All day I dream about…sprints. {And a Sky Zone winner!}

When I first turned my attention to running, I didn’t think about Adidas as a shoe option at all. I had a cool pair of Adidas when I was in middle school and trying to pretend I could skateboard. That’s what they would always be associated with in my mind. Rather I jumped all over the Brooks bandwagon and then later regretted it because every pair of Brooks I have ever owned have destroyed my feet and/or legs.

Time went on and I realized more and more that Brooks were not for me, so I started to interview other brands. I ran my first marathon in Saucony Kinvara 4 and think they are great shoes, but will likely not get another pair. I have a love/hate relationship with the Waverider 17 because while I feel like a lead-foot when I wear them they were the only shoes I could run in when my injury issues were at their worst. Then I landed on New Balance and in my opinion they are the most underrated shoe brand out there. I have two pairs: my 890 that I like for mid-distance runs and easy runs, and my 1400 race flats that I received as part of my Fit Foodie Ambassadorship and I use for speed work. And then came my beloved Hoka Clifton because I needed all the help I could get with my right shin and knee and I believe they were instrumental in letting me run longer distances without pain.

As you can see I’ve been through a lot of shoes in the past not-even-two-years. So far I’ve been the biggest champion of New Balance and Hoka, but now just in time for Christmas I have a new pair to cheer about.

boosts

I’m not just cheering because of that FABULOUS robin’s egg blue color.

Meet my never-before-considered Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2. Like many others that are obsessed with running, I love reading about all things running and shoes and the things I have been reading about these particular shoes piqued my interest. Fast, light, and great for anything from a 5K to a marathon and as a fan of all distances I was itching to try on a shoe that could be used in any race situation.

So what was the problem?

The price tag. In most cases the Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2 retails for around $140. Which would be even more expensive than my Hoka and without the ridiculous REI return policy. With Christmas on the horizon and a little B to shop for there was just no way I could consider them.

That was until the other day when I was doing some shopping on Ebay for one aforementioned little B. (Elsa dress with wand and crown for $12…SCORE!)  On a whim, I typed these shoes into the search box along with my size and up popped an auction for robin’s egg blue Boosts that the seller advertised as worn only once. The current bid? $30 and the auction was soon to end. I was all over that like white on rice.

Anyway as you can see, I won. Merry Christmas to me! I got a pair of nearly-pristine Boosts for more than $100 less than I would have paid for them new and this morning I took them for their very first test drive; an easy 7 miles with lots of hills. So far? I’m in love.

These shoes feel very similar to my New Balance 1400s in terms of their low profile, but as much as I can feel ever bit of the ground under my feet, there is still this springy cushion that, although thin, kept my legs from feeling all ragged out at the end of my run. As far as the upper is concerned I can feel the 1400s a lot more when I have them on. The Boost construction fits my foot like a glove and they are so, so light. I think I may have found my new speed shoe of choice and one of my new favorite places to buy shoes. Thanks, Ebay!

I wasn’t the only winner this week though!

emilywinner

HEY EMILY GUESS WHAT!? You’re going to Sky Zone! I’ll be contacting you in a bit to get your info on how to get your tickets to you and I hope that when you go, you will give me a call! We would love to come bounce with you!

Thank you so much to everyone who entered and to Sky Zone Timonium for providing me with this cool prize!

Does anyone else have shoes on their Christmas wish list? Have you ever run in Adidas?

I hope everyone has a runderful weekend!

25 thoughts on “All day I dream about…sprints. {And a Sky Zone winner!}

1. Cynthia says:

That’s funny about the Adidas brand. When I went to the shoe store to get my first official fitting for running shoes, the guy recommended an Adidas shoe. I was like, what? But they felt the best of all the shoes I tried on and they’ve worked well for me.

2. Corinne says:

I tried on the previous version of your Adidas and loved how light they felt. I just couldn’t stomach the price tag though and moved onto other shoes. You and I must have very similar feet because I wear the same New Balance shoe! I’m a huge fan of the Nike Lunarglide. I ran my last half marathon in the 5’s and was so, so happy with them. I did buy the 6’s but am still working on breaking in those suckers! I did five miles in them at the turkey trot and felt like I was working way too hard; there just wasn’t as much give as I would’ve liked, but I also haven’t taken the 6’s out for very long. Guess I need to run more?

3. runawaybridalplanner says:

Very cute! A few years ago I ran in a pair of Adidas, and I really liked them. I had a fluke thing happen with my pair, the gel inside the sole popped, but they were easily replaced since it was something that wasn’t supposed to happen:) They got a few marathons in them before they were retired! They are good shoes, I’d run in them again in the future!
    Great review, hope you continue to enjoy your cute new pair!

I couldn’t hold out until Christmas for the shoes..whoops :). I’ve never tried Adidas, but I have heard great things about those shoes. I’m always in a pickle when it comes to lighter shoes…I race in a really light pair, but I hardly ever train in them because my stubborn little feet must crave stability (and weight) because if I train in them too much little issues start to pop up, but they did continued the shoe currently race in so I’ll be on a look out for a new lighter pair and I think I’ll add this one to my list! 🙂 So great that you won the auction for them! My feet always love the most expensive pairs of shoes too haha

5. Lauren says:

I had been running in Brooks and switched to the Adidas Energy Boost 2s for my marathon in October and loved them. No other shoe will ever feel as cushiony after the Boosts!

6. FLRunnerBoy says:

I ran for about 12-16 months in adidas during the early years of.my running but eventually they just didn’t work right for my feet and the price of there brand was a bit steep

7. Annie at TheLittleGSP.com says:

What a great deal! I haven’t run in adidas but I’ll be interested to read about how you feel about your boosts after running in them a bit more. Also regarding those waveriders – I avoided the 17s like the plague (too many bad reviews!) but I now have the 18s and they are awesome. Really smooth and comfortable and solid feeling, while still being a lot lighter than the WR16s. It sounds like you are good to go with shoes, but if you ever find yourself thinking about Mizunos again I’d definitely recommend trying the 18s. 🙂

8. alsoranagain says:

Those are really pretty shoes (if running shoes can be considered pretty)–and I agree with the comment above about how they look like the perfect robin’s egg blue. My BRF bought some in a different color and she loves them, too.

I tried on Hokas for the first time last weekend at the Seattle Marathon expo. I almost bought them but was nervous about transitioning between those and regular shoes. Do you have any issues with that?

9. irishrunnerchick says:

I’m always interested in hearing about running shoes – it’s such a personal choice for each runner. I haven’t run (or even tried on) Adidas but I think they sponsor the London marathon and I’ve heard good things about them. I think I have 3 brand new shoes that I bought for super cheap waiting for me to put some miles on them so I can’t justify spending money on shoes right now so maybe I’ll sign up for some races instead……

I have been devoted to Brooks for several years now, but Im thinking of trying something new in the off-season. I decided to order the Altras (which were online through charm city run) since my mileage will be lower and I can slowly add in the zero drop to some of my shorter runs. I have realized my form is much better in lower shoes like the pure connects, plus the altars have a wide toe box and after my toes got destroyed in my last marathon Im willing to try anything:)

Hooray for Ebay! What a steal! I was just chatting with a guy at Fleet Feet about recommendations for my runners. He was raving about this shoe. Adidas has done some nice new switch ups, namely in the sole. That new sole is practically indestructible and also nearly weightless. I believe it is made from recycled tires? Something like that. Congrats on the new purchase (and the Elsa wand).

12. Judith / soveryslightlymad says:

Those shoes are cute! I tried some Adidas’ when a shoe rep lent us some for a group training run, and the tow box was way too narrow for me (I don’t have wide feet, so this was strange to me, but maybe my toes like wiggle room when I run). I did just try some Mizuno Sayonaras I scored on eBay for about $30 with only a few miles on them and they seemed to work ok, but I didn’t love the feel.

13. Kerrie says:

I’ve never thought of Adidas to run in! I’m on the hunt for some new shoes come next year. I pronate so I’m not sure if Adidas will cater for that. I love my Saucony’s but I think I need to try another brand….Glad you like your new shoes! 🙂

14. Sarah says:

I tried those shoes before too. I loved the way they fit on my feet but they tore up my calf when I ran in them. My legs seem to only like Brooks pure connects right now! Maybe when in uninjured I’ll be able to try other shoes!

Those look like amazing shoes and I hope they keep making you happy! I’m also glad you’ve found shoes that work for you – that’s so important. Fortunately I’ve never been steered wrong with my Asics GT2000 series and the Saucony Kinvara 5’s I started incorporating this year so I don’t feel ready to make any changes yet.

16. Shawna says:

i have one pair of Adidas that i ran in a few times, but generally use them more for just bopping around or non-running workouts. fun color and glad you got suchhhh the fab deal. i’m running in Sauconys these days and loving them. Kinvaras for the win!

Yea, I’ve never even considered Adidas an option either! Definitely surprised at how expensive they are!! Great score though!