Workout Roundup! {June 1 – 7, 2015}

funny-Monday-work-job

One day I will figure out how to make my running clothes business casual.

Anyway, Monday strikes again which means another round up of last week’s workouts. Despite the majority of the week being miserably cold by June standards and with lots of rain, I’m still really happy with how things went. Let’s see what happened:

Monday, June 1: 5K run (7:46 pace) and most of a BodyPump class. Unfortunately I usually have to split right after biceps if I want any hope of arriving to work on time. This particular day I was breathing a sigh of relief when it was time to leave; the back track had SO. MANY. POWER PRESSES. and I don’t think I fully recovered from them until lunchtime. In the evening I did some abs in my living room.

Tuesday, June 2: I was off work due to the Kickstarter shoot with Lily Trotters so I headed to the gym in the morning for speedwork in the form of the first 800’s I’ve done since last year. Man were they TOUGH. I did a mile warmup, 4×800’s with 400m recovery in between (22:20 total time) and a cool down mile. It wasn’t quite time for me to get ready yet after all that so I hopped on the stepmill for 20 minutes.

And I guess I could also count all the running around I did modeling those gorgeous socks as another workout too! I’ve seen a couple of the still shots from the day and I cannot wait to share them!

Wednesday, June 3: HAPPY NATIONAL RUNNING DAY!! I was up early for 4 treadmill miles and then in the evening I met up with the group at Charm City Run for an additional 3 miles which I wrote all about here. It was nice to celebrate the day with a little more mid-week mileage than I’m used to.

Thursday, June 4: So a little extra something about last week…I was a miserable failure in the sleep department. Tuesday night I got about an hour and a half of sleep and by the time Wednesday night rolled around I was a disagreeable trainwreck. Thursday morning I was still a little out of sorts, but managed to make it to the gym for BodyPump and fit in an ab workout in the evening. Then I went to bed right around the same time Betty did.

Friday, June 5: Still tired and that was okay because REST DAY.

Saturday, June 6: Betty and I went to the gym. She played in the playroom while I ran 7 miles (7:50 pace) on the treadmill while watching television coverage of the Baltimore 10 Miler.

Sunday, June 7: My second group run of the week! I got together with some awesome ladies from my Moms Run This Town chapter—including Sara and Betty’s best friend Charlotte—for some miles on the trail. I decided that I was going to attempt 5 although the longest run I had done with the stroller previously was a 5K. It went REALLY well:

11039836_1010714202274316_2910452197635223773_n

My splits: 8:43, 8:32, 8:36, 8:14, 7:48. As you can see, Betty was pretty excited about it too. She loved running on the trail!

Total Mileage for the Week: 27+.

The only regret I have is the overwhelming lack of bike mileage although I most days it would have made more sense to build an ark than ride a bike. One of my goals for this week is some non-running cardio because my right achilles is feeling a little tight/sore-ish and I don’t want to push it too hard. Also I just found out that Tuesday Track Nights are starting again and while I may not make it over there tomorrow I’m excited to make that a part of my routine this summer!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Did you run long or race? Tell me about it!

37 thoughts on “Workout Roundup! {June 1 – 7, 2015}

sounds like a great week! I haven’t run at all in June (lol). My end of May half was enough for me to proclaim rest for a bit. I’ll get it together this week though 🙂 Betty is so cute and looks very excited to have run 5 miles!! Can’t wait to see you next week!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK!!! Did you end up getting a hotel?
      We had the best time out on the trail. I’m thinking this Saturday morning we might need to go do another run out there…maybe 6 miles this time!

Sorry about the lack of sleep 😦 I hope that you’re getting more rest now. That photo of Betty is adorable! She looks so excited to be out there.

3. Court says:

You had an awesome week of workouts especially for barely getting any sleep! My body shuts down if I don’t get enough sleep. I’m really excited to see your photos from the Lily Trotters kickstarter!!

I may have to see if I can get an okay on a photo share. I just love the pics!
      Honestly I have no idea how I functioned on Wednesday. That night was definitely no fun though!

4. Jamie says:

Solid week of training! If I don’t get at least 6 hours of sleep, workouts are definitely not happening! I had a mentally tough 10 miler on Saturday. I just wanted to keep up with a LSD run between training cycles, but with the humidity and heat, it was a very tough run to complete. Here’s to hoping there’s better weather this week!

So far it looks like this week is going to be HOT but at least there will be a lot less rain. I think the runs I did on Wednesday were the only reason I was able to stay awake and function at all. I am definitely not going to try to get that little sleep again though!

Great week! I need sleep or early morning workouts do not happen. Can’t wait to see your Lily Trotters pics! And yes I ran on Saturday – the Bmore 10 Miler – I did not make it on TV (fortunately or unfortunately, I haven’t decided)

I say that it’s a major UNFORTUNATELY! I would have loved to see you! (I did see my friend Jarrod on there, but not during the actual race…he runs with Back On My Feet and they did a segment.) You were such a rockstar for still coming to the group run after that!

Looks like you had an awesome week in spite of being tired! I can’t wait to see the Lily Trotters pics and video–I’m seriously in love with mine after a couple of runs.

7. Sam @ See Sam Run says:

Awesome week! I can’t wait to see the Lillytrotters video 🙂 I can’t imagine how hard it must be to run pushing a stroller. I bet it makes your workout a lot harder!
    I did the Baltimore 10 this weekend and spent the rest of the weekend on my feet. I need a couple easy days to recover!

I’m equal parts excited and terrified to see that video. 🙂
      Pushing the stroller is definitely a challenge, but so much fun especially now that she’s old enough to tell me stories as I run. It makes the time go by faster. 🙂 Get some rest, girl!! I hope you had a great race on Saturday!

I really surprised myself with that run and I’m thinking I want to take her back out on the trail Saturday for 6 to see how I can do! It was so much fun!

❤ Love the e-card! I'm fortunate in that I'm able to wear running shoes at the PT clinic I work at, unfortunate in that khakis and jeans on Fridays are as comfy at the pants get ha. Im so excited to hear more about your Lily Trotters campaign! Way to go on the stroller run! Love Betty's face for it too!

Betty was too much out there. Such a great cheerleader for everyone!
      I’ve basically started to default to dresses at work because it’s gotten so darn hot and humid around here, but really I wish I could just roll in in yoga pants and a pair of my running shoes. That would be magical. 😀

I am so impressed with your pace. Just thinking about running with a stroller really freaks me out. I feel like I will be too weak to do it. You inspire me. Those splits are also super impressive. Way to go you two 🙂

Thank you! Don’t be freaked! It’s really a lot of fun (especially now that she’s older/chattier) and a great way to get some extra strength training in while you run. I bet you will love it! ❤

10. allisonfiorini says:

If you figure out how to make workout clothes work clothes, please let me know!! Great job this week!! I can’t imagine running with a stroller – that sounds so hard. You are incredible!

Haha I definitely will. Workout clothes are like half my closet and I’d love to be able to wear them more. Thank you so much, lady! Running with a stroller is tough, but FUN!

Fantastic week of training! Nice speedy 800s and fun to do a photo shoot with Lily Trotters 🙂 Definitely count that mileage!

I haven’t done a group track workout in awhile but those types of meetups are always fun. A great way to get faster!