I’m back from the shore!

Hey everyone! I don’t have enough energy yet to recap everything that happened in the race yesterday (because A LOT happened in those 26.2 miles), but I made it through in one piece.

It was not anywhere near the race I wanted to have, but this weekend was freaking awesome and considering that I didn’t think I would make it to the starting line at all just a few days ago, I’m thrilled with the outcome. I got to meet some wonderful people (CHARISSA!!!) and even though I struggled I made some great new friends on the course. And I got such a cool medal:

IMG_5565

It spins! My first spinny medal!

I’ll be back with a recap as soon as my brain is a little less scrambled. Oh and MarathonFoto already got some of the pictures up and I loved this one of my final push to the finish so much that I had to buy it immediately:

275883_193811631_Medium

I hope that everyone else who raced this weekend or just went for a nice long run had a wonderful time.

Do you have any spinning medals? Any new favorite recent race pictures?

40 thoughts on “I’m back from the shore!

1. afastpacedlife says:

Hugs! Even though it didn’t turn out as you had originally hoped, I know you gave it your all. That photo of you in your last push looks great. You’re still amazing. I still can’t wait to read the race report because I want to be there with you in spirit. Hope you and your family had a great time at the shore.

2. Karen @ runningfifty says:

Hurray! You made it! That is a terrific photo! I got a spinning medal at the Houston Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon in February. Aren’t they fun?

3. FLRunnerBoy says:

The fact that you finished Salt makes you a total winner in my book especially the recent rough patch you’ve battled through to even make it to the race. I’m so proud of you and inspired by you for that. Most would have quit but you didn’t you tough cookie 🙂 and meet Charissa … that’s a double win. My most recent favorite race photo is my current avi 🙂

4. allisonfiorini says:

I can’t wait to hear all about your race!! I am so excited that you had a good experience. That race is a good one!! Also, good choice on the outfit – you looked great! Now enjoy that recovery and rest up!! GREAT JOB!!!!

5. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

So proud of you for finishing the race. You look so strong in that picture, despite the challenges the race threw at you! Enjoy resting up and recovering!
    I have one spinny medal from a race I did in Baltimore last year. Corrigan Sports makes awesome medals! I have a couple race pictures from yesterday that are pretty great. I can’t wait to see the ones my mom took!

Welcome back!! you’re still my running she-ro no matter what. Awesome medal – I’m jealous – I want a spinny one… can’t wait to hear more about it! That is a great pic of you.

Ooo, spinny medal! I don’t have any yet. I’m glad you had a good weekend even though the race didn’t work out the way you wanted. I can’t wait to hear all about it!

8. Run Colby Run says:

You made it!!! I’m so proud of you!!! And you also managed to look BEAUTIFUL at the finish. Which beats a PR in my book any day. 😉 I do have a “spinny” medal! The Diva Half Marathon Medal. That shit is JAZZY. So proud Salt! xoxooxoxoox

9. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

Looking forward to your recap.!! Sorry it didn’t go as planned though. I would say worth the metal.!! My first half marathon had a spinning metal. I love it.!

One thing I’ve learned during these past few years of running is that a finish can never be taken for granted. And you completed 26.2 miles, which is no small accomplishment. Congrats!! Looking forward to reading the full race recap 🙂

My first MCM medal was a spinny medal and I love it 🙂 That’s a great photo they captured, you look amazing as usual 🙂

12. Fallon @ Slacker Runner says:

Congrats on the race finish, you look awesome in that pic! No spinning medals for me but I am pretty attached to the barb I picked up on Sunday. I am afraid of what the pics will look like though. 😦 Congrats again on your race!

Woohoo!! That picture is pure awesome!! I didn’t see any of mine yet hmph.
    And I LOVED meeting you in person. It was epic ❤

14. Jennifer says:

Congrats Lauren! You look great in that photo – I’ll be rocking that headband for St. Michaels. That medal is huge! Hope you and your fam don’t have to head downtown for a bit… looks a bit nuts out there!

Congrats on finishing! I love that photo, you look so strong in it 🙂 I don’t have a spinning medal yet but it’s something to look forward to at some point.

16. Change of Pace says:

So happy you made it when you weren’t sure if you would, that you made new running friends, and that you look fantastic and STRONG in your race photo!
    Looking forward to hearing about it!

17. Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor says:

Congratulations! I love that medal, even if it didn’t spin it’s really cool looking. Sorry the race didn’t go as planned 😦 Your pic is awesome though – you have great running form 🙂