It’s like a dream come true. {I’m on Runner’s World!!}

During a recent workout roundup I mentioned that I had something exciting on the horizon, but I couldn’t release any details yet. Well as of yesterday this big surprise is live and I can blast it all over the Internet as much as I want. Which trust me…I’ve been doing.

IMG_7269

See that second story? THAT’S ME. On the front page of the RUNNER’S WORLD WEBSITE.

rs_500x239-140818145925-Freaking-out

So you may be asking yourself, “How the hell did Salt get a story on Runner’s World?” Well I will tell you…

I was contacted by the journalist, a wonderful lady named Diann, a couple weeks ago. She had been tasked to write a story for Zelle, which is a section of Runner’s World that has a focus on women. Knowing my history she wanted to know if I would like to be featured.

Would I like to be featured. In an article on Runner’s World.

Why yes…yes I would.

Diann and I have “known” each other for a long time. Years ago I had a different blog and she interviewed me for a Bombshell Bride story where I talked about how I was using yoga to de-stress before my wedding. After that we stayed in touch and I can’t even express how honored I felt when she approached me for the She Runs piece.

Some of you may have seen it already because we are Facebook friends or because you follow my Run Salt Run page, but if you haven’t here it is (the picture is the link):

IMG_7267

I feel like I’m having a really good dream right now.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

39 thoughts on “It’s like a dream come true. {I’m on Runner’s World!!}

1. Shawna says:

this is amazingggg!! gahhh i’m SO HAPPY FOR YOU, girl! it seriously is like a runner chick’s dream come true…and you totally deserve this incredible slice of happiness in your life right now. thrilled for you!

2. Heather says:

Congrats on your Runner’s World article! That is so cool!

I haven’t been following your blog for very long, so I hadn’t come across your back story yet. I actually have the same condition. I had to wear corrective shoes when I was little that basically feel like you are wearing your shoes on the wrong feet. Or so I am told. I don’t really remember it, but my parents said when I switched to regular shoes I would try to wear them on the wrong feet, haha. The doctor’s suggested the surgery for me, but my parents elected not to have it done so my feet still turn inwards.

3. the mile report says:

Ahh! I went to the Runner’s World website to find the article for the full effect, and it was awesome. I didn’t know your back story! I’m so glad that you were featured! 🙂

Congrats!!! I loved reading your story. You are such an inspiration always! Betty has a great role model in you 😀

5. Kerrie says:

Congratulations ! Super famous now you’ve been on Runnersworld.com! 🙂 love it! 🙂 you are an absolute running legend, I honestly wouldn’t have guess you had problems as a youngster. I’m so happy for you! 🙂

6. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

awe wow.!! I am so jealous of you right now. haha
    but, I don’t know anyone more deserving to be featured.! 🙂 you deserve the spot light girl!!

7. Lily says:

I came across the article even before seeing this blog post, and it was such an awesome surprise! I even told my husband ‘I know her!’ Congratulations, you deserve it!!