It’s Fit Foodie Time Again!!

GREAT NEWS!!!

Logo_Circles-01

Yesterday afternoon I got the email that I was hoping to receive:

Hello Fit Foodie Ambassador!

Thank you for joining us as a Fit Foodie Ambassador for Cooking Light & Health’s The Fit Foodie 5K Race Weekend in Fairfax, VA, June 19 – 21, 2015. We’re so excited to work with you!

I am so excited to work with them again too!

I was an Ambassador for this race last year and had a ball. The weekend was full of fitness, friends (Sue! Cynthia! Courtney! Deb! Erika!), and delicious food. I couldn’t even recap the experience in just one post…I had to do three!

The 5K (Where I just so happen to have my 5K PR!)

An Awesome Yoga Class

The Food

This year they are mixing things up a little bit and along with the fun and fancy VIP Cocktail Party to kick off the weekend and the 5K on Saturday morning, I will be participating in a Sunday Sweat Session with celebrity trainer, Tracy Anderson. I can’t wait.

Once again I have been given my own very special promo code to share. To sign up for all the events of the Fit Foodie Race Weekend in Fairfax visit HERE and at checkout enter promo code RUNSALTRUN. It will get you 10% off your registration!

I’m telling you…it’s so worth it. Fit Foodie has been one of my favorite racecations so far and I strongly suggest making a whole weekend out of it!

Has anyone taken a great racecation lately? I want to hear about it!

Happy Thursday, everyone! This week has been complete insanity and  I’m still working on my Jersey recap…so stay tuned for that. 🙂

53 thoughts on “It’s Fit Foodie Time Again!!

This sounds like such a fun weekend, but unfortunately my schedule and my budget just won’t allow any more trips this year–I’m already going to Prague and Disney! Have fun!

2. klregan says:

This sounds super fun! Congrats on becoming an ambassador! I bet it’ll be an awesomely fun weekend. Hope you’re feeling good and not too sore. I look forward to hearing your race recap! 🙂

Thank you! I’m REALLY looking forward to this one! I’ve been feeling okay this week. Definitely still in recovery mode, but looking forward to healing up so I can get back to interval training in preparation for this race!

3. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?! says:

I’m bummed I will miss it this year! Maybe I can get over and do the 5K with you on Saturday morning, but it’s less than a week from my half Ironman and I’ll need to just chillax with the kids on Saturday morning. Or do laundry and stuff I will have neglected in the throes of training. 🙂 I will live vicariously through you but I won’t get to eat the delicious food!

4. scouch2 says:

this is on my list for some year in the future…I just had semi racecation in Nashville last weekend for the country music half….and my next racecation will be the diva half in Georgia with some of my girlfriends! love it.

5. Nora @ 2 Generations Running says:

That sounds like so much fun! I don’t think it’s going to be in the cards for me this year, but I’ll have to keep it in mind for future years! And I just want you to know, I’ve been anxiously checking your blog waiting for your Jersey recap!!! 🙂 You’ve got me in suspense!

I’m all signed up for Dopey too!!! (Yay deferral!) I hope I can make that weekend happen. 🙂 We are definitely going to need to meet up down there!

6. Single-Tracked Mind says:

Congrats!! It’s awesome that you get to be an ambassador again. Jesse and I are taking an epic racecation to Berlin in September, but before that, we’re traveling to SoCal for a half. All of our other drives are short drives away (and mostly in wine country ;)).

Thank you so much! I was really hoping they would want me to come down again. I even booked the same hotel this time around. 🙂 You guys are going to have such an incredible time in Berlin!! I fully support any and all wine country trips. 🙂

So so bummed I can’t do this with you this year. Hubby is having surgery that week and I need to be available to play nurse maid!! Have a wonderful time. Depending on how he is feeling maybe I can sneak out for a few hours to meet for dinner!

I AM SO BUMMED YOU WON’T BE THERE!!!!! I’ll be staying in a hotel all weekend though (the same as last year) so definitely let me know if you want to meet up! Saturday night I have no plans. 🙂

I recently discovered Fit Foodie is coming to Chicago! No dates are listed yet but my fingers are crossed I can do the race. It sounds like so much fun from the recaps I read last year 🙂