Salty Bones {Wednesday in a Few Words}

Hey everybody! I’m a skeleton!

xray

I’ve never been given a copy of my x-rays after a doctor visit before! Obviously the first thing I should do is post them on the Internet. Right?

Anyway, I’m fascinated by this kind of thing. This all looks fine apparently. Next step is a (yet unscheduled) MRI because whatever my problem is is soft-tissue related. I knew that already so getting an x-ray was kind of pointless, but I guess it’s nice to know that my arm is still attached to my body and that I still have bones and everything.

Thank you to everyone for the supportive comments that you’ve been leaving on my blog! I’m still feeling very, very sore, but I dare say better than last week. This week there has been some treadmilling, some cutting down of training plan daily mileage, some taking it easy and NO CROSS TRAINING unless you count gentle stretching. I miss yoga, barre, spin, and getting crazy on a surfboard, but I just can’t right now. Child’s pose is my BFF.

Also I’ve been picked to do a couple of book reviews. The first one?

FullSizeRender

Perfect timing. I need all the help I can get.

Have you ever gotten any take-home x-rays? What were they of? Have you read this book before?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

35 thoughts on “Salty Bones {Wednesday in a Few Words}

1. aliceruns says:

I have my mammograms in digital form and I am actually considering framing them and putting them up on the wall. I also have some brain MRI pictures of mine, which are kind of cool, too. I love looking at the human body from the inside.

Cool! I’ve never gotten a take-home x-ray before. In fact, last time I got them (my foot), I didn’t even get to see them and was bummed. Wishing you continued improvement on the shoulder!

Fingers crossed for your MRI. It is crazy when you have an upper body injury to realize just how often you use one part of your body that aches so much. And of course it usually involves all of the things you love to do!

That looks like a book any runner should have. Let me know how it is!

Glad you’re feeling a little better. The only x-ray that I have of me is from when I was a wee lass and had my pelvis x-rayed to see if the hip sockets had formed yet. It’s kinda cute to see the outline of my plump little legs.

5. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

So cool anout your xrays.! I’ve never even had xrays done on me. I’m a super cautious person and have never even broken anything. lol
    hope you get that MRI soon.! 🙂

OH NO! What had happened? I need to catch up on your blog! I’ve been out of pocket the last week or so. I hope you’re OK! I’m glad the arm bone still connects to the shoulder bone!

I have MRI’s of my C-spine sitting in my closet 🙂 Hope that arm is feeling better soon! Rest up!

8. Fancy, Frugal & Fit says:

What happened to your shoulder? A months ago I found out I had a rotator cuff injury; icing it and doing PT everyday really helped but for a good 6 months I couldn’t lift any weights. I hope you feel better soon and have a swift recovery!

9. Alanna says:

I had the pictures from my shoulder MRI for a long time. I finally got rid of them after my surgery when I realized that my shoulder wouldn’t look the same. They’re fun to look at. I hope your MRI goes well and that they can figure out what the problem is for you! In the meantime, I’m glad that your arm is still attached to your body. : )

10. Meg says:

I think the only time I have ever had an x-ray (other than dental) was when I went to the chiropractor the first time… and no, I did not get to take those home. I do, however, have some pictures of my insides when I had a laparoscopic surgery. I don’t really like to look back and reminisce, though.

I hope your book is a good read! Let us know! I also hope you get some answers soon and heal up quickly!

11. Elizabeth says:

I’ve never gotten a take home x-ray, at least I don’t think so. It would have been of my broken ankle when I was 17. I actually want to see if my parents got one now, it would be cool to look at, haha!

That book looks really interesting I’m interested to see what you think.

Good luck on your recovery!

Yup! I slipped on black ice years ago and fractured a bone in my foot. I got the x-rays as I had to take them to a podiatrist later for PT. For some reason no one ever asked for them back! I have no idea where they are now 🙂 Hope you’re doing ok!! We are going need some froyo soon to help ease the pain 😉

13. klregan says:

I have a lot of X-rays of my ankle. All of them show nothing particularly exciting. When I had the MRI done, I was really hoping that it would be recognizable and interesting, and it just wasn’t! The doctor seemed to know what he was looking at, but it just looked pretty random to me.

14. the mile report says:

I haven’t read that book, but if you like it, I might read it. I’ve watched some of Dr. Metzl’s videos on RW.
    I’ve gotten xrays on my finger (smashed in softball), my foot (weird mysterious pain while running), and my knee (the story of my life in 2014). And maybe more? I’m an anxious person when it comes to body things. I usually ask for a copy to take home with me because I think that they’re so cool to look at!
    Get allll better soon!

I hope the MRI gives you answers that can help fix the issue! I don’t think I’ve ever received any take-home X-rays although had them taken after some knee issues in high school. That book looks like just the thing to read right now – looking forward to the review 🙂