I’m a Trail Blazer!

I have some excellent or terrifying news depending on how you look at it:

Marathon #3.

tumblr_inline_n45dg1kjPV1r1npg5

And it’s only like 14 weeks away.

NCR-Trail-Marathon-Logo-clear

On November 28, I’ll be running 26.2 miles on the NCR Trail which is one of my most favorite places in the whole world to run and also the location of my first marathon last year although that was the Pennsylvania portion of the trail and not the Maryland portion. I’ve already heard so many wonderful things about this race both from my local BRRC peeps and from Courtney who ran it last year so as nervous as I am, I’m also really amped.

Even better, I was chosen to be a Trail Blazer or Ambassador for this race which means that you can expect to see me talking about it a lot here and on social media as if I wouldn’t be doing that anyway because it’s a MARATHON. I had no real plans to do another one this year, but here I am. I have plenty of time to prepare for this right!? RIGHT!?

I guess it’s time to figure out how I’m going to train for this thing!

If you live local to me, I highly suggest that you check this one out. It was on my radar anyway because it really is the perfect time of year for a marathon with all the longest runs happening when it’s not so crazy hot outside and the trail is absolutely beautiful. Feel free to email me if you want any more details or just feel like listening to me rave about it!

So does anyone have a good training plan to suggest for me?? Who else has a big fall race coming up??

OMG I’M RUNNING ANOTHER MARATHON!

70 thoughts on “I’m a Trail Blazer!

1. afastpacedlife says:

How exciting! Congrats on being a Trail Blazer. I’ll eagerly be reading what you have to say about training. I’m 8 weeks away from my first. I feel sick and nervous and excited thinking about it. Is this what giving birth is like?

Thank you!!! I wasn’t expecting it at all and I’m so so so so excited.
      You are going to be fantastic in your first race…your training has been amazing and you just need to trust in it! ❤

2. Lauren says:

I almost applied for that because I’ve heard it’s a great race. However I have back to back racing the first two weekends of November so I’m trying to reel in the crazy runner lady-ness. Congrats!

3. rundoodlerun says:

That’s so awesome! Congrats!! That one’s been on my radar for a while, too – but with my first 26.2 just a few weeks before, I’ll have to wait and see if I can handle two marathons that close together! Can’t wait to hear how your training goes 🙂

4. Eat Pray Run, DC says:

yay!! i may come up to cheer. potential for me to maybe do the relay or the 8k but i’m running 2 fulls in oct and 2 halfs the prior weekends in nov so high potential for my legs to be SHOT. you are going to love it. except the last 1.5 miles. you won’t love that part. but everything else about it is so fun!!!

Ahhhhhhh that would be so awesome if you volunteered!!!! I hope I can get some people to come out and watch the race. I have Betty that weekend so I know she will be an awesome cheerleader too!

So exciting! I love trail races and think a marathon would be awesome. As for a plan I don’t see why you can’t take something like a Higdon plan and tweak it to work with your timetable. You are plenty enough experienced to accommodate for this.

I am so familiar with that trail so I’m looking forward to doing my long runs on there while I train. It’s an awesome place! I think that’s what I might just do. I already have a Higdon app on my phone, but I think this time I might go for one 20 miler instead of two. That’s where I got injured last time and I really don’t want to go through that again.

6. Alanna says:

How exciting! Congrats on being a Trail Blazer. I can’t wait to hear all about it. I’ll have to keep that race in mind for the future. I know that you’re going to rock it!

Thanks!! I hope it goes well. The best part is that I get to train right where the race is so there won’t be any nasty surprises. (At least as far as the terrain is concerned!)

7. Anna @ Piper's Run says:

Very exciting Salt! I’m super pumped to be running to half marathon’s this fall – so nice to be running consistently again! Good luck with your training and looking forward to reading about it! Go get it girl!

I remember Courtney talking about this one last year and it sounds like a great race! Congrats on being a trail blazer and I hope you enjoy the race 🙂 I’m sticking to half marathons for now and my next one is in November at Disney World.

9. Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor says:

Awesome, congratulations!! Is it a super-technical trail or more paved? I know a lot of runners who do trail marathons almost like they are training runs, the atmosphere at those races is so much more laid back and fun. 14 weeks is plenty of time to build up if you’ve been running regularly, I’m sure you’ll do great!

It’s rail trail so definitely not technical. The worst I’ll have to deal with is bike tracks most likely. 🙂
      My first marathon was the same way and it definitely had that laid back attitude. I’m pretty excited to experience something like that again! 😀 Thanks so much!

10. tunderholmes says:

Whatever’s not right about you, I think it’s awesome. Have fun training. My running partner is training for her second 26.2 right now using the Run Less, Run Faster program again. She kinda shrugged off the cycling the first time, so she’s taking that a little more seriously this time. She felt ready the first time and got to the start line (and finish line) feeling strong!

Thank youuuu! I’ve heard a lot of good things about Run Less, Run Faster and to be honest anything that calls for me running less is probably a good idea because I’m a little on the injury prone side. I am going to look into it a little more and see if I can work it into my plan!

11. Change of Pace says:

I was so excited when I saw that you’re running another marathon!! I hope you stay injury free!
    Me- no race plans! I had one I was looking at for late-September but I’m on a running hiatus instead!

OMG so exciting!!! I’ve already got my fall marathon scheduled but this sounds like a great race that I would totally consider for next year. Happy training love! 🙂