Burger Time! {WIAW}

Remember that video game? You were a chef and you had to climb ladders and knock down the ingredients to make these burgers while being chased by evil little hot dogs, eggs, and pickles.

BurgerTime_%28NES%29_173

I miss the 1980’s.

Every Tuesday night that Mr. Salt isn’t working we all head up to one of our favorite local restaurants for burger time. Not the video game. They have discounted burgers on Tuesdays.

koopers_logo

I’ve literally stopped ordering burgers from anyplace else besides Kooper’s because every time I do, I’m disappointed. There is just no competition. And they don’t just have awesome burgers either; their whole menu rocks. Read this and prepare to be hungry.

Anyway, back to burger time. The menu consists of a BYOB section which means Build-Your-Own-Burger (you don’t have to bring-your-own-beer…or wine either THANK GOODNESS). I’m one of those people that can eat the same thing over and over again once I find something I like so the waitstaff could probably just put my order in as soon as they see me arrive. My combination rarely varies. Here we have my dinner deconstructed:

burger

You and I both know that I am not a food photographer, but I think this picture looks pretty damn delicious.

It is a free-range turkey burger covered in jalapeños because I like spicy things. Then there is some feta cheese, chipotle sauce because I like spicy things, and then some other random onion, tomato, and lettuce that I don’t bother putting on there because I like to keep my burgers and my salad separate. I appreciate that they always serve their burgers with those things on the side.

Oh and there’s a pickle. Their pickles are amazing and I usually order extras.

Here is the burger constructed before I started shoving it into my face. Cameo appearances by Betty’s crayons and chocolate milk.

constructed

I have always been a turkey burger fan and would occasionally order one if I was out someplace that had them on the menu, but ever since Kooper’s opened I find myself CRAVING these burgers. I’m starting to think they are laced with something addictive.

Do you love burgers? What are your favorite toppings? Do you like to mix it up? Do you love jalapeños?

I hope everyone has a tasty Wednesday!

I am in no way affiliated with Kooper’s. I just really like their food. All delicious opinions expressed in this post are my own!

59 thoughts on “Burger Time! {WIAW}

That burger looks so good. I am learning to like spicy stuff. I just discovered curry. Yeah at 33 years old. But I love a good turkey burger. Rock and I had one every Friday night during marathon training as our night before a long run meal. I don’t know why but once we started and it worked we stuck to it. But it is incredible how some places just make mediocre burgers. Once you find a good one, it is worth sticking with.

Mmmm curry! The spicier the better!
      I made a lot of trips to Kooper’s during my marathon training for sure! I think that’s right around the time my addiction happened. 🙂

2. Michele @ PaleoRunningMomma says:

That’s a lot of spice in that burger! I love burgers. One of my favorite foods for sure. Thankfully with paleo I can still eat the best part of the burger plus experiment with stuffing them, wrapping them, using different meats, etc. Recently made pork plantain burgers seasoned wwith garlic, cumin, onion and cayenne and they rocked. Topped it with avocado and an egg and served over arugula.

Haha I’m one of those people that puts hot sauce on everything, even if it’s not really appropriate. That sounds delicious and unique! It makes me wish I could eat plantain.

3. Sasha says:

Oh yum, and I am a turkey burger fan as well! So sad there is not one of these places by me! Good thing you run too! 😉

4. afastpacedlife says:

Yes, burgers are delicious. I eat my fair share of them. I put different things on my burger depending upon my mood, but I always douse my burger with ketchup. I love spicy stuff, but I think jalapeños are okay. Ben loves them though.

5. Shawna says:

i haven’t eaten red meat in, like, 15 years, but i loveeeee a good veggie or spicy black bean burger! turkey burgers, not so much. toppings? tomatoes, ketchup, lettuce, salsa… anything tomatoey!

I heart burgers–I actually had one last night for mommy’s birthday celebration! Grilled to perfection and topped with onions, ketchup and spicy mustard, on a toasted bun. Mmmmmmm. There’s a place near us that has $5 burgers on Wednesdays, and we don’t go as often as we should.

I’m rethinking my post for today now because I’m reading all these comments and getting hungry. That sounds awesome! I would totally be taking advantage of that special too!

We are making turkey burgers for dinner tonight! But they are never as good as going out/grilling them because we cook them on an indoor foreman grill. (No outdoor space=the joys of living in the city)
    I actually prefer my burgers just with ketchup. Everyone thinks Im weird but I like to just focus on the burger without all the extra stuff.

8. byrne1324 says:

I am a burger junkie!!! There is a place by my house that has tons of topping and sauces and different meats you can use for your burger. Me and my wife are addicted… I use to mix it up but now I think I have mastered a special burger than I get every time, and it’s like biting into heaven!!! If you ever in Pittsburgh go to stack’d

That sounds just like Kooper’s! We are addicted too! Next time we are in PGH we will definitely check it out. I think I’ve heard the name before! (We have some really good friends that live there and they’ve mentioned it!)

Ermigerd need that in ma face. I love roasted jalapenos on burgers with pickles, onions, super fresh tomato, bibb lettuce. I also love bbq sauce or honey mustard. one of my favorite things ever was bacon jam on a burger-amazeballs. Avocado is great too. Oh, hell, put pretty much anything that I like on a burger and I will be happy.

I actually thought about you while writing this post because you’ve posted burger pictures before and it always makes me think of Kooper’s and how much I wish I was at Kooper’s. Mmmmm BBQ sauce and honey mustard. Two of my faves.

Actually I do really like their turkey burgers, but I usually get them plain with a side of BBQ sauce. I like to pretend it’s one of the healthier things I could be choosing when I eat there. 🙂

10. Hailey says:

OMG…I might have came close to drooling on my keyboard by looking at that burger and clicking on the menu. That looks amazing!!! The bun looks really good too…I’m kinda of obsessed with my carbs so I’m a little bit picky that the bun is good too ;). And I love feta on a burger. Especially with wing or bbq sauce!!

Hehe it’s the beauty of WIAW. I have been drooling over blogs all morning! The bun is AWESOME. It’s buttermilk I think? All I know is that I could eat 5 of them by themselves. Mmmmmm carbs. 🙂

11. Elizabeth says:

I LOVE burgers! Have you been to Abbey Burger in Fed Hill? That’s my favorite place to go for burgers, and their lamb burger is my absolute favorite.

I haven’t! I’m extra glad I made this post today because now I have TWO new burger joints to check out! I can’t do lamb (just a personal thing), but I would love to see what else they have!

• Elizabeth says:

I’m Greek so I grew up eating lamb. They have so many other options though if lamb isn’t your thing, and they’re all just as good (I’ve probably been there more times than I should admit haha). Definitely check it out!

I know right? They are geniuses at that place! They have some crazy options too. I think next time I might step outside my comfort zone and put some brie on there!

12. Judith / soveryslightlymad says:

I was going to have chicken for dinner tonight but now I want a burger. We don’t really have any good burger places around here that I know of, so I guess I’ll see if I can cajole my husband into firing up the grill.

13. alsoranagain says:

I love love love love burgers. They’re my go-to post-race (or any time) treat, in fact… which is why I went to Shake Shack 3 times when I was in NY for the New York City Marathon last year. I’m pretty simple when it comes to toppings. No bacon or blue cheese or arugula for me; I like lettuce, tomato, onion, American cheese (it melts the best) and a smear of mayo.

OK you hit me right in the 80s arcade geek 🙂 in the early 80s a bunch of us used to drive every week after school to the local arcade when then had a ‘token deal’ and play for a while then go out to dinner (and yes, I basically just said we spent the time from school to dinner at the arcade!).

My boys would absolutely drool for those burgers … we went to our local pub last weekend for the first time this year, and they had changed up the menu – food was still just as good, but some of the favorite selections were gone. Oh well.

I LOVE Coopers. I just don’t go there enough. And who doesn’t love a good burger? I’m actually a fan of the basic lettuce tomato, pickles, and mayo. But do mix it up now and again.

I love burgers! We have a place close to us that does 1/2 price burgers on Mondays and I always get the Jack Daniels burger…yum!

17. northernambitions says:

Oh man I love burgers, although I only eat veggies burgers but that still counts right? My favourite are ones loaded with pickles, tomatoes and hot mustard. Not terribly original but I like what I like 🙂 I am a huge fan of jalapenos and will be trying your combo next time I start up the barbie

18. Jennifer says:

Hahah I loved burger time! Koopers is so good – I use to get lunch there when I worked in Harbor East. Their Chicken Cesar Wrap is yummy. I like Turkey and Beef Burgers. Avacado, Sprouts, Mushrooms (not necessarily that combination) are good toppings.

19. Run Pilou Run! says:

Funny! I opened the link to the menu and was like “come on, I’m not going to drool as I read this as it’s only 08:57 in the morning”. WRONG. Everything looks delicious. I too would have chosen the turkey burger!

Yum! That chipotle sauce looks and sounds amazing! I also like jalapenos on burgers. The first time I ordered a burger with them I thought it was a strange topping but one bite and I was hooked. So good 🙂