I took the leap. {prAna 30 Day Challenge Recap in photos}

There was a bit of confusion over the actual length of the prAna Take the Leap 30 Day Challenge which was advertised to run from February 2 until March 8. If you know anything about calendars that does not equal 30 days. You don’t need to be a math genius to figure it out. I even figured it out.

Day 30 was yesterday and the Challenge has come to an end. I’m a little sad it didn’t run all the way to my birthday like they originally said it would, but just because it’s over doesn’t mean I have to stop doing yoga! I plan on continuing on with #yogaeveryday for as long as my body will let me.

Anyway here’s a little of what I’ve been up to for the past month:

photo 1 (16) photo 2 (16) photo 3 (10)And my most favorite day was the one where Betty took over as challenge leader:

photo 5 (5)

My heart explodes with pride when I look at this photo. It’s everywhere…my phone, my work computer, on my desk. I could stare at it for hours. She’s so precious that I can barely process it. I can’t believe I’m going to have a 3 year old TOMORROW!!! I have quite a few awesome gifts all ready for her.

If anyone was interested in a little extra yoga-vation, here are some links to the Kick Asana Yoga Instructor Interview Series that I ran weekly while the Challenge was in full swing. So much inspiration from these ladies!

And speaking of awesome gifts  I HAVE A WINNER to announce! This lucky someone is going to be my Lily Trotters compression sock twin:

CONGRATULATIONS, ALANNA MARKLEY!!!!

I will be contacting you shortly to gather your details so I can send out your prize. I hope you love them!

Thank you to everyone who entered and to the ever-awesome Susan at Lily Trotters for providing me with such a fantastic socks. I have been doing a lot of laundry lately because I don’t like running without them!

I hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Wednesday!

70 thoughts on “I took the leap. {prAna 30 Day Challenge Recap in photos}

1. Jess @hellotofit says:

I didn’t expect to love the yoga challenge as much as I did – especially because I got to connect with you! 🙂 Happy early birthday to your little one! She is cute beyond words ❤

You are the sweetest!! I’m so glad to have met you through this challenge as well! You rock, lady. 🙂 And thank you for the birthday well-wishes for my girl too! ❤

Thank you so much. ❤ I hope that she will want to come to class with me when she gets older! I might have to do that series again sometime! I felt so motivated by all their words.

Your yoga poses are awesome and inspiring – you look so graceful! I hope to have at least some of that grace one day 🙂

3. alsoranagain says:

Great job on completing the Prana challenge! I am in total awe of your yoga skills and bendiness. I am the least flexible person on the planet, I swear.

And Betty is a doll! Happy birthday to her. 🙂

4. FLRunnerBoy says:

You did an amazing job with this challenge Salt!! And I was talking with PB’S & PR’S aka Amber the Runner and she thinks it sounds like an awesome idea to run Gasparilla soooo if you both made a trip out of it I’d totally been down to do the half mary with you both … just sayin’ lol 🙂

5. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

I loved seeing all your yoga pictures during your “month” you look so beautiful and strong in all of them! And that pic of B…it’s just too much, I LOVE it! I cannot believe she will be 3 tomorrow…I have been saying this all month as our March Mama’s are posting of their kiddos bdays, I remember when they were all these tiny little squishy newborns! Ahhh! Happy early birthday B!! xo

Me too!!! Gosh it seems like forever and yesterday ago all at the same time. I’m still so thankful for that Bump website. Without it we never would have met!! Thank you so much, wonderful friend! I’m just waiting for her to fall asleep so I can put together her present. Balloons are hidden in the office! I can’t wait to see her face in the morning!

I had a bunch of Insta-buddies doing yoga, and it was great seeing all of them carrying through the month! Of course, the B pic was priceless! Great job!

It was by far my fave fitness challenge ever. And Betty is by far my fave yogi ever. She has been doing a little yoga with me at home here and there, but she was so excited for me to take her picture. She’s been tree posing all over the house ever since!! Thank you! 🙂

7. Sher says:

Aw, Salt! Happy Birthday to Betty (and you soon too)! You have been such an inspiration as far as the yoga goes. Seeing your photos each day during this challenge has reminded me how much I’ve missed it and how good it felt to be a part of it.

8. Meg says:

Yay! Happy almost birthday to B! As always you are so inspiring. I am really looking forward to getting into some Yoga classes. I hope I can find a class that is Level: As Flexible as a Crowbar because I will need a lot of work!

Congratulations Alanna! I think I’ll have to order some Lily Trotters when the kickstarter is launched!

9. Alanna says:

Yay! I’m so excited! Today is actually my birthday so I’m thrilled to wake up and find out that I won those socks! Perfect gift! Your daughter is adorable and happy birthday to her as well!

YOu are such an inspiration! I enjoyed following you along all month! I must say I slacked off at the end, I knew there was a reason I don’t do challenges and that is the reason. My attention span doesn’t run that long 😉

11. Running Boston and Beyond says:

Would you be at all offended if I did a post that showed you doing your poses and then me “doing your poses”? I think it would be so freaking hilarious, totally making me look stupid, but I do stupid things to make others laugh and not feel bad about being as inflexible as a board.

12. Tricia Johnson says:

Look at you go girl! Those are some impressive poses! I need to step up my yoga game so I can start getting into some of these too!

13. thesimplepeach says:

I love this! You look great girl! I usually use yoga to stretch out, but might consider trying to incorporate it in other ways. You’re an inspiration 🙂

14. bjcjapan says:

Holy smokes you’re flexible! Very impressive – congrats! I usually go to yoga once a week – and cannot do quite the poses you do! I’m inspired! I shall also be following you on social media! 🙂

15. Tina Muir says:

You did amazing! I wish I took the leap, I was very jealous, and kinda mad at myself that I didnt. Loved your recap of poses! Hope Betty had a wonderful birthday, I am sure she did with such a lovely mummy! Keep up the good work, you are inspiring to the rest of us 🙂

Thank you Tina!! You are the sweetest! We ended up having a snow day (I’m sure you saw a lot of that where you are too!) and it really was the most wonderful day even though we were trapped in the house. 😀 I am so inspired by YOU!