I’m always very fond of workout recaps and seeing what my favorite bloggers have been up to with their training.
When I was marathon training I really enjoyed adding my own recaps to the mix! Then I got hurt and felt stupid posting “Tuesday: I rode the bike. Wednesday: I rode the bike. Thursday: I RODE THE BIKE” over and over again. Plus after weeks of not running much at all and drinking a little more wine than I probably should have my fitness definitely fell apart a little bit and thinking about my workouts was kind of depressing.
Lately I’ve been feeling stronger and decided I could handle getting on a scale to see what the damage was. The verdict? Not great, but it could have been much worse I guess. And it probably was much worse, but I’ve managed to rein it in a little bit recently.
This week though…I HAVE LEGIT WORKOUT UPDATES!
This time last year I was a total ball of stress and doubting my ability to finish a half marathon. Despite my foot, I feel so much more relaxed this time around. It’s such a fun distance and I’m so excited for my friends that will be running their first halfs at Baltimore with me! (SARA!)
- Saturday, July 26: My longest long run in months! 8 miles. Then later in the afternoon, I stacked another 3.5 miles on top of it with an slow, easy stroller run with Betty. 11.5 miles for the day.
- Sunday, July 27: Strength HIIT workout and 30 minute bike HIIT workout. Then I tried something I’ve never done before: I walked. I set the incline on the treadmill to 15 and walked at between 4 and 4.5 MPH for 30 minutes. And I sweated like a pig which was very unexpected.
- Monday, July 28: An hour of yoga and 45 minutes on the elliptical.
- Tuesday, July 29: 4 mile run and allowed myself to kick my speed up a notch and saw 7’s for the first time in awhile + abs and strength training.
- Wednesday, July 30: Easy 5 mile run and an hour of yoga.
- Thursday, July 31: A little over 7 miles total for the day. I didn’t mean for that to happen. I did 4 humid miles on the trail and then Betty wanted to go to the playground in the evening so I did an easy jog to and from there. She’s my favorite running buddy right now.
Today? Happy August Rest Day!
Tomorrow morning the original plan was to attempt my first double digit run since May, but I just learned that there is a pretty sizable chance that we will be getting a monsoon. I usually don’t mind running in the rain, but I already have enough things to think about right now while I’m out there and maybe I don’t feel like being soaked too. I should probably cut it short anyway because I did put quite a bit of mileage in this week already and have that 12 miler next Saturday. Not trying to get too overzealous over here.
Now back to the whole drinking wine thing. I mentioned on here that work has been really rough lately and between that, Mr. Salt working a trillion hours, and me flying solo with Betty, this week I deserve all the wine and possibly an all expenses paid trip to a tropical island where no one can bother me for a couple days. But in the spirit of re-harnessing my fitness, before heading to the wine store last night I decided to do some research on which variety would be the healthier choice for me. I tend to lean towards cool, crisp whites in the summer but maybe a red would be more appropriate?
I found all the answers I would ever need in this helpful infographic from Prevention.com.
Merlot it is. Thanks, Prevention!
It was good too.
Are you a wine drinker? Do you prefer red or white? Any monsoons in your forecast for the weekend?
It’s FRIDAY and you have one more day to enter the doTERRA Essential Oil giveaway! That can be found right HERE.
I hope everyone has an amazing weekend! ❤