Yoga Challenge Check-in and Pretty New Jewelry!

23 days down and 12 more to go in the prAna Take the Leap 30 Day Challenge!

Wait a minute. Something about that math doesn’t quite add up does it? This Challenge began on February 2 and ends on March 8. (Otherwise known as my birthday. I like to be delusional  and pretend that prAna planned it that way. Yeah right.)

That’s not 30 days. It’s 35. Oh well. 5 more days of yoga; twist my arm.

If you follow my Instagram or Facebook thank you for still following my Instagram or Facebook after the enormous avalanche of yoga that has occurred there over the past several weeks. And thank you even more to the wonderful friends that have been humoring me  (Sue, MontanaSaraHelly, Sara, KristenLisaSuz, Reina, Wendy, Jess, MichelleAmy, and  Olena just to name a few)  and for all the kind comments and support. I’m having so much fun with this challenge! Here is a little collage I put together of some of my favorite days so far:

11014280_10152755065830028_8760672578838293064_n

Overall I’m feeling more limber, more balanced (that flying crow I posted yesterday was one of the best I’ve ever done), and a little more at peace with myself. My practice slacked a bit over the holidays and it feels so right to be back to class now multiple times a week. My hamstring is pleased.

In January I was contacted by the nicest woman named Karen. Karen and her daughter Kaitlin run an Etsy shop called Like Mother, Like Daughter and they make the most beautiful hand stamped jewelry. Making stamped jewelry is difficult. I love the look and personalization of it and years ago I wanted to try my hand at it. I have a metal stamping kit and everything.

Let me assure you that nothing I ever made looked anything like the pieces in their shop. They were all like the punchline to a joke. I should have kept them for laughs.

Anyway, Karen was wondering if I would be interested in reviewing a piece of jewelry for her and suggested something yoga inspired. With the prAna Challenge just about to start it was perfect timing! We decided on a simple, elegant charm stamped with an Om; a sacred mantra and one I’m sure most anyone who has ever attended a yoga class is familiar with.

Then the nicest package showed up on Friday.

10304784_957370277608709_6784693338143594161_n

The best mail goes straight to my Instagram.

As a designer myself, I am a sucker for pretty packaging and stationary. It was impeccable and made it quite clear how professional this mother-daughter team is. The necklace…well that speaks for itself. It was love at first sight. The charm is pewter and the chain is sterling. I’m very much a minimalist when it comes to my jewelry – as in…I rarely wear any at all – and I’ve hardly taken this necklace off since it arrived.

If you are much of a fan of hand stamped jewelry and gifts as I am, I encourage you to check out the Like Mother Like Daughter Jewelry Shop and their Facebook page.They have hundreds of pretty  things to look at and take custom orders as well. Betty has been so obsessed with wearing the Om that I might get her her own personalized necklace for her birthday. Which is next week.

OMG I’m going to have a 3 year old next week! Maybe one day she will want to have a business with me. That would be so awesome. (We won’t be stamping jewelry that’s for sure…unless she learns how.)

Are you participating in any challenges (yoga or otherwise) right now? Do you own any hand stamped or personalized jewelry? What is it?

I was generously provided with this beautiful necklace for review. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.

43 thoughts on “Yoga Challenge Check-in and Pretty New Jewelry!

1. aliceruns says:

It is not as much as personalised, as it is personal and unique: I have a round pendant that used to be my grandmothers which is made of leather with hand-painted flowers on it. Even though not gold or silver or precious stones, it is a beautiful one-of-a-kind item which I treasure greatly.

2. Sass N' Dash says:

I am doing the 30 days of yoga challenge via the youtube channel ‘yoga with adrienne’ -she is super funny. I have really enjoyed it thus far. I have even been able to recruit my boyfriend to do a few of the videos with me. 🙂

That necklace really is gorgeous. i’m like you–total sucker for good packaging to go along with the gorgeous product. I love all the yoga discussion that has been around the blog world of late–and especially your GORGEOUS poses!

I have loved yours too and your clinic series has been fantastic! I’m so thrilled with prAna and the SweatPink community for putting this together. I have met so many cool people because of it too!

I have a tough time following through with challenges, but I’ve really been enjoying your daily Instagram posts! I don’t have any stamped jewelry, but I’ve been considering something like a Mantra Band. I just can’t seem to find the right one for me.

Thank you, friend! They definitely aren’t for everyone. I have a tough time with challenges too, but because it’s yoga I’m like a fish in water. I love the idea of a mantra band! I want to see a picture whenever you get it. 🙂

5. klregan says:

I love seeing all of your yoga photos. You have such a beautiful practice!

I am always doing some sort of personal yoga challenge. I usually just pick a posture and do it every day for a month and then move to another one. Right now I am working on some inversions.

Thank you, lady! And you do as well! I had never really thought to do a challenge before now, but I think I’m going to keep going with it. I feel so much more centered doing yoga every day. 🙂

I LOVE inversions!!! They always help me with stress!

I love your yoga poses. You amaze me. The other day I was on Facebook and Rock walked by as I was scrolling through one of your awesome yoga pics. He asked who it was and was totally impressed. As am I!

Thank you, my friend! Yoga is one of the few things in life that I feel I’m consistently good at. It makes me feel calm and graceful. Nothing else does! Haha tell Rock I said thank you too! 😀

7. Jessica says:

You look awesome in those yoga poses.! wow. I’ve been thinking about trying yoga out for my first time..
    awe.! our daughters birthday’s are like less than a week apart. well my little one is turning 2.lol. but that’s sweet 🙂 you getting all into planning mode.?!

Thank you, lady! You should definitely try it. It’s wonderful. 🙂
      Happy birthday to your girl! March babies are the best. We aren’t really doing anything too crazy this year, but it will be a mommy/daughter day next Saturday and maybe getting some of her friends together for lunch. We just got back from Disney so we didn’t want to go too nuts with it.

• Jessica says:

Awe. Mommy daughter days are the best.! 🙂 and thanks.! She actually just barely missed the match due date and arrived on February 28th. Lol happy Birthday to your little girl also 🙂

8. gaeaphilia says:

Wow, the necklace is beautiful! I never realized stamping jewelry is so hard. My sister makes jewelry on occasion and will mail me pieces for my birthday and Christmas, though she has never opened an Etsy shop. I was really inspired by your yoga challenge and have been trying to do some at home myself throughout the week. It’s been difficult, it has been almost ten years since I practiced regularly, but it has also felt really good. Eventually I want to start attending classes downtown at the local studio 🙂 Namaste 😉

9. Running4two says:

I am AMAZED at how awesome your postures are! They really are beautiful. After months and months of Bikram yoga, I was getting deep into the postures and finally feeling limber. I haven’t been in a while and I have lost so much flexibility.

Thank you so much. 🙂 You would probably be really shocked at your muscle memory if you go back to class. I took a loooong time away from Bikram and once I got through the warm up after my first class back, I was surprised at how much I was able to bend.

10. kiwiyogirunner says:

That yoga collage is gorgeous, I really want to make one now! You are inspiring 🙂 that om necklace is so pretty aswell, I saw a lovely om tattoo the other day but this would definitely be an easier way of getting my fix 🙂

11. theAccidentalCelt says:

Karens tend to be fantastic people 😉 Beauitful necklace, love the om. Also, I love the yoga collage. You should print it out and have it in your studio. love love love! Oh! and an early happy birthday to your wee girl ❤

I’ve loved following along on this challenge! You are definitely an inspiration! I’ve never had personalized or hand stamped jewelry…so cute!