An epic of blizzard proportions. {The Friday Five}

I’m linking back up with the DC gals, Mar, Courtney and Cynthia this week and this time I am NOT going to get caught using the wrong badge. DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

Today’s topic is a Friday Free-For-All. With the impending doom that is about to strike at some point between the hours of 4 and 7pm, I figured the best possible topic would be “What I’m going to do this weekend whilst trapped inside my house”. For those of you who don’t live near me and have been paying attention to the national weather forecast this week, I’m located in that hot (cold?) zone of potentially 2 feet of snow from this evening until tomorrow night.

@$%^.

5 Weekend Plans: Snowed In Edition.

I might actually try to run.

I’ve been really motivated this week so Saturday could be my rest day if I wanted, but part of me is itching to go for a short run in the middle of the madness just to say I did it.

tumblr_mzc96zApV71qbdq9so3_r1_500

They are anticipating white out conditions and have warned that I could become disoriented and lost right outside my house. However the idea of getting lost in my own parking lot seems a little preposterous and I doubt they will have to send a search party out for me if I do a few laps.

I bought Betty a new sled!

Actually I bought Betty her FIRST sled. She’s almost 4 and has never been properly sledding before. I know. I’m a terrible parent.

dogthief.gif

Our first sledding excursion may have to wait until Sunday – you know…because I’m not trying to get us lost right outside our house – but I suspect she will love it and never want to come back inside.

Ugh. Shoveling.

Hopefully I won’t have a similar experience to this guy, but I do know that there is a whole lot of shoveling in my future.

Man_shoveling_snow_3207499a

Seriously I hope he was okay after that.

I will have two cars to dig out and no snowblower. The upside to this is that it’s excellent exercise. And you better believe I will be putting chairs out because if anyone tries to take the spots that I spend hours clearing I will have lives to ruin.

I will play so much pretend that I may forget who I am by Monday.

giphy

I will be a Care Bear. A My Little Pony. Multiple princesses. An ice cream vendor. Possibly characters from The Chipmunks movie. It will be fun, exciting, and more exhausting than a typical day at my job. We are getting very few and far between with naps and this weekend I will pray for them because I’m going to need one too.

And let’s not beat around the bush…

cinderella.gif

That’s even more hilarious and accurate as it’s quite possible that I will be drinking a martini dressed as Cinderella at some point. Blizzard + full moon + Betty + cabin fever = potential recipe for disaster. God I hope we don’t lose power. Thank goodness I went wine shopping last night.

I was NOT the only person at the liquor store checking out with multiple bottles either. They must be making a killing right now.

Are you going to be affected by the winter blast this weekend? How much snow are you supposed to get? How do you deal with long days trapped indoors?

Happy weekend, everyone! Stay safe out there if Jonas is coming your way!

50 thoughts on “An epic of blizzard proportions. {The Friday Five}

Ha, I wrote on this same topic too! I think that it’s on a lot of people’s minds 🙂 the sledding and playing sounds fun but I’m definitely not looking forward to shoveling. I’m not brave enough to run in the snow, I’m just hoping it’s clear enough Sunday afternoon for me to get to the gym for the treadmill.

I think tomorrow may be an outdoor run as well because I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere for awhile. This is the worst storm I think I’ve ever seen. Definitely rivaling 2010!

2. Alyena says:

I’m from the Midwest and we only got 2 inches, enough to make people lose their minds. What is it about people that when they see that beautiful powder they all lose it?? I wish I had a storm coming my way, I could definitely use a break from work 🙂 I feel like I appreciate the snow a lot more now as an adult than as I did as a kid lol

I love a good snow storm, but honestly this is a bit much. We have over two feet outside right now and it’s still coming down! I have a feeling there won’t be any work for me on Monday.

3. Eat Pray Run, DC says:

Now they are saying 30-40 inches of snow. I’m like, say what?? Crazy. I’m heading out to run soon and then hoping to run again Sunday. I’d be down for Saturday running if the winds aren’t as predicted. I’m NOT down for 40 mph wind gusts! Lol. Stay safe!

Oh my gosh I know. It’s gotten beyond the point of ridiculousness. We have over 2 feet now and it’s still coming down like crazy! I hope you are doing great down there. I have a feeling I won’t be going anywhere for awhile.

You’re lucky you’re missing it! We did some sledding last night and it was a blast, but today is just too much. Aside from a short run and some shoveling adventures I’ve been hiding inside with drinks all day.

4. Shawna says:

snowmagedddoooon! haha, hope you have a fun weekend of playing make-believe and drinking allll the wine. i’ll be doing one of those two, and balancing it by spending a lot of time in our gym — if we do, in fact, get enough snow that i can’t get outside. enjoy!

5. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

Sadly I think the snow here will be minimal but I enjoyed reading and thinking about you being a drunken, cabin feverish Cinderella! Photos or it didn’t happen!!!

You ladies be safe, enjoy the snow and have a blast!!! (PS If you get a sweet tooth I suggest looking up the recipe and ingredients for “Snow Cream” it’s a fun way to make use of a lot of snow!! And, delicious!)

It kind of made me smile that AL, FL, and SC is seeing some of this too. It really is an epic storm! You just reminded me to look snow cream up too! I meant to do that earlier today. We’ve just been eating ice cream out of our freezer instead. 😛

Hahaha yes. I was nuts. I actually didn’t take my phone and was glad I didn’t because by the time I got down to the bottom of the hill near my house the wind and blowing snow was out of control!

6. Rebecca Jo says:

haha… I so laughed at the ‘pretending’ one 🙂

Our local news has been on all day long with our snow storm & they saw a runner in the background & the reports went off on a tangent about that runner for about 5 minutes… I was like, I’m sure I know that person 🙂 haha

7. Jess@Run Pink! says:

Holy crap. I posted the WRONG badge. Doh. Leave it to me. I’m the worst at paying attention to details. Anyway, yes! I’m in western NC and we got over a foot of snow here. I’ve not seen this much in a long time! We have plenty of food she chocolate. So we are basically good. 😉 enjoy the blizzard! Lots of treadmill hours this weekend until it’s safe to trek out.

8. Nora @ 2 Generations Running says:

Bahaha, screw the milk and bread, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH WINE!!!! I’m right there with ya on that one! 😉 Good luck surviving the storm, I’ll be very curious to hear how it goes for all of you in that area. I’m so glad that Boston is missing this one for once.

4 bottles before this all started! I just cracked the second one about 20 minutes ago. 🙂 You guys got so slammed before that you deserve a nice break. So far we are up over 2 feet here.

9. Running Boston and Beyond says:

I live in coastal NC, and we aren’t getting crap. It’s not a bad thing necessarily, because if we got an inch of snow or ice, the kids would be out of school for the whole week next week JUST TO BE SURE it’s safe. We might get a flurry today, so that means I better stock up on wine. Thanks for the suggestion. Stay safe!

LMAO – that Cinderella GIF just gave me LIFE! lol. I was in AZ last weekend so didn’t have groceries when I returned – lucky for me so I was at the grocery store before all the crazies who act like if they miss a meal they’re doomed and flood the grocery stores. Wine was completely necessary.

11. Lindsey says:

I hope you had a fun weekend! I had to shovel an area for my short pup to pee several times and am not looking forward to shoveling out my car! Glad you had lots of wine 🙂

Ha, I think we got a bare inch of snow this weekend. So much for the frozen north! I was actually a bit jealous of all the snow you guys are getting down south. Not jealous of the shoveling, though. Hope you made it through ok!