Workout Roundup! {May 25 – 31, 2015}

Happy June, everyone!! I celebrated the new month with an awesome weekend full of running, good food, attending a baseball game on the surface of the sun, and getting some brand new ink:

IMG_6840

“Keep moving forward” was my mantra as I struggled at the end of the NJ Marathon and now with everything else going on in my life it has become even more significant. I am in LOVE with this tattoo. And for anyone who has ever heard horror stories about getting your ribs done, I can assure you that it really doesn’t hurt.

Now on to the workouts from last week! It was a great week yet again.

Monday, May 25: Memorial Day and I was off work. Betty and I had plans to attend a BBQ in the afternoon, so I took her to the gym playroom in the morning and did some treadmill intervals. 1 mile warm up @ 8:22, 6×400’s with 400m recover (total time 22:12), and 1 mile cool down @ 8:22. The final 2 repeats were the fastest treadmill intervals I had ever attempted and this run felt fantastic! I also did some abs and then negated all my hard work by stuffing my face with cheeseburgers.

Tuesday, May 26: Woke up early for some living room strength training and then Betty was with her dad in the evening so I took my bike over to the trail for a 16 mile ride. I knocked something like 7 minutes off the last time I went out for that distance, so I felt pretty bad-a when I was done.

Wednesday, May 27: 5 sweaty, nasty, FABULOUS miles.

IMG_6713

Thursday, May 28: One of my favorite ways to double up workouts right now is waking up extra early and doing a treadmill 5K before Body Pump. Due to time constraints I usually have to wrap up class after biceps so I feel like I get a lot more accomplished for the day when I run those 3.1 miles first! I made up for the fact that I missed out on the ab portion in the evening.

Also something really exciting happened for me on Thursday afternoon. I can’t wait to tell you guys all about it, but I don’t think I’m supposed to mention it anywhere yet. Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger. 🙂

Friday, May 29:

57493871

Totally. I worked hard last week and deserved it.

Saturday, May 30: I had some kind of long run planned. I would have liked to do 8 and figured that going out around 8am would allow me to do this. Except that no…it ended up being brightly sunny, 80 degrees, and 5600% humidity.

So I ran 7 (7:40 pace) and got quite a few smiles from people along the way when they read my shirt.

IMG_6837

Sunday, May 31: 3 treadmill miles (8:04 pace), 30 minutes elliptical and then LOTS of walking around the city yesterday!

IMG_6878

The only thing that could have made this day better—besides it not being so damn hot out—would be if we won the game. Maybe next time.

Totals: 23+ running and 16 on the bike. Lots of cross training!

My main goal for this week is fixing my water bottle cage on my bike. It started coming loose at around mile 12 of my Tuesday ride and proceeded to annoy me for the rest of the time I was out there. Hopefully there is something in my house I can use to screw it back on.

I’m also looking forward to celebrating NATIONAL RUNNING DAY on Wednesday and have big news for tomorrow as well…

I’M GOING TO BE IN A KICKSTARTER VIDEO!!

I know some of  you might be aware that Lily Trotters (aka my go-to compression socks!) have been working toward filming a Kickstarter video. Well now it’s happening and I am so honored to have been asked to be one of the featured athletes! I will definitely be posting more information about this as I have it. 🙂

How did your week of workouts go? Are you training for anything specific right now? Will you be celebrating National Running Day?

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that this week has started off wonderfully for you!

68 thoughts on “Workout Roundup! {May 25 – 31, 2015}

Nowhere as of yet. 🙂 But they will be launching VERY soon! I got to see so many awesome designs yesterday and I pretty much want to buy all of them. 🙂

Great week of workouts! I am so impressed with all your biking. And I love getting a few miles in before body pump…definitely makes me feel like I accomplished a little more from my workout. And I am always too tired after class to run.
    I will definitely be celebrating National running day. I’m trying to see if others who are posting about their love of running this week want to join in for a link-up so let me know if you are in! Love that tattoo! And can’t wait to hear about your exciting news!

2. Jamie says:

Such exciting news about your video debut! Can’t wait to see it! You had a great week of training! Is there anything better than a fresh tattoo? I only have two, but still day dream about the next one I’m going to get. No specific training as of right now – just building a base for NYCM training in July. And I will ABSOLUTELY be celebrating National Running Day! : ) Hope you have a great Monday!!

Thank you!!
      And no there really isn’t haha. This is number 15 for me and I definitely have more planned. Such an addition! Happy National Running Day to you!!

3. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

Ahh I am so jealous of your Orioles game!! Awesome week of workouts, you’re a beast! I will definitely be observing national running day. I’m really looking forward to heading to MD this weekend for the B-10 and my friend’s wedding shower festivities!

We’ve been lucky to go pretty frequently this season, but man I wish we would just WIN A GAME!! Good luck this weekend at B10! I wish I was running it. 🙂

4. Lauren @ ihadabiglunch says:

LOVE the ink. I have thought about commemorating this tough year with a tattoo as well but I just haven’t had the guts yet. I really, really like yours though. You got me thinking again 🙂

Baseball games are the best in the summer, right? It’s just a right of passage!

Aww thanks! I’m glad I could be some kind of inspiration. 🙂
      I have been LOVING going to the stadium this year so far even though we haven’t been playing all that well. We have to win one eventually right??

5. Shawna says:

yayyy for being in video! so Wed is National Running Day, eh? thx for filling me in. 🙂 i have zero tatts but i really am into them (love guys to be tatted) and have been saying i’mma get one for ages…maybe this year. 🙂

You kick ass at getting your workouts in. This week was so hot and nasty – if this didn’t prep us for summer running nothing will. Yeah for being in the Lily Trotters video! You’re going to be a supa’ sta’!

I used to always try to get a few miles in before Body Pump, but I just could never get in early enough. I haven’t been to Body Pump in forever because the 6 AM classes make me late for work! If only they could start at 5:30.

I really hope that this summer doesn’t get any hotter. I don’t know if I can take it. We almost melted at that baseball game. I wish those classes started a bit earlier too! I’ve been leaving after biceps every time so that I have time to shower, but I hate missing the end of class!

7. allisonfiorini says:

LOVEEEE your new ink! I want ink! I have none, and need some!! Love where you got it, too. I like tattoos on the ribs! GREAT job on your workouts this week…and I hope you post the kickstarter video when you have it!! So exciting!

Lovelovelove your new tat! I’ve been wanting to get more for a while and you just re-lit the fire! Congrats on the Lily Trotters video! Susan just sent me a pair to try and I’m kind of in love already 😀

Great week! I love the tattoo!! I’m thinking I need to get a new one soon but I’ll probably wait till after my fall marathon 😀
    And that’s super exciting news about being in the Kickstarter video! Can’t wait to see you rock those socks!!
    Um also, I love your zombie shirt!! It’s awesome!!!

A new tattoo is ALWAYS a good idea. 😀
      I had so much fun filming yesterday. I hope I wasn’t too awkward! You should see some of the new sock designs…they are AMAZING!

10. Pip {Cherries & Chisme} says:

Eeeek love the tattoo!! I constantly debate with myself about getting one haha
    PR’d on my 5k by 48 secs last Saturday which totally made my week 😀 I’m just starting to properly focus on half marathon training for September, yet to actually make a proper plan though :/ figuring out how to balance it with keeping up CrossFit 3x per week, eek.

Thanks! Congrats on that awesome PR!!!
      Good luck getting everything balanced too…I bet once you find the right groove it will be very easy for you. 🙂

My mantra is actually “Just Keep Going” so I like that tat! I keep meaning to get another one but haven’t. Good work on the week!! And YAY you’ll have to share the video with us when it’s ready!!!!!!!!

Your tattoo is beautiful! You did deserve that rest day, you’ve been kicking major butt on your workouts. Huge congratulations on being selected to be in that video! Can’t wait to hear more about it and see it! And I can’t wait for the news!!! You’re full of all kinds of surprises! Have a wonderful week my friend 🙂

Thanks, friend. ❤ The video was a huge honor! I hope they don't regret picking me because I always feel so awkward on camera!
      I hope you're having a wonderful week so far too!

Thank you so much!! That’s so cool they sent you a pair too…they have quickly become my favorite socks and even more so after seeing some of their other designs yesterday!

13. Fallon @ Slacker Runner says:

Great week! Nice tattoo! Does it really not hurt? That is where I want mine but I don’t have any tattoos currently so I am afraid it may break me. 🙂 I have know what I want for years now but keep chickening out.

Thanks! It really didn’t hurt much at all. He started on the front right on my rib which was a little uncomfortable, but everything else felt very easy. 🙂

What a great week of workouts! You’re doing a wonderful job of making sure your workouts are quality – love the interval workout – you must have been flying!

Awesome to be featured in the Lily Trotters video! I wore a pair of the socks on Friday and they are fantastic 🙂

15. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

GREAT workouts girl.! and wow that is so awesome that you’ll be in a kickstarter video.!! wow you’re going to rock it. 🙂
    ooh I didn’t know it was going to be national running day. Thanks for letting me know.! Now I will definitely have to celebrate.

Yay for tattoos and being in kickstarter videos! I can’t wait to see it! Also, I really want a pair of those socks so I’ll be supporting them for sure.