Lucky.

There were a couple times this winter where we put on our boots to run around in the snow, but I can’t even remember the last time Betty and I spent an extended period of time outdoors.  The cold was way too raw for way too long.

Yesterday it was 60 degrees in the afternoon and I could not wait to abandon work for the day so I could go pick her up from school, eat a quick dinner and play outside for awhile.

I know I’ve mentioned this already, but eating is currently a challenge in our house. Not last night. She plowed through a plate of chicken nuggets, broccoli and watermelon because she knew if she did there would be an evening of popsicles, sidewalk chalk and a walk around the neighborhood in her future.

She just gets more and more fun as she gets older. This year I didn’t have to tell her every 30 seconds to stop chewing on the chalk. She decorated the walk with pictures of snakes (which I thought was funny considering that it was almost St. Patrick’s Day…she has no idea about that story though), flowers and her friends from school.

photo (4)

Then she asked if I would draw her a minion. I happily obliged.

photo 2 (4)

She loves minions just a little.

photo 5

“It’s Dave! I want to put my head on him!”

I drew balloons for her to color and then we pretended she was floating up into the sky…

photo 1 (2)

…and she had the idea to leave a happy little message for our neighbors to enjoy when they left the house for work the next morning.

photo 4 (1)

“Everyone is going to LOVE our drawings!”

Such a sweet girl. St. Patrick’s Day is seen as a lucky day by many and I certainly couldn’t feel any luckier if I tried.

What has you feeling lucky lately?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all!

36 thoughts on “Lucky.

So much love!!! I’m so glad the two of you got to enjoy the outdoors so much yesterday. I love all your drawings, but the minion most especially 😀 Those minions are so much fun. I bet Betty is excited about the movie coming out this summer!

2. Running Boston and Beyond says:

I LOVE THIS!!!! It’s going to be 80 here today then cool back down (I’m thrilled as of course, it’s all about ME and my marathon). Everyone is getting sunburned from the 10 minutes outside 🙂 Great pics, especially the balloon one! How cute!

You and Betty are too cute! Love the chalk pics and I’m glad to hear you got to spend some time outside. There’s nothing like a few hours of fresh air to make everything better 🙂

4. klregan says:

This is such a cute post! I love the drawings you left and your pictures are really wonderful. It’s always so nice to sit down and show gratitude for what you have. 🙂

5. FLRunnerBoy says:

Ummmm yeah Betty totally won the coolness award the moment she asked for a minion to be drawn ha lol! I love those things! 🙂

That balloon picture is so creative and cute! My sidewalk art has never looked like that. You’re definitely in the right profession, that’s for sure!So sweet of you two to leave a nice little message for your neighbors too 🙂 I feel lucky for family, friends both online and not :), and to be running healthy!

You ARE lucky! If we tried that in our neighborhood we would be reported to the homeowners association. The old people can’t handle the laughter of children for some reason.

Too cute!

8. alsoranagain says:

Betty is so adorable and sweet, and you are such a great mom! I love that series of pics.

I feel lucky that I’m healthy, have a roof over my head, have a good job, and have a healthy and loving family. Lest I sound too noble, I also feel lucky that I’m able to run again. 😉

She is seriously too cute! My boys love sidewalk chalk too and dinner is ALWAYS a battle in my house. The little one goes to bed most nights hungry!

10. kiwiyogirunner says:

This looks like such a fun day! Betty is so sweet. And I LOVE the minion!!! Great job!! I actually was out for my run today and there was a random minion that I got a photo with, it was beyond exciting and I totally thought of you and betty! 🙂