So much class. {ClassPass Recap}

On last Thursday came the conclusion of my free month of ClassPass and I’m sure people thousands of miles away could hear the sound of my heart breaking into a million pieces.

2be9586

Dramatic no doubt, but I love me some ClassPass.

During that month I was determined to get as much usage out of my ClassPass as possible. This can be quite the tall order when you’re at the office 50 hours a week and have a three year old at home. But I worked it out. Let’s recap…

From January 26  until February 26 I attended  13 CLASSES. Woah. Mind you I was also on vacation for several days.

I never had trouble finding classes that fit in with my busy schedule, such as the ones at Barre that happened at 6am before heading off to work. If I had attended all of these classes on a drop-in rate the grand total would probably have been somewhere around $250. Yikes. Since I started I’ve noticed that more places seem to have signed on which I’m really excited about. More opportunities to try new things!

So yeah. I’d say that $99 is a pretty fair price to pay for unlimited access to an ever-growing list of studios which is why Mr. Salt decided he was going to surprise me with a renewed my ClassPass for my upcoming birthday! I already told the world what a sweetheart he is in my post last Friday, but I think this just further seals the deal. ClassPass makes a great gift.

Maybe one day I’ll actually be able to use my new month of it. My first attempt at booking a class this week was iced out. With more ice today. If it holds off  I’ll be heading over to BeachFit Baltimore for some kind of workout involving a surfboard which has to be easier than a pole, right? If it doesn’t I guess I’ll be getting myself some ice skates.

Have you tried ClassPass? If so what is the favorite class you attended?

Today also marks the final day of the prAna #TaketheLeap Challenge and I want to thank everyone for their support and participation over the last 30 days! I’m still going to continue with yoga every day (I just promise to not clog up all your Instagrams with it).

Obviously the best way to end any practice is in savasana.photo

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! My Lily Trotters giveaway ends TONIGHT so if you haven’t entered already and you want to, you can do so here.

57 thoughts on “So much class. {ClassPass Recap}

I haven’t tried Class Pass – it’s not offered in MKE that I know of – but it sounds wonderful. I love group exercise classes and trying all the new classes would be so much fun!

Hope you get to take the surfboard class – that sounds awesome!

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it there. Soooo much ice this afternoon. 😦 But I signed up to try again for next week so hopefully the weather will cooperate!

I did hear your heart breaking from 1000 miles away, so thought I’d come by to check on you! Never heard of class pass, but sounds like a good deal. Good luck with your ice – please please please get video of you skating! 😉

Hahaha you’re a good friend. 🙂
      So the class was a no-go and so much ice that I didn’t even get to the skate store. I almost did bust my butt in the parking lot while trying to scrape off my car though. Skates definitely would have been helpful!

3. Shawna says:

i remember when ClassPass first started as Classivity, and my old roommate signed up and was trying to get me to do it…and now it’s totally blown up and taking NYC by storm as well. i definitely would like to try it one month, but it’s so convenient for me to work out right in my apartment gym and run outside, so i have to find the motivation to change that up! PS love your yoga poses! been following on Insta, and you’re amazing.

When I first heard of it I was like…oh no way because I have the gym and all those classes there. And now I’m totally roped in! This is such a tough time to have it though. The weather just won’t cooperate! So far I’m 0-2 on classes this week. :-\ Hopefully tomorrow night will work out!
      Thank you so much, lady!

4. klregan says:

I wish they had something like that where I live. Class Pass sounds pretty awesome, and I would totally get a ton out of it.

I really like that you ended your challenge in savasana. 🙂

They totally sucked me in with that one month free haha.
      I wish I could take ALL THE CLASSES, but of course I also like to spend time with B and Mike works nights. So instead it’s take ALL THE 6AM CLASSES!!!

Wow, it looks like you really got a lot out of Class Pass! I’d love it if something like that happened near me, but I’m not sure I could afford it in combination with my gym membership, and I NEED access to a treadmill in the winter.

It’s definitely pricey when you combine the two and if my birthday didn’t happen to be right now then I probably wouldn’t be doing it again. I need that treadmill access too! (Obviously or I would have run exactly zero miles in the past two+ weeks.)

I love the idea of Class Pass and know so many people advantage of it. I am so impressed by all of the fun classes you were able to take. Perhaps next winter I will have to look into this when I can be more creative with my workouts.

I’m so thankful that it’s birthday time or else this probably wouldn’t be the case! Now if I could just get to a class! (More snow and ice this week UGH!) I hope you have had a wonderful Tuesday too!

7. faithrunningme says:

I have never tried ClassPass or heard of it until you. That sounds so fun to experience so many classes. I live in a somewhat small town that doesn’t offer a lot of classes.

Passing it around the blog world! I first heard of it from Mar and I’m so glad I did! I had no idea just how much Baltimore had to offer until trying this out.

8. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

So glad you loved your Class Pass, I really want to do it, but the times don’t work for my schedule, even the 6 am classes aren’t early enough for me to workout, get to work, shower and be in my office on time…BOO!! Anyone for a 4:30 am class? HAHA…maybe someday! I’m so glad Mr. Salt is going to renew for you, that is awesome and I can’t wait to hear about the surfing!

There are some 5:30s! 🙂 I would totally go to 4:30am classes with you. I have become such an early riser…I just like getting it done and out of the way!
      Unfortunately the surf board class didn’t pan out because we got an ice storm, but I’m going to try again for next week. Hopefully winter will finally stay away!

9. SuzLyfe (@suzlyfe) says:

I loved my time with class pass but it was also kind of freeing not to feel like I HAD to make it to a certain number of classes. Plus, I had some issues with getting good times and stuff like that. But it was great to try out new places!

I didn’t really feel that way when it was free, but I can already tell that it will probably end up feeling a little bit like that now that I’m actually paying for it haha. At least the times are working out so far!

You know what I’m wondering? How on earth do you find the time to do all these classes AND run? Seriously – you’re Superwoman! I don’t think Class Pass has made it to the suburbs of NYC yet, but even if it did, I think I’d have trouble trying to fit it into my schedule. Keep it up, superstar! 😀

11. Meg says:

Way to go Mr. Salt! He is the greatest! ClassPass sounds awesome! If things go as planned over the next couple of weeks I’ll be checking it out soon!

That is an awesome gift! Very cool that you can continue using class pass since I sounds like you got a lot of use out of it. I totally have to check out the list at some point and see if there are enough classes close to me to make it worth a try.

13. the mile report says:

that is a very impressive amount of classes, especially with your busy schedule. the last time I signed up for fitness classes was yoga last summer, and it was a struggle motivating myself to go twice a week. I don’t think I’m a class person, but maybe I just haven’t found my class yet!

I didn’t realize how many it was until I wrote this blog post and I’m kind of shocked at it too haha.
      There was no question as to whether or not I am a yoga class person, but I wasn’t sure about the others…yeah apparently I’m a class person. 🙂

14. Sher @ Broken From Fire says:

Wow, lady! How do you find the time for everything?! I just found out about ClassPass the other day and signed up to be put on “the list”, but I suspect I may have to wait for this one. The closest city that it listed was Portland, OR and that is a 4 hour drive from me! It’s too bad, but I am going to keep them in mind in case we ever move.

Sometimes I have no idea. I’m a little hyperactive so this kind of thing works well for me haha.
      Definitely keep it in mind and who knows…they may end up closer to you! As far as I know they are starting new ones all the time!

15. Eat Pray Run, DC says:

i liked class pass but it wasn’t really worth it for me because all i really wanna do is go to pure barre with a few other classes thrown in here and there 🙂 glad you loved it though! the concept is such a great idea!

There were alot of things I liked about ClassPass but overall I just don’t think its a good fit for me right now. I think part of the problem is the way Baltimore is set up, making it impossible to get to other areas of the city easily. Maybe Ill try it again at some point, possibly after I move and am closer to different studios. Glad you had a good experience and enjoy your next month of classes!

That’s definitely something I ran into today. The BeachFit class was downtown at 5:30 and I’m off before 5 so on any normal Tuesday I should have been fine getting down there. Bad weather? Forget it. I’m pretty lucky that a couple of my favorite places are really convenient to where I live and then to where I work so it all worked out.
      I really WANT to enjoy this new month! If it could stop snowing that would be great!

I’m so jealous of ClassPass! If I was still in Philly I’d be all over that. Actually JK, I’d still be addicted to Barre3 and going 5 times a week like a crazy person. I miss it! Considering the fact that Anchorage doesn’t have barre or spin studios, I’d say that ClassPass will never come here 😦

18. kiwiyogirunner says:

Wow good job on the 13 classes! I actually LOVE classes too, I used to do them all the time at my gym but now I am a uni student again I am forgoing the gym membership for youtube and running haha. Your yoga pics are gorgeous, I hope you keep them up! 🙂

So jealous of this class pass thing! My little guy will be going to school 5 days next fall, so maybe then I can try it out!