My Little Sporty Spice

Fall is officially here—well tomorrow anyway—and right along with it is the start of Betty’s first and hopefully not last t-ball season! She had her first practice/game on Sunday and it was adorable and hilarious to watch.

Also I use the word “game” loosely because after all these kids are 3 years old. Not a whole lot of organization yet.

We arrived to the field promptly at 1pm and Betty was outfitted in a hat and a reversible x-small baseball jersey with a #9 on the back that still managed to be a maxi dress on her. I noticed right away that my little ladybug would be the only girl, not just on her team, but on ALL the teams. I felt proud. Betty, of course, couldn’t have cared less.

IMG_1324

OMG I die.

The kids were taken away for their practice and I was held with the other families for a WAY too long meeting. I was only half paying attention because I was distracted by Betty as she screamed at me from across the field, but I’m pretty sure the gist of the meeting was to not act like psycho sports parent.

Finally we were freed to go watch our children from the sidelines and after about 5 minutes I volunteered to stand on second base and give some direction because the coach was clearly overwhelmed. The practice lasted a half hour and then it was time for the game!

There were 8 kids on each team. The game consisted of each team going through their lineup to bat and advance one base at a time while the other team stood in the field with their tiny baseball gloves going after whatever ball was hit out to them. It was more than a little disorganized, but SO freaking cute. The best part was watching Betty bat in a giant red helmet. She was SO EXCITED to bat.

IMG_1296

SHE HIT IT! And she was pretty great at running the bases too. Being the only girl out there, I got the feeling she was a crowd favorite.

After all the kids had their turns each team lined up to high five each other. And of course some adorable high fives for fellow team members too.

IMG_1315

I am so proud of my girl! She has asked me about a hundred times when she gets to go back and play again so I think it’s safe to say she enjoyed herself too.

If you have kids, do they play any sports? When did they start? If you don’t have children, what sports did you play growing up?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. ❤

35 thoughts on “My Little Sporty Spice

I played T-Ball and I looooved it. But ultimately baseball was more my brother’s sport and I was more into soccer.
    But I also did ballet and rode and later on we did karate and music stuff #doallthethings

Betty is going to be doing soccer as well. I wonder which one she will like better. 🙂 Oh and karate too, but not until she’s 4 because weird age requirements.

She’s definitely going to do all the things.

Omg! Totes Adorbs! Go Betty! I still have Charlotte in little gym and Kids cross country. She does Soccer Shots at school, but I’m planning to get her into soccer next spring. I hope she finds something she likes and will keep at it.

3. Alanna says:

So cute! I ran some cross country back in high school, but didn’t really enjoy running at the time. I was more of a band nerd. 🙂 I can’t wait to see what sports my daughter wants to pursue.

4. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

Oh Betty, you are too cute for words! I love watching toddlers play sports. Ashton has played soccer for a year and it brings me SO MUCH HAPPINESS to watch him. I love that you were able to get involved on the base as well! I know we both have many years ahead of us of fun sports with our kiddos!

5. Shawna says:

she’s SO CUTE! that face!! i love how much you adore her and the bond you two have. i played softball my whole life (starting with t-ball) and loved it, so i hope she has the best experience!

So sweet! I wanted to put Reid in Tball this year but his game schedule would have conflicted with Ryan’s unfortunately and being a single parent right now I can’t split myself in two, as I’m sure you know!! Hopefully he can play next year!