Workout Roundup! {June 8 – 14, 2015}

It’s Fit Foodie Week!!!

Logo_Circles-01

This weekend I’ll be hanging with Mar, Courtney, Kathryn (it’s about time we got to hang out!), and hopefully some of YOU too in lovely Fairfax, Virginia for one of my most favorite race events. If you haven’t yet there is still a bit of time to sign up for the 5K on Saturday and now a Yoga and Pure Barre class on Sunday sponsored by Fabletics. And of course all the yummy food goodness in between. Use code RUNSALTRUN at checkout for 10% off your registration!

Let’s get down to the recap though. Here’s how last week worked out for me:

Monday, June 8: Speedwork!! Maybe I’m crazy, but this is what I missed the most during marathon training. I LOVE doing intervals even when they are so difficult that I feel like I might throw up. I did a warm up mile and then 8×400’s which is the most repeats I’ve done since getting back into it. In the evening I did some abs.

Tuesday, June 9: I had Betty in the morning and dinner plans in the evening so at first I wasn’t sure I was going to get any kind of fitness was going to happen at all. Then I remembered the Jillian Michaels’ Ripped in 30 DVD I purchased about a billion years ago that has since been collecting dust on the shelf. At 5:30 am I threw it in the player and did the Level 3 workout, not really expecting to break much of a sweat.

tumblr_inline_npv6l4880u1rfnhe7_500

I was straight disgusting by the time that workout was over. Also I now remember why I loathe Jillian Michaels so much. I’ll definitely be doing this again when the gym seems like an impossibility.

Wednesday, June 10: 6 glorious, hilly miles.

IMG_7256

With the following glorious—though sadly not-negative because hills—splits: 8:20, 7:34, 7:15, 7:34, 7:44 (worst hill of the morning), 7:27. This was the kind of run that reminds me why I love doing this so much.

Thursday, June 11: 3 miles on the treadmill and then most of a Body Pump class. Later on I got in some ab work and some extra cardio chasing lightning bugs outside with my best girl!

IMG_7313

Friday, June 12: Rest Day.

Saturday, June 13: Happy 13th Birthday, Charm City Run! The best running store around celebrated a big milestone on Saturday morning and invited everyone a party. They had a 13K (or choose your shorter distance) Under Armour Speedform Test/Fun Run at 7:30 am, a kid’s run at 8:30 and other fun events throughout the day.

Betty and I were there bright and early for the first run and I did 4 miles pushing her in the stroller on some SERIOUS hills. After an additional cool down jog, we joined a group of kids for the fun run!

IMG_7342

The kids run was a mile and being the littlest out there, I knew that she probably wouldn’t be able to do the whole thing by herself and I ran alongside her with the stroller. I’ve gotta tell you guys…she was SO determined to keep up with the other kids. Proud mommy!

Sunday, June 14: FINALLY SOME BIKE MILES!

IMG_7375

20 sweaty, humid, dirty bike miles to be exact. This ride was awesome. I rounded out the day with tons of walking around Arlington National Cemetery and the DC Zoo.

Total Mileage: 19+ on my feet (running) and 20 on my bike. Plus some great strength training!

So seeing that I have that 5K coming up, most of this week is going to be spent taking it easy on the running front. I’ve been having a little bit of soreness in my right Achilles that isn’t so bad yet, but I know if I keep pushing it that it might quickly go that route.

Also check this out!!

IMG_7328

That would be ME on the right rocking some Lily Trotters! They are having a fabulous giveaway right now on their Facebook page and will be picking 3 winners that will each receive a FREE PAIR of the best socks around!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! What was your best workout from last week? Shout it out in the comments!

32 thoughts on “Workout Roundup! {June 8 – 14, 2015}

I’ll be at the 5k this weekend! I’ll keep an eye out for you 🙂 I’ve tried a couple of the Jillian Michael workout videos and they all leave me a sweaty mess afterward.

2. Jamie says:

Awesome week of training! Love it!! So excited to hear your recap of next weekend! Is Monday too soon to start looking forward to things like that? Haha. Have a fabulous week! : )

Can’t wait to hear how Fit Foodie goes! I wish I had signed up, maybe next year. You look great in the Lily Trotters ad. Where are you running in that picture? It looks so pretty!

4. Maddie @ Dixie Runs says:

Great week! Sounds like you have a lot of fun, exciting things going on 🙂 Betty is looking cute as ever… I’m jealous you guys got to catch lightning bugs!! That’s one of my favorite summer activities!

I love the pic of you! And you know that Betty pics make my day. You two are the best! I love Jillian Michaels videos. When I need at at home workout I think they do a great job. Do you not do speed workouts during marathon training? I would totally think they would be great for you to add in (on a healthy training cycle of course).

6. Alanna says:

I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred when I was on maternity leave. It’s no joke! I enjoyed some speed work this Wednesday as well. I really think that it’s helping already. I love the Lily Trotters pic!

Lily Trotters picked a good model, my friend! 🙂 I can’t remember what Jillian Michael’s video I did a while ago, but I did like one level and was done for ha. And it’s no surprise that Betty was so determined to keep up with the other kiddos, she’s got you for a momma! ❤

8. Anna @ Piper's Run says:

Great week Salt! I love Jillian Michale’s DVD’s and can’t wait to dust mine off soon – waiting for my PT to say I’m good to go! My best workout last week was my hardest 5k in MONTHS! It was 100% a struggle but so awesome at the same time…couldn’t wipe the smile (or sweat) off my face 😉

9. allisonfiorini says:

You’re not crazy (at least not to me!), I love speed work, too! Especially 800s! Soooo happy you got out on your bike, and your advertisement for the compression socks is awesome!!

Fantastic pic of you rocking Lily Trotters! Those socks are seriously the best.

Great week of workouts last week and best of luck at the Fit Foodie 5k – I’m super excited to run that one this fall in Chicago 🙂

Look at you! Nice job on the 400’s! I’ve been doing track workouts as well – I secretly love it even though it hurts so much. This morning it was in a “tropical storm” that blew up from the Gulf. So cool about that pic – you’re getting so famous! Please don’t forget us! 😉 I love catching lightning bugs – but they’re kind of rare down here. 😦

12. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

Great workouts lady.!! you are rocking it in those lily trotters pics. Every time I see you on their facebook I smile and am soo jealous. lol You look awesome.!