Things might not be going exactly as I planned right now what with the whole not being able to run thing, but today is a great day because…THREE DAY WEEKEND! AWESOME! Betty says…Thanks for being born, America!
It’s getting a little patriotic over in the Salt household.
Anyway today I have just a couple cool things to talk about that have happened in the past 24-hours.
1. Fit Foodie Finish Pics
I’ve already blasted these all over Facebook so some of you may have seen them already. I’m sorrynotsorry for posting them again. 🙂
I think these might be my favorite finish line pictures ever. I love everything about them…even my weird face and the fact that the girl behind me looks like she wants to kill me. I believe it was Scott who wrote a post awhile back about running being the closest that we can get to flying and the first thing I noticed when I saw these photos is that my feet aren’t touching the ground in any of them. I was FLYING. Looking at these photos makes me feel so powerful and like a real athlete.
I also looked at the official timing site for the first time yesterday. This is the women’s leader board for the race:
LOOK WHO IS #4!! WHAT!?!?
(Some of you might be like “Yeah okay…who’s that?” and I know you will be very surprised to learn that my given name is not Salt.)
I thought I came in 6th of the women, but I guess there must have been some kind of error with that. So this was definitely a very cool thing.
2. My friend is blogging!
Apparently my peer pressure tactics have worked because I convinced my wonderful friend, Sara, to start a blog! She’s the Sara all the way to the right in this photo of multiple Saras. She just started running in January and has already accomplished so much! Currently she is beginning her training for her first half marathon: the Baltimore Half, which I hold very dear to my heart because it was my first one too! Her blog can be found HERE and I hope that you will stop by, say hi, and welcome her to our awesome little blogger community!
3. Colby & Tina ROCK!
Last night Helly and I were talking about how much we love Colby and Tina. We’ve decided that they remind us of…well…US. Except that they actually get to hang out with each other whereas Helly and I have gotten to hang out zero times even though we’ve known each other for like 3 years. (Thankfully we are remedying that in October!)
I’m pretty sure if Helly, Colby, Tina, and I ever ended up in a room together, the world would fall off it’s axis because it wouldn’t be able to handle that level of awesome.
Anyway, the lovely ladies behind It’s a Marathon AND a Sprint have bestowed a glorious blog award on both Helly and myself and I am pleased to accept that award today.
I’m so honored to be called inspiring. Especially by someone that jumped right back out to do a long run shortly after almost knocking all her teeth out of her head. ❤ As with most of these things, there are some rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you. Or in this case “people”. DONE AND DONE!
- List the rules and display the award. AND DONE!
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Oh goodness MORE things about me? You already know I’ve handled half a human head. I’m running short on facts here. Here are 6 more because just above this you already learned that my real name is not Salt. 🙂
- I run with my thumbs up. Kind of like how some people drink tea with their pinky finger sticking out. It’s just what my hands do when I’m running and not thinking about it. You can tell I’m doing it in all three of those photos above (especially the second one) and in pretty much every other picture ever taken of me at a race. For awhile I tried to control it, but these thumbs do what they want.
- I don’t get a lot of sleep. It’s pretty much impossible for me to fall asleep before midnight and it’s very rare if I get more than 5.5 – 6 hours of sleep in a night. Often I get less and I know this is not a good thing. Melatonin and Epsom salt baths have been helping it a little bit lately, but even if I haven’t had much sleep the night before you would never be able to tell so at least I have that going for me.
- I am afraid of crickets. Like REALLY afraid. They are fast and unpredictable and I worry that if I get too near one it will jump right on me with no warning. And I really shouldn’t have even bought it up because now I’m feeling all anxious.
- I know how to do The Hustle. You can keep your Cupid Shuffles and your Booty Calls. I’ll be over here rocking out to Van McCoy and the Soul City Symphony.
- I’m a nail biter. It’s a nasty, nasty habit. Actually my nails look better in the past two weeks since I’ve had Jamberry wraps on them than they have in years so I guess I’m just going to have to be addicted to them now. Twist my arm.
- I learned yesterday that yoga is HARD with a pinched nerve. Because Dr. Dave has cleared me to bike and do yoga, I visited my favorite new studio on my lunch break and learned that crescent lunges or anything that involved my toes bending up were completely out of the question. All my chaturangas and most of my downward dogs involved only one leg. My balance was terrible. It was rough. On a good note, my instructor applauded my modifications, the messages she gave us were particularly uplifting (which is something that I’ve come to expect from that class…it really is wonderful), and I seem to have regained some of the feeling in my foot since the class. So I guess I’ll just stick with it. One of the best parts about yoga is that it is a total non-judgement zone so my current clumsy state is a non-issue for anyone.
And now I think the Salt Fact Well is completely tapped. Now on to my nominations! These are just some of my favorites. If I had to list all my favorites, I would be typing this for the rest of my life. I also referred to Colby and Tina’s nominations so that we wouldn’t have any overlap as I know we read a lot of the same blogs!
- Sweaty Mess Mama
- Candies & Crunches
- Pretty Little Runner
- Fitness Meets Frosting
- Running Around the Bend
- Running Out of Wine
- Striding Strong
- Run This Apple
- So Very Slightly Mad
- Eat. Host. Run. Style.
- Kelsie Lou
- The Cupcake Triathlete
- From Dancing to Running
- Spiritual Creaminess
- The Running Schlub (He’s getting married this weekend!)
Ta dahhhhhh!!! I hope that all you Americans have a safe and Happy 4th of July! (And Happy Belated Canada Day to my Canadian friends!)
Do you have any icky habits? What’s your favorite line dance? How much sleep do you typically get in a night? Do you have any bug fears?