All fours.

The other week one of my favoritest bloggers around, Hailey from Striding Strong, tagged me in one of those fun “all about me” posts that I love doing so much. Because obviously I would love anything that allows me to talk all about me.

me-gif

She also tagged Helly and Sara. And was tagged by Sun. I am pleased to be a part of this complete awesomefest.

In return I will be tagging: EVERYONE. I think I was only supposed to pick 4, but I love hearing more about other bloggers! (AKA: I’m very nosy.)

4 Names that People Call Me:

1. “Lauren.” This may come as a shock, but I have a real name. 🙂
2. “Salt.” Some people do feel more comfortable calling me Salt. That’s fine.
3. “Mommy.” Awwwww.
4. “Laurina Patina.” My uncle is kind of a weirdo.

4 Jobs I’ve Had:

1.  Art director.
2. Graphic designer.
3. Barista.That’s right…not only am I obsessed with coffee, but I’m VERY good at making it.
4. Dirty clothes handler at a dry cleaner. Absolutely as gross as it sounds. I used to have to tag peoples’ laundry. That lasted about two weeks.

4 Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once:

1) Frozen. (More like 730 times thanks to Betty.)
2) Billy Madison.
3) Mean Girls.
4) House of 1,000 Corpses.

I like to mix it up.

4 Books I’d Recommend:

1) I Love You Through and Through.
2) The Very Busy Spider.
3) Elmo Goes Trick or Treating.
4) Curious George and the Surprise Party.

I haven’t read an entire grown up person book in nearly three years.

4 Places I’ve Lived:

1) Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
2) Ventura, CA.
3) Los Angeles, CA.
4) Baltimore, MD.

4 Places I’ve Been:

1) Providenciales, Turks & Caicos.
2) Moab, UT.
3) Des Moines, IA.
4) Baker, CA. Home of the World’s Largest Thermometer. According to the World’s Largest Thermometer, it was 120 degrees when I was there. (June in the CA desert.)

4 Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:

1) Providenciales, Turks & Caicos.
2) Disney World. (JUST A COUPLE MORE WEEKS!)
3) Okay really I just want to be anywhere warmer than here….
4) See #3.

4 Things I Don’t Eat:

1) Bacon.
2) Mayonnaise.
3) Peanut butter.
4) Human flesh.

4 of My Favorite Foods:

1) Pretty much anything having to do with seafood.
2) Asparagus.
3) Mr. Salt’s chicken tortilla soup.
4) That bread with the olive oil they give you at Carrabba’s. Just keep the bread coming and nobody gets hurt. Please and thank you.

4 TV Shows I’ve Watched:

1) The Walking Dead.
2) True Blood.
3) Peppa Pig.
4) Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. (You said “watched”. Doesn’t mean I liked it.)

4 Things I’m Looking Forward to this Year:

1) BETTY. I can’t believe she’s going to be 3 soon!
2) Warm weather.
3) The NJ Marathon!
4) Fun times with family and friends and lots of running!

That was way more than 4 things. #sorrynotsorry

4 Things I’m Always Saying:

1) “Seriously?”
2) “Let’s go get frozen yogurt.”
3) “Get your finger out of your nose.”

and finally…

4) “This is the last pair of shoes. I promise.”

😉

Now it’s your turn!

Happy Hump Day, wonderful people!

67 thoughts on “All fours.

Um what about #mamasalt? Hellloooo
    Come and make me coffee and we shall get froyo and life with be magical. also bring the chicken tortilla soup. Please and thank you.

And of course #mamasalt!!
      You are welcome to come over for tortilla soup anytime. I just ate about a gallon of it and there are still two huge things of it in the fridge. Soup for a year.

I know I’m a total weirdo. Everyone looks at me like I’m nuts when I say I hate bacon.
      Did you see we are supposed to get more Friday night!? I REALLY don’t want to have to run 12 miles on the treadmill!!

YES! We just got our magic bracelets today! We are going from Feb 7 – Feb 11. Best Christmas gift ever from Betty’s Nana. (My mom.) That’s so cool you guys are going too! OMG he is going to LOVE it!

I definitely have enough left over! I ate like a gallon of it for dinner and still have two huge containers in the fridge. I guess I know what I’m having for lunch and dinner tomorrow!

2. Lauren @ ihadabiglunch says:

Hahaha way to slip that “human flesh” comment in there. I winced haha. But mayo is pretty much just as gross so I’m with you on that one.

I want to live in LA! Is it a good place to live? People are so polarized by that question — some people love it, some hate it. I need a knowledgable opinion!

I might sooner eat human flesh than mayo. 🙂
      Honestly…LA was okay. It was not a good place for someone like me to live. I had a really cool job and got to do a lot of fun things, but people there are very superficial. I always say that if I had moved to San Diego I would have stayed on the west coast way longer.

3. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

I love that you chose all children’s books. That’ll be me soon since I’ll be doing Early Intervention in clinic this semester (Froggy. I will be reading many Froggy books). Working at a dry cleaners sounds awful. Thank goodness you don’t have to work there any more!
    I would say 4 things I don’t eat are: eggs, fish (except crab, of course), soup, hot dogs!

Hahaha totally on purpose. 🙂
        It was really the most terrible job ever. Dirty clothes and on top of all that, it was in the middle of the summer and there was no air conditioning. It was boiling hot in there all the time. I would just sit in the back and sweat. Oh high school jobs.

haha I love your movie choices;) and you and Helly with the no PB! That surprised me! I’m definitely guilty of watching weird TLC shows too. Have you seen My Strange Addiction!? Yikes. I love The Little Couple though, I think their kids are so cute!!

I think that Helly and I might be the only two people on the planet that don’t like PB and also aren’t allergic to it. My Strange Addiction is INSANE!!! I have only seen one episode of it…something about a lady that ate cigarettes? Eeeeeehhhhwwwwwwww.
      I absolutely do love The Little Couple. They are such an adorable family! I’m so glad that Jen is doing so much better now.

5. alsoranagain says:

I love these! And I have to say that of all of the “all about me” posts I’ve read, yours is the only one that includes “Frozen” and “House of 1,000 Corpses” in the same list.

Since I have serious blogger’s block over the last couple of weeks, I’m going to interpret your “Now it’s your turn” as an open invitation to do this post on my own blog. 🙂

6. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

I almost shot water across the office when I read “human flesh” – love it! I’m doing this, because I feel like it, I’m having writers block (I think it’s permanent) and well, they are always fun! Thanks for sharing and tagging us all!!!

7. FLRunnerBoy says:

Ohhhhhh you don’t eat peanut butter …. ummmmm that’s a sin of EPIC proportions haha lol 😛 but you get back your cool points back by eating all things seafood but then again how can one live in Maryland and not love seafood lol 🙂 ummmmm “Seriously” that’s my word ha! I word comes with having a kid or kids lol 😛 How long ago did you live in t. Lauderdale?

I feel so badly for people from here that can’t eat seafood. I think I’d die.
      I was actually born in Ft. Lauderdale! I haven’t lived there since I was very, very young though. My grandparents were in Florida when I was growing up though and I used to go down to visit a couple times a year. Now I visit every February because my aunt has a condo!

Oh to be in warm weather right now… I love learning more about you! Thanks for sharing. I’m excited about NJ too because I will hopefully be ready to crush my half marathon PR for the third year in a row!!! And see you with an awesome epic marathon finish of course! 😀

• charissarunning says:

DEFINITELY!! I’ll probably do brunch at McLoone’s that afternoon. I’d definitely recommend it as a good celebration spot, but there’s plenty of other places for seafood on the pier there too!

I love the book “I love you through and through”!! One of my favs!! And I’m so glad to hear that you don’t like human flesh, that is quite a relief 😉

10. Elizabeth says:

Oh man, I am with you on wanting to be anywhere warmer than here. I am so over the cold weather! Also I’m surprised you lasted two weeks at that dirty clothes handler job, I think I would have lasted a day before I vomited, scrubbed my entire body clean and then quit!

I lived in Ventura from 2005-2007. I moved to live with a boyfriend (which didn’t work out) and after we broke up I moved down to LA. I don’t regret any of it though…living out there was such a great adventure!

It’s so funny…in my first trimester of pregnancy I went through a week or two period where I wanted peanut butter SO BADLY. Like this one day I went to the grocery store and actually bought a jar of it. It is the one and only jar of peanut butter I have ever purchased and I swear if anyone had stood in my way of it I would have mowed them over!

Lol – that is the most random list of movies – I love it 🙂 And no peanut butter?? Yum to tortilla soup – in fact, I’d like some right now 🙂

12. Shawna says:

haha this was fun to read. Mean Girls = YES, all the time. i also love Pitch Perfect and 10 Things I Hate About You! something people call me that isn’t my name: Shoshi/Shosh.