The obligatory Christmas list post.

ONE MORE WEEK until Christmas Eve, you guys! Can you even believe it? I feel like I blinked back in July and suddenly here we are.

I’m very pleased to announce that unlike last year where I procrastinated until the last possible moment, I have been mostly finished my shopping ever since the absolutely brilliant or absolutely moronic online purchase I made Saturday night between glasses of wine and baking racks and racks of cookies:

trampolineI’m leaning toward brilliant. You all know how that girl loves her some trampolines and I’m so tired of asking her to stop jumping on the couch, the chairs, the beds, etc. Slightly bummed about the 100lb weight limit, but you can’t win ’em all . (What sold me was that protective net around the outside because trampoline head trauma.) There’s also a talking minion, Hungry Hungry Hippos, kinetic sand that I know I’ll be kicking myself for buying when it ends up all over my floor, dress up clothes, and a couple other fun odds and ends stowed away in the depths of my walk-in closet ready to be wrapped up in Frozen wrapping paper. And extra batteries are purchased for everything that requires them because I am NOT going to have that mom fail again this year.

Anyway as a blogger, I feel it is my duty to discuss on here all the things that have made it on to my own personal wish list for 2014.

First and foremost I would love it if Santa would bring me back at least some semblance of my former sanity. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my job and am thankful that I get to be so creative every day. I have some seriously awesome, portfolio-building projects on my plate. BUT…I’m a little overwhelmed and so tired that I accidentally hit “publish” on here waaay before I was ready and I apologize if you got an email about an unfinished post. The past two weeks have been the busiest of my life and I would be looking forward to the weekend if I didn’t have to work then too. 4 days off next week will be a marvelous Christmas present. If that’s all I got, I would be thrilled.

As a bonus though, I’m pretty sure this gorgeous little piece of tech will be making its way under my tree:

new watch

I believe that Mr. Salt  – errrr I mean SANTA – picked this up for me. Mostly because we are both so busy getting things ready for Betty that there is zero mystery as to what we are getting each other anymore. When he asked me, I told him that this was the only thing I wanted. Okay scratch that. It’s really the only thing BESIDES SLEEP that I wanted. Normally and for obvious reasons I would say shoes, but I already got myself some amazing new shoes a couple weeks ago.

Although I guess there’s always room for more shoes, am I right?

My other gift to myself? MARATHON TRAINING! I start getting ready for Jersey on Monday and I’m actually going to be following a plan this time rather by flying my the seat of my pants like I did for the last one. It is my goal to do anything and everything I can to stay healthy and uninjured during this training cycle and the first step in that is listening to a professional. That professional just happens to be Hal Higdon. I’ll be using a hybrid of his Novice 2 and Intermediate plans because I’m injury-prone and the idea of consistent 5 days per week runs for the next 18 weeks? Freaks me right out.

Other than that, the holidays so far have been completely Betty-centered. So far she has visited three different Santas (and loved each and every one of them), has been finding her Elf on the Shelf every morning (I don’t have one of those elves that ruin my house though…his name is Wreck It Ralph, but he just hides and leaves her notes and little gifts), we’ve watched Polar Express about 40 times, and gone down to see the lights at 34th Street a few times, plus train gardens and cookie baking and cookie taste testing and on and on and on. I’ve always loved Christmas, but it just gets more and more special as she grows up.

DSC_0004-small

Seriously, kid!? COULD YOU BE ANY MORE CUTE!?!?

How is everyone else’s holiday preparations going? Have you finished your shopping? What is on your Christmas wish list? Visited any good Santas lately?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

53 thoughts on “The obligatory Christmas list post.

1. Annie at TheLittleGSP.com says:

First of all, that is a fantastic photo of Betty with Santa!! Her smile is so cute!
    Secondly… Garmin Forerunner 220!!!! I just got the red & black one for my birthday and I love it. It’s my first Garmin and it is sleek, beautiful and easy to use. The screen is really nice. That’s a GREAT christmas present, enjoy it!!

Thank you! I think she was extra happy because she knew she would be getting a cookie after we left the North Pole. I’m so glad you love your new watch!! I am looking forward to the longer battery life on my long runs this spring. 🙂

2. Anna @ Piper's Run says:

We don’t surprise each other with presents, it’s “what do you want” and that’s what you get! Christmas with little ones is all about them and it’s SO MUCH FUN! I’m just happy to have my family together and have a little something under the tree. You can’t go wrong with Hal’s programs! I’m 98% done my Christmas shopping and planning to do some baking tonight since I’m on the injured list this week 😦 I’ve asked Sai…opps Santa for new winter running pants….kinda important to have 😉
    PS I love that Garmin – it’s on my someday wishlist!

3. Change of Pace says:

I adore Betty’s pictures with Santa- SO precious and happy!
    I looked for a mini trampoline for my niece but couldn’t find any that would suit someone her age and still be safe. I bet Betty’ll love it!

Before I started looking I had no idea how many different kinds there were. This was the only one I found that seems a little more bouncy while still being safe.
      I hope you have an amazing holiday, friend!

In answer to your question, Betty could absolutely not be any more cute! She’s way too adorable!!! I love that picture with Santa. And your Christmas gift idea for her – absolutely brilliant! She’s gonna be the happiest little girl in the world on Christmas 😀

My shopping is almost done. I did most of my shopping online on Cyber Monday and have since bought a few more things – ALL ONLINE. Seriously online shopping is so much easier. I hate crowded malls ugh.

Hehe thank you! She has always loved Santa…we’ve never had a picture with him where she is looking sad! I really hope she loves everything she’s about to get. She knows she has been nice listed this year. 😉

Nice job being ahead of the game! I did ALL my shopping online this year too. I can’t stand malls this time of year! (Or ever really.)

Thanks!! 😀 I am so freaking excited to have a new watch. I’ve been using a Forerunner 10 for the past year and a half and it’s great, but the battery life leaves a lot to be desired.

5. Nadia says:

Trampolines for Christmas are a hit! We did that last year and still gets so much use. One of her favorite games is Jump and Kick the Ball. We kick (or toss) one of those plastic/rubbery balls into the trampoline and she tries to catch it. Not a lot of down time for you but great bonding game that’ll tire her (both of you) out.

Honestly I had never even considered it and then the other night had a stroke of genius or insanity. 🙂 I am pretty sure she’s going to freak when she sees it! I hope you have the most amazing holiday too, my friend!!

Betty is totes adorbs! If that smile doesn’t say “I love Santa” nothing does. Hanukkah started last night, so my shopping was finished up a long time ago. On my list? Nothing, I had purchased the B3 entry and got my sweet birthday gift, so didn’t ask for anything. Hanukkah Harry did think I needed a Sephora gift card, so I did get a little something.

That is a sweet Garmin. I wanted that one when I got my 110, but thought it too much at the time. Nice upgrade!

We totally need to get down to 34th Street to see the lights. Is it busy during the week?

Hanukkah Harry knows where all the good stuff is…I love Sephora! You are going to have so much fun doing B3! I feel like the universe is trying to force me to sign up for it with all these emails I’ve been getting, but I’m still undecided. At the very least I am most def in for Chuck again.

It’s never too bad during the week! We went last Thursday and got a prime parking spot right at the end of the road!

7. aladygoeswest says:

Hi Salt! I didn’t post a Christmas wish list at all and didn’t even provide one to my family this year. We’re keeping it simple. But of course, some fitness-related items would be on there. Your little one is very cute. I’m all done with shopping. By the way, this is my first time stopping by to say hello! Happy Wednesday:)

Thank you so much! I feel like things get more and more simple in our house each year. We aren’t really exchanging gifts with family aside from homemade things at all. (Of course I’m sure my daughter will still get spoiled though!) Thank you so much for coming by! It’s good to “meet” you and I hope your Wednesday has been wonderful!

I just love her. She’s so freaking adorable. Her mom’s pretty gangsta too 😉 There is nothing on my Christmas list. I just want to enjoy being with my family and the spirit of the season. Oh, but I do need to get a new pair of shoes because … marathon. I want to get to 34th street!!

9. Running Boston and Beyond says:

We got my boys a BIG trampoline, one that I get to jump on too (I’ve wanted one since I was a kid so am going to be bouncing as best as I can with my mimosas over break). Can’t wait to hear how cute-as-the-cutest-button Betty likes it 🙂 And as for the rest of my list, it’s too long for the internet, so I just told my husband “triathlon and running stuff”. That’ll do. Right?

AHHHH CAN I COME OVER!? Mimosas on a trampoline sounds like what heaven would be like. 🙂

I think that will definitely do. I hope you get everything you want for Christmas!

That pic is absolutely adorable. And that trampoline? If I come to town I might have to invite myself over.

The watch looks sooo fun! And congrats on the marathon plan. I train my athletes on a very similar plan because I truly think Hal is where its at!

You are always welcome to come over for a trampoline party!
      I do love me some Hal. After the injury trainwreck before Potts I threw together the rest of my training based on Hal’s Novice 1 and even in its abbreviated form it was awesome! I am excited to actually train correctly this time.

That watch is on my list too! I love the Garmin I have, but the band broke a long time ago and I had to get a Velcro band for it and it drives me nuts because it rubs my wrist wrong. Shes so cute in that picture! And all the others haha

OMG a velcro band on my wrist would drive me insane! I hope you get your watch for Christmas!! ❤ And thank you! I can't believe we've actually made it through 3 years of Santa pics with no tears. She's such a cool kid. 🙂

I can’t believe I didn’t think to do a trampoline until so late in the game. Bouncing around on stuff is her favorite past time by far! It’s really okay about the job stuff…ultimately I love what I’m doing. It’s just the busiest I’ve ever been! In the end though I think a lot of good is going to come out of it! Thank you so much, friend!

12. Nancy T says:

Hi Salt! It’s my first time visiting your site. Nice to meet you! We are almost done preping for the holiday… Just 1 more gift left for family’s Kris Kringle and that should be it. Oh no… speaking of holiday preparation, I need to get the grocery list done for my husband to pick up the food tomorrow! Before everything closes for the holidays. 🙂 Chat soon!

Hi Nancy!! It’s so nice to meet you too and thank you for stopping by my blog! Just tonight I was thinking…oh crap this time next week is Christmas Day and my mom and I are both working pretty much non-stop until then. I might need to get my husband to stop by the store too! (Smart thinking!) I hope you have a wonderful holiday!