#IRun4Meadow & some other random coolness

Wednesday night was the best evening of my whole week. That’s when I received the email that I had been matched.

irun4

I signed up with the IR4 organization at the tail end of last year after seeing so many of my running friends build beautiful relationships with their buddies. Every week the wait list would be updated and I would check to see where my name was and wonder who I would be lucky enough to be matched up with.

Well I have my match and let me just tell you guys…she’s PRECIOUS. Obviously I don’t want to give out any details here without her family’s permission, but I am so excited to dedicate my miles to Meadow. Seriously, could her name be any cuter?? Betty and I are gearing up to run our first race for her tomorrow morning at The Color Run!

If you aren’t familiar with IR4 and want to get involved, I encourage you to check out their site and watch the video there. It’s truly life changing!

And then there was the day I got cheese mail.

IMG_6315

This has got to be one of my favorite things about my Fit Foodie involvement. Sartori makes some of the most amazing cheese on the planet and because they are a sponsor of the Fit Foodie 5K Weekend, they have generously provided a beautiful spread of cheeses plus some other fun goodies to their Ambassadors. The merlot (second from the right) is probably the best cheese I’ve ever had in my life. I feel like I should have a fancy party and invite you all to it.

Then just when I thought that my week couldn’t get any more awesome there was more to come.

logo

You’ve probably heard me rave about my Lily Trotters before. I was lucky enough to learn about this awesome local business from one of my friends and since then they have become my go-to compression socks. I wore them in New Jersey and got a handful of compliments from other runners while out on the course! And I also got to hang with my sock twin that weekend:

IMG_5563

I LOVE this girl!

Now I don’t want to say too much about what I have coming up—mostly because I have no idea if I’m even allowed to talk about it yet—but let’s just say that I will be working with Lily Trotters on something in the very near future. I’m over the moon excited and I can’t wait to share it with you guys!

Is anyone else racing this weekend? Do you have an IR4 buddy? What is your favorite kind of cheese? (Wanna come over and help me eat all this cheese!?)

I hope that everyone has a WONDERFUL holiday weekend!

24 thoughts on “#IRun4Meadow & some other random coolness

1. aliceruns says:

Cheese! I loooove cheese! Lemme get my flight ticket and I’ll brt!

On a more serious note, congratulations on being matched with Meadow! I am sure your dedication and enthusiasm will make it a wonderful experience for both of you. All the best.

Excited to hear about what you have up and coming! And beautiful that you were paired up 😀 It would be an honor to have you running for me! ❤

3. Melissa says:

Have you tried the espresso bellavitano cheese from sartori? It is SO GOOD. I normally don’t even like anything coffee related (other than coffee) and this cheese is so delicious.

4. Jamie says:

No races this weekend, but I did race a 5k last night! Which was super fun and way harder than I remember! Haha. Favorite kind of cheese – smoked mozzarella! It’s delicious but I can only eat a little bit at a time : ) Have a great long weekend!!!

Wow, what an awesome day! I wish someone would send me a package of cheese. I’m jealous! I can’t wait to hear what you’re working on with Lily Trotters. Those socks are adorable.

I’m not going to tell you how much of this cheese I’ve already eaten and it hasn’t even been 24 hours… it is SO good. Asiago is my BFF. Awesome news all around for you. Hope you have an amazing weekend my friend!

7. JessD says:

Congrats on being matched! I was fortunate to attend a talk by the IR4 founder at the Fargo Marathon a few weeks ago, and it’s such an amazing program!

8. kiwiyogirunner says:

I totally wanna help you eat that cheese! Jealous! I love cheddar and Parmesan! I ate a phenomenal amount of cheese when I lived in Italy for six months, good times 🙂 IR4 sounds amazing! Very cool! 🙂

Ah love you too!! ❤ Lily Trotters socks are awesome – I can't wait to hear what you're doing with them!!! I would also LOVE to help you eat all that cheese! Cheese is my weakness but I really don't know if I could choose a favorite – perhaps gorgonzola?? But that merlot cheese sounds like a dream!!
    Glad you got your IR4 buddy 🙂 I've heard great things about the organization but haven't looked much into yet. Will have to do that soon!

10. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

I would die of happiness if I received a delivery of cheese like that. It looks so good! I would eat that asiago right up. You’re one lucky girl!
    Have fun at the Color Run tomorrow! I hope it’s a beautiful day for you and Betty!

Pack some of that cheese for tomorrow! So excited to hear you got a match! Meadow is certainly a lucky girl. Can’t wait to hear what you and Lily Trotters have in store!

12. Alanna says:

IR4 sounds amazing and inspiring. I would love to look into that in the future. I can’t wait to find out what you have going on with Lily Trotters! Good luck on the color run!

Meadow is such a cute name! Such a wonderful week with being matched, cheese mail, and some exciting news with Lily Trotters! Can’t wait to hear more! I’ve never heard of them before. I’m also really jealous of your cheese mail. That it pretty much amazing!

14. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

I’m so excited you got matched!! I am on the wait list at #3102, so I think I have a bit of time before I am matched but I am really looking forward to it. I am VERY jealous of your cheese delivery, I was looking through IG with Ash and when we saw your pic he wanted the cheese too! 🙂 What can I say, we love our cheese!! 🙂 So glad you had a great week and that your back is feeling better!! Have an awesome week my friend! xo

Those socks are so awesome and I can’t wait to learn more about your work with them! I seriously need to buy a pair as soon as they’re available!

That cheese looks so delicious! I’ve seen Sartori cheese in some local stores but have yet to try it. Maybe I’ll have to look for the merlot variety! Nom nom!

Your Lily Trotters socks are so cute!