It’s a fitness dream come true! {ClassPass Baltimore!}

I think it was just a couple days ago when Mar posted something about using her ClassPass and I was jealous all over again. DC fitness fanatics have been able to enjoy their ClassPasses for a few months now while all of us a few miles north in Baltimore sat around sadly wishing that we had a ClassPass of our own.

Well guess what? NOW WE DO!

Baltimore

WELL, HELLO TO YOU, CLASSPASS!!!!
We are so happy you’ve arrived!

It seems like every time I’ve been thinking about something cool lately, it ends up showing up in my email. Maybe I need to start thinking harder about a million dollars.

For anyone who may not be familiar with what ClassPass is all about, it is a monthly subscription (between $79 and $99 per month depending on where you live) that gives you access to a seemingly endless variety of classes all around your city and beyond if you have the ClassPass Flex. Thousands of different fitness experiences could be at your fingertips.

With ClassPass you are allowed to visit the same participating studio three times in each monthly cycle and once it automatically renews, you get to start all over again. All reservations can be made on the ClassPass site (they even have an iPhone app!) and you can cancel any reservation without penalty just so long as it’s not any less than 24-hours in advance. There is no annual fee or long-term commitment like this awful rip-off gym I used to belong to a couple years ago. You can cancel at any time or can even put your membership on hold for the nominal fee of $19 a month, which saves you from a reactivation fee later if you want to come back. You still get to sign up for one class during your hold period and $19 is less than the price of a drop-in barre class around here. Totally worth it.

I have the extreme good fortune of being able to try out ClassPass for the next month and my head almost exploded when I logged in today and saw what it had to offer. I already have four classes on my schedule through next Tuesday night; two different yoga classes and two others— that would be MEGAbarre and Pole — that I’ve never attempted before.

Yes I’m taking a pole class and I’m probably a little too excited about it.

Due to being as awesome as it is, ClassPass usually has a waitlist which is not great for impatient people such as myself. Maybe YOU are impatient like me and really want to sign up for ClassPass right now. If that’s the case, I have just the thing  for you. THIS LINK will allow you cut in line, which is totally rude in real life, but all fair when it comes to ClassPasses. If you are from the Baltimore area, you will be thrilled to bits to see such favorites as Charm City Yoga (all locations), barre., Beachfit Baltimore, Bikram Yoga Mid Atlantic, Pop Physique, Ojas Wellness, Pure Barre, REV Cycle, and so many others on there. Classes open up for reservation a few days in advance and clearly I’ve had no trouble filling up my calendar.

If you sign up let me know and we can meet up for a class!

Has ClassPass come to your city yet? What would be one studio that you would visit over and over again?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

41 thoughts on “It’s a fitness dream come true! {ClassPass Baltimore!}

I wish I could do this, but the boys schedule is so unpredictable. When they are both i school full time, I’m all over this!

2. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

Girl, we only have two gyms in our area, and one practicing yoga studio, all the hayseeds here would be like… “Dah heck is a ClassPass, ya fancy yankee!” 😉

Seriously… we had 4 gyms… a month ago… now we only have 2.

I would LOVE this!!! What a great way to try different things, and NEVER get bored with a workout routine!

WTF where are all the gyms going!? That’s insane!
      I’m so excited to try out some classes that I’ve never had a chance to get to before. It can get so expensive dropping into different ones. My ClassPass has already pretty much paid for itself in the first week!

woot, woot and a wooooooooot!!! So happy you get to try it out. I love ClassPass (obviously or I wouldn’t have gotten the mega Salt shout out!) and was stoked when I saw it was now available in Baltimore.

I have actually taken a pole class (it was for a bachelorette party) and HOLY BALLS is that a workout! I was sore for days after. And it was actually very fun too. Enjoy!

Yes definitely! Let me know what you have coming up! I’m probably going to be doing a lot of early mornings because that’s how much schedule rolls. There definitely is a lot of barre and yoga, but those two things are my jam so I’m pretty cool with it. I do wish they had more strength training options though.

if I didn’t already have a gym membership I might have been all over this. What a great idea! I remember thinking about joining a now defunct cycling studio a few years ago but wanted variety so I went with the regular ole gym. I’d love to take a barre class though sometime.

I remember that studio! I realized it was there and got all excited about it and then right when I was about to sign up it was suddenly gone overnight. BOO. There are a couple cycling studios on the ClassPass that are a bit more of a drive, but I’m going to check them out!

You know our gym has barre for a fee? I’ve taken it once and it was a pretty good class. The lady teaching it was incredibly hyperactive.

I just took my favorite hot vinyasa class at CCY in Towson tonight. If you can make it up for Shino’s class on Wednesdays DO IT. She’s a phenomenal teacher! I’m looking forward to that MEGAbarre class on Monday. That thing looks like a medieval device of torture!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine says:

I’ll need to see if Shino teaches any classes at the CCY down here…since I go there regularly I am trying to go to some different places but I went to Sid on Tuesday and didn’t think it was as good as CCY (the room wasn’t really hot at all!) Are you going to the barre studio at Quarry Lake? I definitely want to try that out at some point!

6. Lily says:

ClassPass sounds awesome! I’ve been eyeing the one in LA for a while, but haven’t committed. I wish there were more group fitness-type classes near me; they’re all yoga pretty much. Which is not a bad thing! But all the super fun ones are across the city and not realistic for me to attend 😦

I’m lucky to have some great options really close by, but there are more that I want to try that would be much more of a hike. I do like how you can put it on hold if you commit to it though.

7. littlegreenrunningshoes says:

Oh Salt how fun! I can’t wait to hear all about your class experiences especially pole dance fitness. Crazy enough whenever folks hear that I am a dancer, they always ask if I know how to pole dance….. nope. I’m curious what the fitness class is like! Happy Thursday!

Milwaukee is a little behind fitness trends so we don’t have Class Pass yet. Hopefully it comes soon though – I adore group exercise classes!