Drop Your Pantones!

Betty has a super cute book called What Makes a Rainbow. The main character is a clueless little rabbit who asks all his friends including a grasshopper, butterfly, and fox how a rainbow is made. (Pretty much exactly what the title suggests.)

What does the fox say?

Well he says you need orange to make a rainbow. Sorrynotsorry that I just got that song stuck in your head.

Anyway the rainbow book has been extra fun at bedtime lately because we have a colorful experience of our very own on the horizon. I was recently contacted by The Color Run and asked to be an Ambassador to their Baltimore event on November 15. Of course I can’t think of anyone else that would make a better co-ambassador than my adorable daughter.

unnamed-1

I’m sure The Color Run folks will agree. She is so excited, you guys. She literally tells everyone she meets that she is doing The Color Run with mommy and of course I could not possibly be more proud. Apparently her teachers are doing The Color Run as well so there has been much talk about it at school.

I don’t think I need to explain to anyone what The Color Run is because unless you live under a rock you’ve heard of it. One thing about this event that I appreciate, probably more now than ever before because I had so many setbacks over the summer, is that it is so laid back. It is 100% for fun and a great first event for people that have been wanting to try a 5K, but without the extra added pressure of being timed. From what I’ve heard from the many, many people that have already done a Color Run, it’s basically a big, fun, colorful party. I feel like one of the only people I know who HASN’T done one yet. So count me in.

unnamed-2

They passed along a bunch of promotional photos to me and that one is my favorite. I feel like that’s totally going to be Betty. Except that I would never let her put her hands all over the street in Downtown Baltimore because FOUL.

If you are local to Baltimore, we would LOVE if you would join us on November 15!

unnamed

HAPPY1 is my special discount code for all your Color Running needs. Just enter that at check out and receive $7 off your registration! And if you are looking for a team to join you are always welcome on the one I started. It’s called

Drop Your Pantones

A little print design humor for you all. In case you didn’t know, that’s my day job.

Have you done a Color Run or any other themed type of fun run? What’s YOUR favorite color? (Betty’s is yellow. Mine is purple.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and GOOD LUCK to my MCM ladies, Helly, Sue, and Mar! (And anyone else I might be forgetting!) I’ll be trying to hunt you all down on Sunday in DC!

Which might be harder than running a marathon. Wish me luck.

21 thoughts on “Drop Your Pantones!

1. Piper's Run says:

I did a colour run last year, it was a TONE of fun but the course was only 3k because the trails/hills were so muddy they had to redo the route the morning of. It’s kinda like a big dance party/colour powder everywhere!
    Favourite colour – blue and purple. Have a great weekend Salt!

While I personally don’t find getting pelted with balls of color fun, I am all about the color. I just wea it from the start, rather than starting from a blank canvas. #idontdoquiet

Sounds like fun! I’m nervous to sign up with in being a week before my marathon and I don’t want to do anything stupid:)
    Wait are you implying that the streets of Baltimore aren’t clean?! Ha. It’s not like I see rats running around federal hill when I’m running or anything…

I’ve done a couple of Color Runs now and they’re super fun! It really is a party atmosphere, and most people are super relaxed about the whole thing. I will say, be prepared for a lot of bobbing and weaving in and out of people going at widely varied paces, people with strollers etc. My favorite color is orange, which is usually not one of the color stations, but this year I got an orange color packet at the finish and dumped it all over myself 🙂 Have fun!

5. Corinne says:

I’ve run a Color Run twice and was a volunteer twice as well. Either side is a lot of fun! I made sure to roll around in the pink corn starch as much as possible every time! Make sure to put Vaseline on your ears, otherwise you’ll have multi-colored ears for a while! Take a towel for the ride home too! You’ll definitely have a great time!

6. FLRunnerBoy says:

Sounds pretty cool Salt!!! And no you are not the only one to not have run a color run. I’ve not joined the party either. With your colorful personality (which is a good thing) you and your lil’ chica make the perfect ambassadors 🙂 You’ll have a blast!!!

7. littlegreenrunningshoes says:

This cracked me up! I love the word play! I also love that you hit the nail on the head, if someone doesn’t know what the color run is by now they might be living in another dimension. Can’t wait to see the cuteness that ensues from your experience!

8. themilereport says:

I did a color run with my sister a while back! it was a lot of fun and definitely not completitive—some of the color stops were really congested and we had to stand/walk through them, so I had to remind myself it was an event and not a “race,” ha. my favorite color is BLUE!

9. OmniRunner says:

Salt, you followed my old blog, “I’m a runner and so can you” a few months ago. Writing to let you know I moved to omnirunning.com. Still writing about running and figuring out the complexities of self hosted.
    Cheers – Andy

10. Running Betty says:

Yay! I’m so excited for you and betty! I just did the dc color run with my daughter and we had a blast! It’s definitely very laid back and family friendly. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your description. A big colorful party! I can’t wait to hear about how much fun you two have!! 🙂

I did the Color Run with Ryan…all I can say is make sure Betty wears sunglasses, Ryan got squirted in the face with cornstarch several times and despite the organizers saying that the volunteers are trained…a lot were teenagers, so just be careful!! Have fun!