It’s back and this time there’s GLITTER! {The Color Run!}

I’m so pleased to announce that on May 23 Miss Betty and I will once again be representing Baltimore at the Happiest 5K on Earth! Betty still hasn’t stopped talked about our experience in November. Especially the part where they “threw way too much yellow” on her.

The Color Run: November 15, 2014

The Color Run: November 15, 2014

You can clearly see the “way too much yellow” all over both of us in that picture.

This time around The Color Run is presenting THE SHINE TOUR and if that makes you think of sparkles and people throwing glitter on you, you probably aren’t too far off base. There are tons of surprises in store for this year. You can kind of get a little bit of an idea by watching this helpful video.

The people wearing sunglasses in the video have the right idea because glitter in your eyeballs. Ow.

Along with the standard fun The Color Run fare of temporary tattoos, headbands, cool white tees, and {this time it’s SPARKLY!} color packets, it looks like they are doing BLING this year!

participantkit_2015_2

How cute is that!? Betty is going to lose her mind when she sees it!

I know you want to see Betty lose her mind at The Color Run. Now for a discounted price, you can! BALTIMORE2 is your special promo code at check out for $5 off your registration. It’s early and the price is still pretty low. Now is the best time to sign up and May is a much more pleasant time to run in Baltimore than November. (Not that November wasn’t fun. It was just chilly.)

We hope to see some of you there! Betty will entertain you with her awesome dance moves if we do.

Now on to Day 2 of the prAna #TaketheLeap 30 Day Challenge. Today’s installment: Utthita Parsvakonasana otherwise known as Extended Side Angle.

photo

I like to do mine with a bind because it’s a beautiful extra stretch in my shoulders. Also today I am yoga-modeling my brand new Phoebe top from prAna. Isn’t it gorgeous? You can have one too for 15% off with the code psps15RSR when you check out! I might need to take advantage of my own coupon code before this challenge is over.

I tagged 14 people on Instagram today to do side angle with me and some of them are my favorite bloggers: Sara, Hailey, Scott, Shawna, Michele, Kelly, Montana, and Jennifer! You guys don’t have to full bind it if you don’t want. That’s just my personal preference.Try a half. Or not at all. However you want to do it…it’s your practice.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. I’m still feeling MEGAbarre from yesterday and I have my first pole class after work! I’m sure I’ll be a professional by the end of the evening. Wait. Never mind.

Are you thinking of doing the Color Run this year? (PEER PRESSURE!) Have you ever taken a pole class? I hear it’s tough!

32 thoughts on “It’s back and this time there’s GLITTER! {The Color Run!}

Ohhh, glitter!! I’m not sure I could get in the bind, I will have to look up the modification!

2. afastpacedlife says:

Gorgeous top on an even more gorgeous blogger/yogi/runner. I love binds because of the good deep stretch they provide.

Betty is going to have so much fun at the Color Run. I love the idea of color runs, but I’m a little too much of a fuss-pot when it comes to getting stuff like that on me.

3. Kristen says:

OMG. Pending work related travel, I AM SO DOING THIS RUN!!!

PS. Your poses are awesome! Someday, I will force my tree trunks to be able to bend at my will like you can!

4. theAccidentalCelt says:

I did the color run a few years back. it was such a fantastic experience. Unfortunately this year the run is too close to the “big move” eek! I have, however, been doing my own 30 day challenge. My husband and I are doing our own version of a 30 day challenge. We are walking every night for an hour no matter the weather. It has been so much fun and, if i am being honest, a lot more sustained exercise than we have done in a long while. 🙂

5. FLRunnerBoy says:

Nice pose Salt!!! You know I’d sooooo do the color run if I were up there and I have never done one and have no plans to but a chance to see Betty’s dance moves …. ummm yeah it would be so on like donkey kong lol 😛 and I know I’ve said it a million time but I just love the cartoon Salt on your blog now haha! It just makes me smile, I think its the fist pump 😀

Yoga challenge is on! I may post this tomorrow morning after my yoga class and I’m already all stretched out, warmed up and ready to go.

Yeah color run ambassador! I’ll have my special announcement later this week. 😉

7. Karen G says:

The Color Run is a perfect race for a first time 5k-er, or to run with your kids! I ran one in Cincinnati a couple years ago with my sister, and it drove me a little crazy not racing for a time, but it was just what she needed for her first! I really need to look into running this one with my girls, they’d have a ball!

8. lazgirlruns says:

I love the bind from extended side angle pose! It was one of the first binds I learned and I felt awesome when I did it. I just saw this tag so give me a minute and ill post mine.

I’m not sure I will do the Color Run again…I had fun last year but I have a pretty packed racing schedule this year. Plus fall is the season of weddings for my friends so I have to fit those in too! I’m not even sure when the Color Run comes back to my area to be honest!

Yay to the Color Run! I just got an email that I’ll be running it here in Anchorage this summer and I can’t wait to write my post! Also, good luck on the pole class. I’ve always wanted to try one so you better post a recap!

10. Corinne says:

I’ve been talking my friends’ ears off about this year’s Color Run in Cbus. I signed up for VIP emails so I knew about many of the extra goodies back in November/December! I’m excited. Glitter AND color?! Hell yeah!

I’m sure you guys will have a blast again! Gotta love bling! I’m looking forward to the bling this weekend I”ll be getting.
    And whaaaaa? Thanks so much for the shout out! How did I miss the instagram tag?!?!?!?! I still don’t see it. Lemme go check again.

12. Elizabeth says:

OMG I need to do this run! I’ve never done the color run, and my plans to do it in the fall fell through unfortunately. I need to see if my friend will do it with me and then I’m all in!

13. nevie b. says:

ummmm whaaaat when i did baltimore color run there was no bling! nice upgrade! you can console miss betty that i got “too much blue” on me and i got arrested development jokes for the rest of the morning. also, YES that top is so cute!