30 Glorious Days of Yoga! {prAna #TaketheLeap Yoga Challenge}

4 days into the week and I’ve written 4 blog posts? It’s like I’m back to my old blogging self again! (Without all the complaining about being hurt!)

Anyway this stellar mail week that I’ve been having continued the other day with the news that I was selected to be a prAna #TaketheLeap 30 Days of Yoga Challenge Leader!

prana

I LOVE a challenge. Especially one involving yoga. What a fun way to celebrate my 7th Yoga-versary!

What does it all mean?

From February 2 (aka: the day that the furry forecaster in Pennsylvania will hopefully see nary a shadow and this awful winter will be cut short) until March 8 (aka: the day I get a year older) I will be getting my yoga on with a social media post featuring a new posture every day. I’ve already begun working on my list!

And here’s the even more fun part: I’ll be picking on some of you to join me.

I’ll be tagging people at random on Instagram and challenging them to do the pose-of-the-day with me! Together we can share yoga with the world!

Additionally throughout the 30 day challenge, I’ve come up with a fun little idea of my own…a Kick Asana Blog Series where I will be featuring an interview every Thursday in the month of February with 4 of my favorite yoga instructors. These ladies have been so inspirational to me in my yoga practice and I am excited to share some of their motivational words with all of you. Their classes are a must if you are ever in the Baltimore area!

photo

Do you do yoga? Do  you want to play along? Let me know in the comments (and if I don’t already follow you on Instagram, make sure to drop your username down there too and then we can all find each other!)

Happy Thursday and NAMASTE!

50 thoughts on “30 Glorious Days of Yoga! {prAna #TaketheLeap Yoga Challenge}

HUGE difference! I finally made it back to a hot class after awhile last night (I had been going to unheated ones or awhile) and I feel so much better after being in that heat! I need to stick with it.

1. klregan says:

Awesome idea, Salt! I can’t wait to hear about your favorite teachers. As you probably know from my blog, I am a yoga teacher and I love it. I wish more people practiced. I look forward to seeing your posts!

They have the CUTEST gear! (And as part of the Challenge they are sending me a tank! I’m so excited to get it!) I hope I can pull this off. Marathon training makes my muscles super tight. I’m hoping this will help with all that too!

2. Run Colby Run says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!! And I am THRILLED you’re back to your ol’ bloggin’ self!! I will be following along now that I’ve caught the yoga bug again! I hope it sticks! xoxoxo

I’m doing this toooo! Love prAna, love yoga, love salt. SO MUCH LOVE. I’m gonna modify it a little bit to jive with my challenge “issues” but I yay!

I figure I will be posting a whole lot of everything. I need enough material for 30 days! I’ve already informed Mr. Salt that he’s going to have to be my photographer for a lot of it. Oh and I’m VERY excited to be posting some of these from the Magic Kingdom!

I love that! I have always tried to practice at least a little bit daily. Sometimes I slack off, but I always feel so much better when I get at least a few minutes in.

Congrats! This is such a fun idea. I’m down for the challenge!! I actually just found out about a free yoga class at my studio so I’m about to start it up regularly again (and by that, I mean once a week lol…nothing too crazy). I’ve missed it!!

Fun! I love your idea for the interview series too. I definitely will play along 😀 I’ve been talking about getting back to yoga for months now but haven’t taken the leap yet (see what I did there?). I’m hoping to check out a class at my gym on Sunday mornings before rehearsals.

6. Rebecca Jo says:

I’m trying to make one day a week for Yoga… I just am so ‘not bendable’ – I’m awful at it… but I want to be more flexible, so I’m working on it.
    Heading to follow you on Instagram.. I’m “RebeccaJoKnits” on there 🙂

7. aliceruns says:

I just started with yoga. Yesterday was my first class, and tomorrow will be another. I am super inflexible and weak, so it will be going slow and there is very few things I can actually do properly. But hey… at least there is room for improvement, right?

8. Kristin says:

Yoga yoga yoga is my life!! Going through yoga teacher training now!! Yoga has seriously changed my life. Love every single pose!! Yaaay!!! Such a fun challenge!!! XOXO

9. suzmommy says:

I would love to try this.
    As I travel so much right now alternating–3 weeks in Mexico, 2 weeks in the States for 6 months–I want the challenge of trying to commit to something other than my lovely treadmill.

I need the discipline as well as the correct directions. The constant changes in air pressure, altitude and climate can take a real toll on my body.
    So, I am up to try this!

10. Jenn says:

we totally share a birthday!! So I’m going to try this 30 day Yoga challenge with you, simply because I think it would be a great way to celebrate my up coming birthday to say I did yoga for 30 days!! Ok I might be only doing 29 days of Yoga…. since I’m starting a day later….