Wednesday in a Few Words: The little boost I needed.

…which is funny because I wore my Adidas Boosts yesterday when I did my speed work.

6×800 + .1 added onto the end of the last interval to make it a 5K. I did short active recovery intervals between each where I stopped my watch. I’m not trying to pretend that this happened with any recovery time factored in.

sub 20

It may not be the real thing, but this was so exciting for me. I could have literally passed out from the excitement…or from the fact that I pushed so hard for this. It’s a low mileage week for me – my long run on Saturday is only 6 miles – so I thought maybe I’d have a little bit of fun. THIS was fun.

I’ve never seen a “teen” on my watch when running 3 miles EVER. The last time I had a speed workout this good was here and it was basically the exact same thing except my recovery was shorter and more active this time.

This time my results were better. which means I’m getting stronger.

Sometimes I doubt myself and this was exactly the boost I needed.

Have you ever had an unexpected performance boost that renewed your confidence?

Happy Wednesday!

78 thoughts on “Wednesday in a Few Words: The little boost I needed.

I definitely have had that boost before (amazing time by the way!) but right now I need a boost in my confidence in my body’s ability to not get hurt. I just don’t feel like I can trust it right now…

I know that feeling way too well. 😦 I hope that everything clicks back into place soon. I have a feeling it will and until it does I will be sending lots of happy thoughts your way. ❤

One of the reasons I love you so much is that you always have confidence in me whenever I don’t have it in myself. Thank you for always being the best sole sister. ❤

2. FLRunnerBoy says:

Amazing work Salt!!! Never doubt yourself for 1 second missy you are a total BOSS and inspiring. That 19:59 is crazy fast, intervals or not and I’m glad it gave you a much deserved boost. I really can’t pinpoint the last time I had a similar confidence boosting run but they are great when they come and they are always unexpected and at just the right time!!! 🙂 Keep up the great work chica!!!

Oh nothing can make you feel back in the game and find a new burst of love for running like a boost! I had one a few weeks when I did a 10 miler and didn’t pay attention to pace just perceived exertion. When I got home and saw my splits I was shocked. I think we need these moments to realize that we have what it takes and are ready for that next level.

That is awesome! I love the feature of the garmin that tells you when you set a new record. My watch also tells me when I hit a new VO2 max except my HR monitor hasnt been working lately so i can’t see that. I remember when I was doing alot of hard tempo runs I was setting new 10k PRs in training and that was such a big confidence boost!

I love it too. The FR10 didn’t have a little picture of a medal either so I love this watch even more. 🙂

I love seeing your training pay off. Such a great feeling!

So speedy, lady!! Those are some awesome intervals!! I have no doubt that you will be able to pull off a sub-20 5k (non-intervals) in the near future as well 😀 Keep it up!

6. Shawna says:

woohooo for that Garmin boost! gosh, i wish everything in my life just gave me little “you’re absolutely killing it” updates and ego boosts…how fab would that be? 🙂 PS, girl — you’re seriously crushing the running. that 5K pace…dangggg.

Thank you so much! I really love them, but I need to get more used to them on the road. They are similar to my NB 1400s but I can definitely feel the road a lot more than in my other shoes. They are super light though and very comfortable.

I LOVE that! And hooray for another Adidas fan! Honestly they were so not on my radar when I first started looking at shoes, but I couldn’t pass up the deal I got on them. I’m glad I tried them out!

7. kilax says:

Woot woot! That is an AWESOME boost! Good job, speedy!

My overall pace has gone down a bit in the past few months and that has given me a boost 🙂

YAY MARATHON TRAINING! I’m rolling with Hal for now. I am kind of fusing together his novice 2 and intermediate plans. I wanted to go all intermediate, but 5 days of running per week intimidates me due to my history.

I really think you can’t go wrong with Hal.

• Anna @ Piper's Run says:

I’ve got Hal’s plan in front of me and going with Novice 1 for my first full – I think that’s a good start for me. I kinda thought about Novice 2 but unsure if I want to go that route. We’ll see…I might bounce back and forth like you.
        Hal’s great!

Niiiice. Way to go. Isn’t it fun to do some speed work…even though it hurts so much while doing it. It’s fun to feel fast from now and again. Pretty soon your 5k race time will be a teenager!

Yay!!! That’s a great time! I have no doubt that there will be a race with that time on your watch too. You just take out the recovery and add some race day adrenaline and some more speed workouts like this one! You my friend, are headed in a very good direction!:)

That would pretty much make my life. I never considered the teens as something I would ever see, so if I could even pull it off once in a race I don’t know what I would do with myself. Thank you so much, friend! ❤