#nuunlove {Team Nuun 2015!}

If you run (or bike, or hike, or do yoga, or climb mountains, or so on and so forth) you’ve probably heard of Nuun. In recent months Nuun has become my hydration method of choice for a variety of reasons. It all started out as a desperate attempt to drink more water. Try as I might, I am not good at staying hydrated because I think water is boring and I would much rather be drinking coffee. Enter the strawberry lemonade Nuun and I quickly became addicted to it. Then of course there are a ton of other flavors so I had to try some of those too (as of today, strawberry lemonade is still my favorite, especially if I let it sit for at least 10 minutes in ice cold water before drinking it). It’s rare that there is not a tube of Nuun in my gym bag or purse.

Currently I am out until I can get to the store tomorrow and you would have thought my life was over when I finished 6 miles this morning and I had to drink boring old blah water.

Some time ago I read that Nuun was opening their Ambassador program for 2015 so I quietly applied for it, crossing my fingers that I would be picked. Then yesterday the best email ever popped up in my inbox:

We are so happy to welcome you to the Nuun family! (SQUEEEEE!!!) You have been selected to represent Nuun in all of the amazing areas in which you live, work, play, and compete in. I hope you’re as excited as I am!

We have restructured our program a bit, and you have been selected as member of our competitive athletic team, Team Nuun.

As excited as she was!? My excitement level at that moment was borderline terrifying. My coworkers were afraid they would have to defibrillate me. I HAD BEEN CHOSEN!! And for a competitive athletic team?!? WTF is that!?

team nuun

Basically I will be promoting Nuun (no problem…I LOVE this stuff and I don’t care who knows it), notify them of races and my results, wear the logo in some form or another – temporary tattoo on my face? – when I race, and some other very cool details too. I am so honored, proud, excited, and a whole bunch of other really pleasant emotions about being part of the team. Nuun was already a big part of my fuel plan for Jersey and now I feel like the whole thing just got that much more special.

Have you tried Nuun? If so, what’s your favorite flavor? (I obviously recommend strawberry lemonade!)

61 thoughts on “#nuunlove {Team Nuun 2015!}

1. allisonfiorini says:

Oh my goodness! You and I are seriously twins. I LOVE Nuun – and I started drinking it for exactly the same reason you did! I would much rather walk around with a coffee allllll day long. I like the nuun tablets because the flavors are so fun and they have the perfect electrolyte balance to prepare for a workout, or for post workout nutrient replenishment. I am obsessed. At the Chicago Marathon expo, they had a booth set up with coolers of all of their flavors and little plastic shot glasses. I stood there and tried every single one! CONGRATS on your new gig. I’m not going to lie – as soon as I read your post I went to see if they were still accepting applications. I’m going to have to keep checking back on that one! So cool!

Thank you, Hydration Twin! 🙂 I am seriously embarrassed by how little water I used to drink. With all the working out I do I needed to be better hydrated and I was totally dropping the ball. That’s so fun that they had all their flavors set out at Chicago! I hope I’ll be able to participate with them at an expo this year. 🙂 I totally would have tried every single one too.

I love Nuun! In fact I have small group training classes at my place and the other night I made dinner for the girls after class. Someone asked as we sat down if I had an Nuun (I always bring it to their runs) and I opened up a giant drawer stocked full of it. They were amazed! Congrats on this and to get into the competitive program?! Heck yeah!

I want to come to dinner at your house! That’s awesome! I definitely went from drinking it just after a workout to drinking it pretty much all the time. It’s addictive. 🙂 Thank you, friend!

Thank you thank you! Honestly I’m still learning about it! I may end up with some guest blog opportunities and possibly hooking up with them at expos. And I get a discount which means BUY ALL THE NUUN. 🙂 And I’ll be pictured on their site which is really cool. 🙂

Congrats to you!!! That’s really exciting! I love Nuun and have been using it since my very first half marathon two years ago. I think my favorite flavor is Tri-berry but I haven’t tried the Strawberry lemonade yet surprisingly. I probably should since you are raving about that flavor!

4. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

Congrats, Salt! It is so cool you were chosen for their competitive team – you are such a great choice for it since you seriously kick bootay 🙂
    I obviously love Nuun too and I’m totally addicted to it. My favorite flavor is the Cherry Limeade Nuun energy! I also love the Tangerine Lime Nuun All Day.

Congrats, that’s so cool! I love nuun and their lemonade flavors are my favorite. I don’t think I’ve tried the strawberry lemonade one yet, though. I’m going to have to look for that. I love that they’re so easily portable too.

I love that part too. Just throw it in your bag and go. As a designer, I love me some good package design and that tube is so convenient and never makes a mess! Thank you so much!

6. Change of Pace says:

So awesome- congratulations!!! I adore Nuun, and it was my drink of choice for the last three ironmans and training rounds. My fave flavour? Grape!!! Soooo good!
    Can’t wait to see you all Nuuned up at races!

7. Corinne says:

I have a trial packet sitting at home that I’ve never touched. I definitely need to give it a shot now! Also….really dumb question….how the heck is this pronounced?? I’m too chicken to ask someone in-person!

8. FLRunnerBoy says:

Sooooooo happy for you Salt!! And yes I also use Nuun as my go-to for hydration assistance 🙂 however, watermelon is my favorite flavor followed by strawberry-lemonade. I thought about applying for a 2015 ambassador position but I guess I missed that train 😦 oh well, they have an amazing chica representing them 🙂

Thanks, Lee!!! Watermelon is so good too and I typically don’t like watermelon things. 🙂 They review applications at the end of each year so you definitely have to do it next time! They would be lucky to have you! 😀

Thank you and congratulations to you too!!! Honestly I’m not really sure of the difference. Maybe a few promotional aspects like helping with things at events which would be super cool.

9. irishrunnerchick says:

Congratulations! That’s so awesome. I started off my marathon training using Nuun as fuel but found that it doesn’t sit so well in my stomach and I’m much better with just regular water – I might be the outlier? I do like it (NOT GRAPE) with plenty of ice right after a long run though.

10. Karen G says:

Yay! Congrats! Love this! And love Nuun too! I was over the moon when I got the email that I was part of the team! (Although, I also don’t REALLY know the difference between the ambassadors and the team members). 🙂 Either way, I’m still super excited!!

Yay! So glad you got picked! Yes competitive team…you gotta give yourself more credit! You’re just beginning to tap into your potential, 2015 is going to be an even more amazing year for you for running and racing, I think! I’ve only ever tried to tangerine lime…I think it was..and I have to be honest, I thought it was pretty gross haha, but I need to try some of that strawberry lemonade! That sounds super tasty!

You totally made my night. 🙂 Thank you so much for the lovely compliments and I really hope you’re right. Tangerine is not a flavor that I’m normally fond of so it hadn’t crossed my mind to try that one yet. I hope if you ever try another one you like it much better. 🙂

Congrats my friend! Well deserved!! And of course the competative team, you are amazeballs and I can’t wait to see you BQ in 2015!

I am so excited for you!!!! And kind of jealous that everyone is blogging about getting picked. How did I totally miss this? Like you, I add Nuun to my water to make it more interesting after long runs and Strawberry Lemonade seriously changed my life! Congrats on getting chosen and have fun reaping Nuun!