Run, Eat, & Drink at the Fit Foodie 5K Race Weekend!

I have AWESOME news! And I’m positively, all-encompassingly GIDDY OVER IT. Is that even a word!? Oh screw it I’m so excited that I DON’T CARE!!

I was invited to be an Ambassador for Cooking Light & Health’s Fit Foodie 5K Race Weekend in Fairfax, Virginia!

600x225

I have my fellow fit blogger and amazing friend Cynthia to thank for this incredible honor. She’s the BEST and I owe her BIG!

So what will Salt be up to
from June 20 – 22?

Eating delicious food (and probably drinking delicious wine)? Check! A fun 5K race? Check! An invigorating yoga class? Check! The opportunity to learn a lot from fitness industry professionals? Check! Basically this sounds like my dream weekend. I can’t believe I get to be a part of it!

The Fit Foodie Weekend is a huge celebration of food and fitness, featuring cooking and fitness demonstrations, exclusive celebrity chef tastings, a 5k, the choice of a yoga session or a fitness boot camp and obstacle course both led by celebrity trainers, and so much more. I toyed around with the idea of doing the boot camp and obstacle course, but since yoga is sort of one of my things I would rather come back here and tell you all about what a great experience it was taking a class taught by Kristin McGee and not about the sad time I cried at boot camp. Each event is open for individual registration OR you could make a little vacation of it like I’m doing and make it a whole weekend of fun! (Bolded for emphasis because I really hope some of you will!! I’d love to start a team for the 5K!)

Regardless of what you choose to do, 10% of the ticket sale goes to an amazing charity called City of Hope, a top treatment and research facility for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. You’ll spend the weekend getting fit while giving back. I love events with a good cause.

So you want to come run with me right??

RIGHT!?

Let me sweeten the deal a little more. When you go to register add in the promo code RUNSALTRUN at checkout and you will receive 10% off!

The Fit Foodie will be a fun trend on social media over weeks as well. I encourage all of you to give them a follow on Facebook and also on Twitter where I’ll be hashtagging photos of all my nearly countless pairs of new shoes with #TweetYourFeet as I train for the weekend. For more information on all the fabulous events of the Fit Foodie 5K weekend, go HERE. Warning: Do not look on an empty stomach because some of it is likely to make you hangry.

Friends1

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! My morning started with a pretty nice 8 mile run. Not even the woman who backed out of her driveway and almost ran over me after looking directly at me and still not stopping – and then subsequently rolling down her window to yell obscenities at me as if it was all somehow my fault – can ruin my good mood! I post pictures of Flat Salt before races all the time and this time I was almost actual Flat Salt.

Have you traveled out of state for a race? Where did you go?

Fit Foodie Ambassador Salt!

63 thoughts on “Run, Eat, & Drink at the Fit Foodie 5K Race Weekend!

• prettylittlerunner says:

even though it’s a wk after my marathon I’m considering doing the Runners World hat trick … yes we have already est that I’m insane so…lol. I want to see how I feel after this marathon in a couple of wks and than I’ll make my final decision.

speaking of insane… the vegas race was in August! I thinking it started at like 6 am to “beat the heat” lol

1. northernambitions says:

This sounds like my kind of race: food, classes, drinks and runs? Yes please. I haven’t traveled too far for a race before but I’ve done a 12 hour drive to a race, which seemed pretty far at the time 🙂 There is a Lululemon run in Vancouver every year which sounds similar to this race and it’s such a blast. It’s like a whole weekend of fun activities and the vibe is amazing. Can’t wait to hear about it once you’ve done the race

12 hours is definitely far!! The first time I leave the state for a race will be in a couple weeks and even that is only like 45 minutes away. I love Lululemon and that sounds awesome!

This sounds awesome! It should be so much fun–all of the things we love at once! Except for each other, sadly. I will be in Chicago. SKYPE ME IN??
    I have traveled for all of my races except for the first 3 I ever ran (4 miler, 5k, and 8k) and the two halfs that I ran mid last summer. It seems to be my preference at this point, and I definitely enjoy going to new places and enjoying new scenery for the races. Plus, it’s just fun to be able to sleep in a hotel bed, wreck the room, and then disappear!

Can we Skype while I’m there!? I’m staying in a hotel and will actually have extended ME TIME for once! I wish you could come stay with me! We could party like rock stars.

Seriously though one of these days we have to meet up at some location for a race!

3. runcolbyrun says:

Holy Dream Come True! That’s wonderful, Salt!!!! Lookit you all Little Miss Fitness! I wish I was closer but maybe I can sucker Tina in for a little road trip. Looking forward to the Weekend Recap Post. It will be EPIC! 🙂

4. irishrunnerchick says:

That sounds like a great weekend! Congrats! Last summer I went out to Oregon wine country for a race (would recommend) and this fall I’m heading to Minneapolis for my first marathon.

Thank you so much! You had me at wine country. I’d be all over that! I hope you enjoy Minneapolis as well! I’m traveling for mine too, but it’s only just up the road in York so about 45 minutes away. Still staying in a hotel though which should be fun. (Like I’ll get any sleep.)

• irishrunnerchick says:

For the Oregon race the finish line doubled as a wine tasting event (included in your registration). My friend and I won our division in the relay race and went home with a fancy-ass bottle of wine each. Looking forward to visiting the Midwest!

5. Sarah says:

THIS IS SO AWESOME I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!

Both of my half marathons have been out of town races. I’m a Destination Bride and a Destination Runner. Seriously it’s SO much fun to travel for a race. You’ll have a BLAST!!!! So now I am going to go pretend to book a trip because I want to go to there.

Yay for Destination Everything! That’s the way to do it. 🙂 That’s so cool that you did both of your halfs as racecations! I’m so thrilled to have a couple coming up! (I’ve never been outside the area before for a race and I’ll be starting with Potts even if it’s not that far away.) If you want to come you are more than welcome to crash with me! 🙂

Congrats to you on this! Great job – they are lucky to get #mamaSalt 🙂

I have only gone to Pennsylvania for a race … which doesn’t count since it was only an hour or so to where it was held!

I LOVE MY #mamaSalt HASHTAG! 🙂 Thank you so much, friend!
      Haha that’s what I’ve been saying about Bob Potts too. It’s just 45 minutes away in PA so it’s not like I’m REALLY traveling for the race, but I am staying in a hotel so maybe it half counts?

woohoo!!! don’t mind a little salt on fit foods 😉 Cynthia told me about this as well but alas, I have to work that weekend, then off to Chicago for shenanigans. We have GOT to meet soon though!!! Have fun, sounds awesome.

Congrats! I just read about this one last week and was telling some friends about it because it looked so fun. Sadly, my husband then reminded me we’re out of town that weekend. But I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Congrats!! I am an ambassador as well! Technically you have ME to thank because I recommended Cynthia 😉 LOL…so excited that I will finally get to meet you at this event!! And now you are making me want to stay over….hmmm, how to convince the hubby after being away for Ragnar with Swirlgear two weeks before…..I’m going to have to think of something!

YAY SUE!!!! Well thank YOU very much! This is awesome and I’m so happy you guys are going to be there too. You should definitely try to stay if you can! I’ll be up in PA for Potts 3 weeks before this. Tell him that absolutely EVERYONE is doing stuff a couple weekends apart and there’s just so much peer pressure!

Hahahaha those would be the most ridiculous interviews ever. I’m way too awkward to be interviewing anyone, but thank you so much for the vote of confidence. 😉 It has been a pretty darn good news couple of weeks! Thank you, friend!!

10. Change of Pace says:

A huge congratulations! Im so excited for you- the weekend sounds like a blast!
    I absolutely love racing elsewhere- actually nearly all my races are destination races! It’s a fun excuse to travel!

11. kelby of newenglandoutlook says:

This event looks fantastic! Thanks for the promo code!

I’ve actually travelled out of state for most of my races (to run with friends that live elsewhere). I’ve gone to DC, Cape Cod, and Rochester to do races!

Oooh this sounds like so much fun! If I was in Philly I might have tried to sign up 😦 I can’t wait to read all about it though. Congrats on being chosen!