Celebrity Sightings! Princesses, Mice, and More!

So I know many of you have seen these photos on Instagram or Facebook, but I feel that they also deserve their own post because they are some of the cutest I’ve ever seen. Yes I know I’m biased.

While we were at Disney, Betty got the opportunity to rub elbows with some very famous folks. Sometimes multiple versions of these folks, but luckily they were all the same to her (I think we saw at least three different Cinderellas). I was asked by a couple people on my personal Facebook if I had any tips on how to negotiate Disney with an almost-3 year old because she was clearly beside herself with excitement the whole time and really I only have two pieces of advice beyond the obvious “FastPass is your friend”:

1. Buy one of those cute little autograph books. They sell them pretty much everywhere you look. I’m so glad I thought to do this. By the end of the trip Betty was running up to the characters screaming “CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH!?” She still wants to look at it every day and asks about the signatures. The whole book is almost full!
  2. If you care about meeting Anna and Elsa and don’t enjoy waiting in line for a year and a half, make a FastPass reservation to see them as far in advance as possible. I did not know this and I wish I had. The passes were long sold out when we got there.

Oh and one more…if you have a little girl absolutely fill up your luggage with princess dresses. I promise you they will all get worn.

So without further ado, here are some of my favorite Betty CEleb sighting shots from our vacation:

photo 1 (14)

I was happy we could kick off our trip meeting the big cheese himself! Our first Epcot FastPass was a character meet up and I’m so glad we did this. As you can see, she is overjoyed to be standing with one of her heroes. She’s also having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction. Her Sophia dress is a little big on her.

During the Epcot meet up, we also got to meet Goofy who annoys me much less in person than he does on screen:

photo 2 (10)

photo 3 (7)

After we left Epcot we hopped the Monorail over to Magic Kingdom because it wasn’t quite bedtime yet. There we were able to get a good spot in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle. I didn’t know much about it, but Betty LOVES Belle despite the fact that she has never seen Beauty and the Beast. I don’t know where all this Belle adoration comes from, but it’s cute so I roll with it.

Anyway, before our meeting with Belle some of the kids in our group were assigned roles for a little play. Betty made the most impressive horse noise of all the children there and a star was born. One of my proudest mommy moments to date.

photo 2 (13)

The beginning of her acting career. Not the best photo, but you get the idea.

Then it was time to meet Belle herself! She was so sweet with Betty that it brought tears to my eyes. I was an emo mess for much of this trip actually.

photo 1 (12)

The next day we were at Hollywood Studios for much of the day where Betty’s favorite attraction was the Frozen sing-a-long. She knows most of the words to the songs from that movie and much like her mother, she’s extremely loud. I’m sure everyone sitting around us was highly entertained.

Then it rained. We Monorailed back to Magic Kingdom and to stay dry we decided to wait in line to meet a couple of princesses.

First up…Rapunzel:

photo 2 (11)

She is my personal favorite. She was so adorable and exactly like her movie character. I got a picture with her too because I am such a fangirl, but I won’t be sharing it here because due to the rain outside, I look like a drowned rat. As you can see, Betty is sporting a combination of Anna dress and Cinderella gown. She’s such a fashionista. As we were walking away, she told Rapunzel that she loved her. (And Rapunzel said “I love you more”. Which will probably only make sense if you have seen Tangled. Currently on repeat at my house.)

Next up…Cinderella. This meeting was my favorite of the whole trip. Betty literally threw herself into Cinderella’s arms and hugged her for like 5 minutes. I have it on video if any of you feel like having a good cry. It was so wonderful how each of them took their time to make my little girl smile.

photo 3 (8)

Cinderella complimented Betty on her dress. Betty told her that she got it from Target. Cinderella laughed her ass off.

The following morning we had breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and if you are planning a trip with a little kid, do not even think twice about reserving this breakfast. Just do it. The food was awesome and we got to hang out with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, AND Donald Duck. I think he was her favorite. When she saw him she announced, “Donald has a BIG BUTT!”

I didn’t take many still pics at this breakfast (all video), but this is my favorite. Betty-Elsa and Pluto! She’s so happy!

photo 4 (5)

After breakfast we braved the line to meet the REAL Elsa because this trip would not be complete without her. The line was long. Luckily awesome Nana does not mind waiting so she held our space while I took Betty on the Barnstormer coaster and got her a snack.

Finally it was our turn. Betty got so excited when she saw Elsa that she slipped and fell on her face. Elsa apologized and said that the floor tends to be icy around her all the time. I love how they are always in character!

Just a couple of Elsas comparing their outfits:

photo 5 (4)

And chatting like old friends:

photo 1 (13)

Anna was there too and she was too adorable! I wish I knew what they were talking about here. This conversation went on for quite awhile:

photo 2 (12)

There are soooo many more photos from this trip (like a whole phone full), but these are some of my favorite memories. I’m working on getting them all printed out and placed in the autograph book next to the signatures. I hope it will be something that she cherishes forever.

Also this post was only supposed to be like 5 words and then a bunch of pictures. I just can’t stop rambling when it comes to Betty!

Have you been to Disney and met any of the characters? Who was your favorite? Doesn’t my little princess make an adorable horse!?

63 thoughts on “Celebrity Sightings! Princesses, Mice, and More!

1. Annie at TheLittleGSP.com says:

Awesome trip and recap!! I love the photos of Betty chatting with the princesses. She’s adorable! My favorite line: “Cinderella complimented Betty on her dress. Betty told her that she got it from Target. Cinderella laughed her ass off.” Hahahaha!

I used to go to Disney every year with my grandparents when I was a kid. I have such great memories. You can just feel Betty’s excitement coming out from those pictures. What a great time!!

3. Debbie @ Deb Runs says:

I loved seeing pics of Betty and the princesses on IG. My favorite is the one where she’s leaning toward Belle – you can see just a little bit of shyness in the way Betty is holding her left hand to her face. 🙂

Hehe I’m so glad I wasn’t annoying everyone with my epic photo dump. 🙂 She did have a little bit of shyness and nervousness at first, but then she came right out of her shell!

Everything about this post is amazing! What a doll you have on your hands. I cannot wait til we have little ones to take to Disney. And the autographs?! Come on. You are such an awesome mom. Love it!

Thank you! She is the most special little person I have ever known. ❤ You are going to have the most magical time whenever you get a chance to go.

And that is the most beautiful compliment I could ever receive. Thank you so much, my friend!

5. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

I love all of these photos and thank you for posting all the details!!! Betty looks SO stinking cute in all of them. What a great experience!!! 1 – Goofy looks much less “hands on” when I met him, he felt up my mom’s booty when we were there.. talk about mortification on my part 😉 haha 2 – Do you think maybe Betty is smitten with Belle due to her having darker hair, much like you and Betty have (not bright blonde like Cinderella?) Either way Belle is lovely and I love how she’s hugging Betty, talk about a great moment captured!!!

I laughed really loud after seeing the sad kid in the background of the image of Betty with Pluto at breakfast… he’s so sad he’s not sitting where she is… bless him.

I LOVE that you all got such a personal experience with all the princesses!!! I know to Betty it’s like meeting a celebrity so that’s awesome! And the autograph book was a great idea! (I was 10 and I had a goofy hat with a big bill that was his mouth, and I had all the characters sign it).

What a great experience – so how soon will you be planning trip 2 with Betty?

GOOFY!! WTF?! Haha I’m glad he didn’t try to get fresh with me!
      That poor kid was stuck in the highchair the entire time we were there. His parents should have gotten him down! I wish we could go back tomorrow, but maybe early next year? My mom was talking about the fall, but vacations are so expensive.

I never been to Disney, but I can’t wait to take my future kids. I hope they are half as excited as Betty! And proud moment for me as well that Betty nailed a horse noise. It is a critical development moment 😀

7. Andrea says:

Ooook so now I totally want to do this in a few years when this baking baby is around three. G will be plenty old enough to ride most of the big rides too. This pretty much looked/looks like the best trip ever.

8. bobbyjessica2319 says:

awee. omg what a fun time your little girl had.!!! that is too cute. Doesn’t look like she was too young for the experience. when I tell people I want to take my 2 year old to disney, they usually say that I should wait till at least 5.. hmm. I call bs after seeing these pics.!! haha. but yess your little princess is adorable.!!

Don’t listen to those people! I heard the same thing and after going I think it might be the BEST time to take them. She believed in everything there and it was just the sweetest thing to see. Thank you so much!

9. Corinne says:

I was so excited for Betty all last week when you were posting pics on Instagram, and I’m excited all over again for her! What a great trip! I hope you’re able to go again before she reaches that age where Disney is suddenly not cool 😉

When I was her age, I actually lied 15 minutes away from Disney World. My grandparents and mom and aunt would all go there at least three times each week until my mom moved me to Atlanta. After that, trips became a semi-annual or annual thing, but that stopped in 1997 sadly 😦 I haven’t been back to Disney since 2009 and I cannot wait to go again. I don’t care how old you are, Disney is always awesome! I’ve been to so many character meet and greets, breakfasts, and other events (even a Disney cruise) that the list of those I’ve met is a bit ridiculous! But my favorite would probably be Donald Duck, when I was just about 3 years old. Donald came up to me while I was with my grandpa, who was talking to someone he knew, and led me behind one of the columns that was maybe three feet away. You could TOTALLY see Donald’s big butt and hear my little girl giggles, but my grandpa freaked out. He couldn’t find me and lost his shit. Donald realized what was going on and brought me back out, totally unharmed and giggling hysterically because I “tricked Papa really good!” My grandpa used to tell this story regularly whenever people would say he never got upset about anything.

and now I’m an emo mess. Seriously, I wanna hug Betty so much. This post was brilliant – even though I’ve seen your personal FB photos, thanks so much for sharing! I just love how little kids can elicit just the brightest responses over anything. I bet that was a remarkable experience you all had! and this–>> “And Miss Minnie Mouse! Mrs. Minnie Mouse? What is the relationship between her and Mickey anyway? Sister and brother? Husband and wife? My weird inquiring mind wants to know.” I mean for real though!

It’s high time that you met her so you can hug her in person! I know she would just love you! As I said…I meant for this to be a “wordless wednesday” type of thing, but I just can’t stop gushing over how cute and fun she was. It was the best time. ❤

I think this is my favorite blog post ever ever ever!!! It looks like Betty had a blast and I’m so glad she got to meet all her favorite characters. The people they hire at Disney really do the most spectacular job of staying in character! And I do not mind at all that you made this post longer because I loved reading about the stories behind each of the pictures 😀
    And of course, Betty’s dresses are the absolute best!

Thank you so much! It was one of my favorites ever to write. 😀
      It was so much fun for all of us (Betty, me, AND Nana!) and I loved how the characters were just exactly right. We did a dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming too and the stepsisters were there. Betty was afraid of one of them, but she was just SO spot on. HILARIOUS! She was one of my personal favorites from the whole trip. 🙂

EXACTLY! I’ve been trying to show her as many pictures and videos as possible to burn it into her brain haha. But it was definitely memories that will be some of my favorites for the rest of MY life!

12. breathedeeplyandsmile says:

SO adorable. I totally did the autograph book thing multiple times when I was younger. My sister is actually working there for a semester now so I’m planning on visiting in the spring. I love when the little girls wear princess dresses!

Ahhh that’s so cool! You are going to have the best time!
      I used to go to Disney all the time as a kid, but I guess that was before the princess dress rage? I never had nearly as many cool outfits as she does!

The autograph book is the cutest thing. I hope she keeps it forever. 🙂

I AM DYING!!!! I am not sure I ever want kids and my husband knows it. So he was staring at me like I grew a second head because I’m sitting here screaming over Betty and these princesses! That one of her and Elsa showing off their dresses is adorable!

14. littlegreenrunningshoes says:

Oh my gosh. Betty is too cute in her dresses. I hope we have atleast one sweet girl in our family some day so we can have princess memories like this. My heart is so full for your family Salt! I’m so glad you guys had a great time!

15. ambertherunner says:

Oh my gosh- the picture of Betty & Cinderella is TOO CUTE! Not that the others aren’t as well. I love that Elsa used the line about the ground being icy near her all the time, clever 🙂
    I remember getting an autograph book when I went to Disney as a kid- I couldn’t decide if Chip & Dale or Pluto were my favorite. I guess I can have mor than one.
    I’d never considered Mickey & Minnie’s relationship- I’d always assumed they were husband & wife, nothing else.
    So glad you guys had such a fantastic trip (esp in a nice warm state in the middle of this obnoxious winter…)

The video is even more insanely cute. They just hugged and hugged. She doesn’t even want to hug ME that much most days! I have old pictures of myself with Chip and Dale, but B wasn’t really too interested in meeting them. She adored Pluto though. It blows my mind how they sign autographs so well wearing those giant hands!

And yeah that weather…I tried to bring it back with me. Obviously didn’t work. Ugh.

16. michelle says:

Yay! Looks like you guys had the best time!! Loving the adorable princess pics and Elsa with the icy floor. . .haha, that is too much! I love how they just make everything so special. Like they’ve been waiting around all day for you and are so excited you’ve finally arrived. Sounds silly, but my face actually hurt from smiling so much after C met Mickey. And the autograph book with photos is a great idea – she definitely will treasure it!!!

That’s exactly how it felt. As we were waiting in line for Elsa and Anna, Betty said “Elsa is going to be SO EXCITED to see me!” Because that’s how they were all making her feel. And then Elsa was so excited to see her. 🙂 That does not sound silly AT ALL! I know just what you mean. Disney with the littles is just the happiest thing ever. ❤

17. Karen G. says:

Oh, how cute! I love that she was wearing two princess dresses at once! 😉
    The only time I have been to Disney was when we lived in Japan. I was in 6th grade and it was Tokyo Disney. I imagine that was a whole different sort of experience!!
    So glad you guys had an amazing time!! 🙂

18. Lindsay says:

I was hoping you would do a post on this after seeing your pictures!! I want to be best friends with Betty – falling flat on my face in front of Elsa is something I would do too. I waited in line for all the autographs when I went the first time (at 24….) and loved every second of it. I’m so glad you had such a great time! We took my niece (aka best friend’s daughter) to Sesame Place in Langhorne as a Christmas present this year and she was beside herself to see all the characters in real life though was afraid of Santa (or Claus as she calls him) Kids are so funny!

19. Karen says:

I can’t get over how cute these pictures are. Looks like Betty made some new friends 🙂
    I went to Disney when I was 12 and insisted on getting autographs & pictures…they were not cute

Betty is so adorable and it looks like she had the best time at Disney! Great pics and tips for traveling with a kid 🙂

I haven’t been to Disney since I was a kid and remember some of the characters but was mainly focused on the rides. I remember feeling like a big kid because my little brother cried the whole time we were at the Haunted Mansion and I didn’t shed a tear! 🙂

21. kiwiyogirunner says:

The pics of Betty and the princesses are beyond sweet! I’m not surprised it was an emotional trip!! I love that they are always in character like that, I would love to do that as a job 🙂 I used to work as a fairy at children’s birthday parties but this would be a whole new level 🙂