You all will be so proud of me. As promised, I am for real tapering.
My schedule for this week:
- Sunday: Hey, Salt. You’re doing it wrong.
- Monday: I went to the gym and rode the bike for 45 minutes. I rode so slowly that if it were a real bike, I probably would have fallen over.
- Tuesday: I will be jogging 3 miles on the treadmill because I can set my pace to something nice and easy and not be tempted to do anything stupid. See also: Sunday.
- Wednesday: 4 slow miles in my neighborhood to test out a new fuel belt that I hope to wear for the race. (SPI Belts are amazing, but there is just not enough room in it for everything I will need to have with me.)
- Thursday: 2 miles. 2 MILES. I can’t even remember the last time I only ran 2 miles, besides running with Betty in the new stroller and that felt more like 102 miles.
- Friday & Saturday: R&R time. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself. Maybe I’ll learn to crochet or build a birdhouse or something. I might go get a nice dark polish pedicure to cover up the fact that I have a serious case of zombie toe right now. I laughed my way through my girl Colby’s whole post yesterday about her toenails because the big one on my right foot looks like an extra from the Walking Dead.
Taking it easy is hard. I feel like I need to be wearing a warning sign. Hell, I’m a graphic designer…maybe I should just make myself one. That would kill a few minutes that I would otherwise be spending on Weather.com.
I’ve also still been busy obsessing over outfits and music and I would love to have some help with the latter, or either of them really if you want to come by and stand in my closet with me for an hour looking at all my running clothes. I plan on starting off the race with my usual standup comedy and will probably go through 2 comedians which will last me roughly 2 hours. Then I would like to spend the rest of the time listening to some awesome music and I could really use some suggestions to freshen up my playlist.
Plus I think it would be fun while I’m out there to have a song come on that one of my awesome blogfriends suggested. It would make me smile. 🙂 Who knows how much I’m going to feel like smiling otherwise, especially after mile 20.
What is one song that gets you all pumped up/makes you want to run fast?
Or multiple songs. I have a couple hours of space to fill up. 🙂 Thank you so much in advance!
I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!