Oh hey I have a blog! Maybe I should update it…

You know you’ve been away for awhile when you have to have your password emailed to you. I could probably post every day…maybe even twice a day…for two months with explanations of why I abandoned this place but the short answer is: life. It has been a difficult, occasionally crappy, and occasionally wonderful past couple months. Now I’m finally starting to feel a bit like my normal self again and I’m ready to talk about some of the stuff that has been going on.

Just a couple updates to start off…

1. I got a new job.

Remember that time last year when I got a new job? I do. And you know sometimes when you set out to do something new and it seems like it’s going to be super awesome, but it ends up being a horrible trainwreck of epic proportions? Like so horrible that it feels like it’s single-handedly destroying your whole life?

That ended up being my last job. When you work you spend so many hours of your life there and the more time that I put between myself and that place, the more I realize that I was full-on depressed.

So I got a new job. I’ve been at new job for a month and words cannot describe how happy I am there. I feel creative again. I LOOK FORWARD to going to work every day. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. As much as I beat myself up in the past about taking on that last job, maybe that’s what led me to where I am now. And for that I am hugely thankful.

2. I ran more races.

Four to be exact. A half (the Baltimore Half for the third year in a row), a 5K, a cross-country 5 miler, and another full. I will eventually have recaps of all of these starting with the full which was painful, but also wonderful in so many ways. Which leads me to my next update…

3. I’m done with marathons for awhile.

I can’t anymore right now. I love having big running goals, but training for a marathon sucks the life out of me and I hurt myself every time.

Shorter distances make me so much happier and this fall I fell totally in love with halfs. I’m going to continue to focus on 13.1 miles and shorter. I’m sure I’ll run another full in the future, but I’m going to give myself a LOT of time before the next one.

4. Betty is….Betty.

IMG_4102

This girl. I could write a whole separate blog full of stories just about her. She perfected the eyeroll and side eye at age 2 and now at almost 4 she has fully embraced sarcasm. It’s like having a very small teenager in the house.

Send wine. STAT.

I’ve missed writing here. I’ve missed my blog friends. And I’m hoping that this post is just the beginning. It might be baby steps because I’m feeling a bit rusty, but tentatively I’d like to say…I’m back.

26 thoughts on “Oh hey I have a blog! Maybe I should update it…

1. afastpacedlife says:

Yay! Hugs, I missed you. Sorry, I couldn’t catch up with you at the Running Festival. 😦

I figured Life was going on with you and that you’d be back when you were ready. We’re still here.

Been loving all the IG and FB stuff so haven’t missed too much, but always great to have some more Salt in our lives! 🙂

Good for the good stuff and boo for the crap … and always yay for Betty 🙂

Yay!! So glad you are making your way back to us. Gone but definitely NOT forgotten!! Hugs friend! xoxox

Welcome back!! I’ve missed you! (But also completely understand your absence.) I’m glad things are looking up again 🙂 The half is my favorite distance right now too! xoxo

5. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

Welcome back lady-I’ve missed you! I’ve been in the same position with my blog lately too, but we all eventually get back into a groove that works for us. I’m so glad you have a new job that you love and B is as cute as ever!

So nice to hear from you! I totally understand about life getting in the way, and I’m glad to hear that your new job is so much better. I hope to be hearing more from you soon!

7. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

SO happy you found a happy job!! They are SO important. I was at the end of my rope at my current job earlier this year… then my boss and his wife (co-boss) got fired… and suddenly it was like the skies opened and the birds started to sing, I didn’t realize how depressed or hurt I was feeling from their behavior… I stayed because I needed the job (design work in a small town is hard to come by unless you are a freelancer, and let’s be honest when has that ever given a regular paycheck, am I right?) So yeah… I’m in a much better head space, at least at work! So happy to have you back!!! oxox

Soooo this post made me feel better because I’ve been totally ignoring my WordPress blog reader and today I was like “I wonder what Salt is up to?”. Now I don’t have to feel so bad about missing out on months of reading your blog 🙂 I can’t wait to hear all about the marathon!

Welcome back!! I’m lucky we’re friends IRL so I can get some tidbits from you but have missed your little space on the interwebs. I’ll send wine but it’s gonna come with a 4’11” package 🙂 love you, friend!

10. Ange @ Cowgirl Runs (@cowgirlruns) says:

I’ve missed you and Betty too, and I’m so very glad you’re back!!

I’m feeling the same about marathons. I’m running the full in Disney in January because I’m stubborn (and quite possibly, stupid) and after that I’m taking a break. Maybe for a year. I wish 30ks were a thing – that’s the perfect distance.

11. she's going the distance says:

I feel ya on the marathon thing. It’s why i don’t do them every year, i love them, but they definitely don’t love me back the same way. BUT i can say that half marathons are so much more fun to race and manageable as far as the training goes. I feel like i’m always in “half marathon shape”. and if you like shorter, speedier races/training then half marathons are a much better option while you refresh from the half 🙂

12. she's going the distance says:

I feel ya on the marathon thing. It’s why i don’t do them every year, i love them, but they definitely don’t love me back the same way. BUT i can say that half marathons are so much more fun to race and manageable as far as the training goes. I feel like i’m always in “half marathon shape”. and if you like shorter, speedier races/training then half marathons are a much better option while you refresh from the fulls 🙂

13. Montana @ Pretty Lil Mudder says:

Well hi again and welcome back! I realized it had been a while since I stopped by your blog so I decided to check it out again.

I totally understand the life thing- life got to me this past summer/fall when I was in two different weddings! It was awesome and stressful at the same time but I did neglect my blog and social media for a while. I’m glad you’re back! I also look forward to reading your race recaps when you get those up! I’m considering going for my first marathon, so I’m trying to read about other marathoners experiences! 🙂