Most people like to celebrate big blogging occasions by hosting a fun giveaway or hooking up some links to fun posts from the past year. I, however, prefer to completely abandon everything for a month and forget to renew my domain name so that when I finally DO check in, I no longer even have an active site. Oops. Anyway…time to check in! A LOT has been going on, mostly in the form of my brand new (now a month old) job that I am very much enjoying, but which is VERY time and brain-power consuming. I’ve had to adjust my schedule immensely to accommodate anything else other than work that I would like to accomplish during the day, such as breathing or eating. (Or fitness related activities.) A typical week day for me now consists of waking up at 5-ish to get my run or workout in, at my desk before 8 – usually with TWO cups of coffee in hand…I drink a LOT of coffee right now – little to no break throughout the day, off at 5, pick up B, home for our usual evening routine, and before I know it it’s 8pm and the last thing I feel like doing is look at a computer screen. Hence my lengthy absence. A few other things of note that have been going on in my world: 1) OMG SO MUCH WORK. 2) I ran a half marathon PR, won my AG, and solidified my place at the top of my age bracket for the Grand Prix series this year. YAY. I should probably write a race recap. 3) Well this royally sucks, but I’m deferring my Dopey registration. Mainly because although my foot has improved I can’t imagine putting that kind of mileage on it and also I don’t have any vacation time for January due to the fact that I’m still so new to my job. The bright side is that I don’t think Disney is going anywhere and I assume marathon weekend will still be happening in 2016. 4) Because of all this, I will be running a different marathon in the spring. I’m pretty excited about it. Stay tuned. 5) I was chosen to be a Fitfluential Ambassador! I may have been a big slacker lately, but I am still so honored. 6) I eat grapes now. 7) Halloween is coming. We take this very seriously in my house. I have watched Nightmare Before Christmas no less than 300 times in the past 2 weeks. 8) Betty is still awesome, but I don’t think that’s news to anyone. Oh and BASEBALL. We’ve been watching a lot of baseball. Go Orioles. I have really missed you all and the great outlet that this place gives me so I’ll be making a better effort to be a better blogger. I know I have a lot to catch up on. I can tell from my Facebook and Instagram travels that there has been some fantastic fall races going on and I can’t wait to read more about them! I’m tired, but I’m happy. And it feels good to be back. 🙂 xo, Salt

58 thoughts on “Happy Belated Blogiversary to ME! I celebrated by remembering that I have a blog!

1. emmelineruns says:

Welcome back! I love reading your updates 🙂 I figured you you were crazy busy with work but it’s awesome to hear the running is going so well too! Congrats on the AG win and the Grand Prix!

It’s nice to hear from YOU! I think one of the hardest things about taking a blog break is getting started back up again. I’m ready to get it back into my routine!

Hiiiiiiiiiii I missed you. Like terribly. Random check ins and pics of the #grainofsalt is simply not enough. I so respect your decision to defer. You HAVE to take care of that foot. Otherwise, what is the point?!
    And I’m happy that I am a FFA with you. It makes me feel legit.
    I have to go now and pass out. Until then, I loves you and misses you.

I MISSED YOU. And I’m so over-the-moon, freaking out proud of you right now. I’ve got a lot to catch up on, but I can’t wait to read all about your race last weekend. You are a superhero and I love you. ❤

3. Annie at TheLittleGSP.com says:

Yay, so happy you’re back! When I looked at your blog and got a Go Daddy ad earlier today I was sad. Congrats on the 1/2 PR AND on eating grapes!!! The fact that grape-eating made #6 of 8 updates about your life over the past 5 weeks made me chuckle.

I was sad too! And I felt like a total fool. I literally hadn’t even gotten a chance to check my personal email for like a week so I missed the message that I needed to renew. Grapes are very exciting (and also very fresh in my mind because I just got some at the grocery store…how did I go so long without fruit!?)

Welcome back! Congrats on the PR, age group win (didn’t someone once comment that you weren’t fast?!). Another congrats on the Fit Fluential. Awesomeness. I thought of you recently because one of my athletes was in the hospital and they were trying to reintroduce food to her and they suggested Jamba Juice but her mom said no because she hates fruit. Second time I have ever heard of this. I wished I could call you for advice. Grapes are awesome. Try them in the freezer in the summer. It’s like candy.

I am so sorry to hear about your athlete. I hope she’s okay! (I totally understand that fruit hate though!) I actually have been putting them in the freezer. And in my wine. DELICIOUS. 🙂

Thank you so much and it’s so great to hear from you!

5. Sam @ The Running Graduate says:

Happy to see that you’re back! Congrats on the new job, and the PR! It is all such great news.It sounds like you’re a good busy, which is definitely a positive!
    I soo wish I could be in Baltimore to experience the playoff fever! I miss going to the Yard.

Thanks, Sam!! Oh my goodness it has been IN. SANE. around here which I’m sure you can imagine. Usually by this time of year I’m totally on to football so I really have no idea what to do with myself. Next game is on Friday. I so wish we could get tickets, but they are ridic expensive.

Starting a new job is so rough – I’m doing it right now and it’s definitely not the same as my old job! It sounds like you’re busy but happy and that’s all that matters!

Everything has been really good. And I’ve been loving following your adventures on Facebook! (I’m so glad we are friends on there!) I hope the new job keeps going great for you!

It will be okay. Honestly, my foot is SO much better. (Long story for another post.) So I’m thrilled to be running at all and loving every mile. I just think it’s the best decision and will keep me healthier.

It’s great to be back!!

7. Tina Muir says:

LOTS OF EXCITING NEWS! And happy blogiversary! Congrats on being top of your age group, that is mighty impressive! Looking forward to seeing what marathon you choose!

8. Mandi says:

So glad to see you back! Congrats on the job and I hope you can get settled into your new routine so it doesn’t feel so crazy-hectic. Happy blogiversary too!

9. samantha says:

Salt is back, Walking Dead is back, all is right in the world! so happy you are loving your new job even if it is keeping you insanely busy. being happy at work is so important. totally respect the dopey decision – that’s a big deal and you want to feel your best and not be stressed about the condition of your foot. good for you for making the decision! xo

Welcome back! We missed you! But I totally understand about the crazy schedule thing. I can’t wait to hear more about everything you’ve been up to, and congrats on the PR and age group and Fitfluential and all that exciting stuff!

11. FLRunnerBoy says:

I’m so happy to hear from you Salt!!! I’ve been really missing your posts but I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job even though it sounds like you may need coffee via IV haha lol 🙂 also, congrats on the half mary PR and age group win. I can’t wait to hear more from you! 🙂

12. running4cupcakes says:

Welcome back!! I can totally understand looking at a computer screen all day long and then that being the last thing you want to do when you get home – same thing happens to me!! Sounds like you have been really busy. Congrats on the PR and AG win!!

Welcome back friend!!! So glad your job is going well – and if you’re happy that’s all that matters. So glad you are eating grapes – they are so good and portable! Congrats on the PR!!!!

14. Piper's Run says:

Good lord girl…don’t go away like that again! I was worried but thankfully follow you on Insta 😉 Congrats on the PR, glad Betty is as awesome as always. You are probably smart on deferring Dopey, sometimes the tough decisions are the better ones to make!
    Welcome back !

15. Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor says:

Welcome back! Congrats on your PR and AG, that’s so awesome! Good to see you haven’t stopped being your speedy rockin’ self. Sorry you had to defer Dopey, I imagine that must suck. But on the bright side, you have even more time to train and get better now so when you do run it, you will probably do way better than you would have this year!

16. runawaybridalplanner says:

Welcome back and congrats on your Blogiversary!
    Great job on the PR and race that is awesome!!!!
    You’ll love being a Fitfluential Ambassador, it has brought on a lot of incredible opportunities for me, they are a great community to be a part of!

17. Sarah says:

Glad to see you back! Sorry about Dopey – but I promise that it’s not going anywhere!! Also, I will send you an email… but I can totally help you with your travel plans next year for the race! 🙂

18. Sarah @ Free To Run says:

Congrats on the new job! I just started a new job as well and I know what you’re feeling. Excited to hear more updates once you’ve gotten settled with the work schedule and other life happenings!

19. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles says:

Yay, welcome back lady, I’ve missed you! So glad work is going well through (even if its busy!!) I have a feeling I may be in the same position next week when I start my new job…eek!! Really glad your foot is feeling better too, and you are right, Disney will be there in 2016! xo

20. ambertherunner says:

Welcome back! I figured you didn’t mean to abandon everyone, and was just super busy with your fabulous new job 🙂
    So many updates- I’ll try to keep this brief:
    Congrats on the new half PR!
    So sucky you have to defer on Disney, but sounds like the right decision. & this means you’ll truly enjoy the experience in 2016.
    Love grapes!! I love lots of fruit, but grapes are pretty high up there, just behind bananas 😉
    I haven’t seen The Nightmare Before Christmas in forever, and now I’m craving it. Must find it somewhere…Netflix maybe?

21. Run Colby Run says:

THERE YOU ARE! Phew. And to think, I was about to pack up my GTI and scoot on down to Baltimore to find you, have cocktails, and chit chat. Congrats on the PR!!! I did catch a glimpse of it on The Facebook. LOVE! I am very, very bummed to hear that you deferred Dopey. But hey. It all happens for a reason. And if getting a kick ass new job is it, than so be it! I LOVE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS! In fact a few years ago they had a Tim Burton Exhibit at the NY MOMA and it was SPECTACULAR! So happy you’re back Salt! xoxox 🙂

22. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! says:

I was worried my bloglovin wasn’t alerting me to your updates I’m happy to know you’ve just been busy. I’d love to hear about the new job – it sounds exciting… hard, but in a good way… (TWSS)… So happy you’re doing well, your foot is getting better and you’re pacing yourself. Congrats on the race success!! After running/walking/dying through my first 3K mud run you are my official running hero!

23. themilereport says:

Hello!! Wow, so many things are happening! I’m glad that you like grapes, and your new job! I haven’t been running a whole lot this fall because I’m trying to stay afloat this semester. I’m excited to hear which marathon you’ll be running in the spring!

24. Kristin says:

Ohhhh I miss you, I miss you!!!! I checked your blog yesterday and then BAM, you posted!!I Yaaaay!! You knew I missed you so much, right?? 😉 😉 You’re fabulous! Lots of great stuff going on!! Fabulous job on your half marathon and um, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! So much fun!! xoxoxoxo

Yay! So happy you’re here and alive! Ha:) I’m glad you’re enjoying your new job though! I knew you were counting down the days until your old one was done! Big congrats to winning the series!! That’s a lot of hard work paying off right there! And you eat grapes now!? That’s big too! Pretty soon you’ll be able to make your own fruit salad, watch out!;)

me likey!!! missed you like cray cray (though really, how much could I miss you since I “see” you daily on Facebook, I know – so dramatic, Mar) Happy for new job and everything else. See you in Baltimore (shudder) next weekend!

Yay! So glad to see you are back blogging – love reading your posts 🙂

Congrats on all the wonderful things – the new job, the race, the blog anniversary – lots to celebrate!

28. irishrunnerchick says:

Welcome back! I was so happy to see your name pop up on my reader again. And glad to hear the new job and running/racing (!) is going well. I’m pretty sure Disney will be there in 2016!

29. Montana Ross says:

Happy blogiversary to you! Forgetting to renew my domain sounds like something I would do. Hello, crappy memory that I have lol. Congrats on the new half PR and the Fit Fluential Ambassadorship! Those are awesome accomplishments! I’m pretty sure Disney will be there in 2016 too…maybe we’ll get to meet each other at one of these Disney things 😉