Hey, everyone! I’m a DOPE!!!

So yesterday after nearly flying into a fit of insanity while the runDisney website crashed over and over and over again under the weight of about a billion people trying to access it at the same time, this happened:

1513657_789109914434747_4823078487636590824_n

I’M LAUREN!!!!!

christina-aguilera-excited-yay-on-the-voice

I’ve posted before about my obsession with the Dopey Challenge. Pretty much the moment I learned of its existence, I added it to the top of my race bucket list. At the end of last year I set aside a surprise bonus that I got from work so I could cover the cost of the registration. And now this January, I will be able to put a big sparkly check mark right next to it. I’ve got my eyes on the prizes. All that bling!

Dopey

Yep. Still just as creepy as the last time I used him in a blog post.

Not only do I need to get a decent training plan in place (suggestions welcome!), but I also have a family vacation to plan (suggestions also welcome!). Betty has been informed that she is going to “Mickey’s house”. I probably should have waited for Christmas to tell her, but I was too excited. Dopey is going to be an amazing experience for me, but even more amazing is going to be watching her reaction to the magic that is Disney World. In the car on the way home yesterday she was literally naming off a long list of characters and asking me if they would be there too. Everyone she listed should theoretically be there too. Girlfriend knows her Disney.

I’M IN!!! I’M IN!!!!!

Will YOU be racing on Disney Marathon Weekend? Maybe we can meet up!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

xoxo,

Dopey Salt

74 thoughts on “Hey, everyone! I’m a DOPE!!!

Bahahahahaha You’re name is officially Dopey. You now have too many nicknames 😀 I won’t be at Disney, but I will be eating as if I was, how about that?

2. Sara says:

Awesome! It’s going to be so fun! Disney is on my race bucket list, but not anytime soon. B is gonna have a blast.

Thank you thank you! I cannot wait to see how she reacts to it. If Mickey’s House is a hot topic of convo now, I’m sure she will never stop talking about it once she actually goes!

Glass Slipper sounds amazing too! I think any race through the parks would have to be a blast and I hope you’ll be able to do it soon! I’ve had Disney race envy for such a long time and I can’t believe I’m doing one myself now!

3. Pandora Viltis says:

You crazy, woman!

Lol. I hope you have a blast. I think Piratebob used Higdon to train. I’m really happy with McMillan (they have just training plans in addition to personal coaching). I’m not sure how many plans there are out there for multi-race weekends.

Your daughter is going to have the best time! I wish my kiddo were little enough to want to do Disney. It was so much fun when he was small.

Hahaha thanks! I think I remember him saying that too and I hope he’s prepared for me to be picking his brain a lot with this coming up. I actually bookmarked McMillan after reading about it on your blog so I’m going to check that out too and see what I can find. I really want to try personal coaching.

I am just so excited to take her! My mom was saying that she thinks she might be a little young still, but she will be almost three at that point which I think is perfect. 🙂

4. prettylittlerunner says:

I’m soooo jealous! I wanted to do it so bad! It’s hard though with the NYS school schedule because we would be coming back from Xmas break and than I would have to take like 4 days off… (kind of frowned upon). I’m hoping to sign up for the Glass Slipper Challenge to start and then who knows… I can’t wait to hear about all your training and I can’t wait to see your medals!!! It’s going to be AMAZING! Congrats!

Boooo yeah. Totally understandable from a teacher standpoint. You should totally do Glass Slipper! I know a few people that did it this year and they all had nice things to say!

I can’t wait to see those medals too. I heard the Goofy medal is a spinner this year, which sounds fabulously tacky and awesome.

5. northernambitions says:

That’s awesome! I didn’t realize there were so many Disney marathons but they sound like they’d be super fun. I’m pretty sure I’d be giggling and taking pictures with my favourite Disney characters the whole time

That is definitely going to be me. 🙂 The first three days you basically want to try to run as slowly as possible so you don’t ruin yourself for the marathon, so I’ll be taking TONS of character selfies on the course!

I’ve heard of Breakfast with the Characters and I definitely want to do that with her! We seriously need to start getting all the planning done now because with all the runners heading down there I know everything will book up fast!

so fun! I haven’t been to Disney since last year’s Princess half. I signed up for 2 more, but other things got in the way. I have no interest in the Dopey challenge but will be rooting for you all the way, b/c you’re a total rockstar 🙂

Yay thank you!! I am just so excited to experience the whole atmosphere of a Disney race! The waking up at 3am every morning won’t be my favorite, but in the end I think it will all be worth it. Once in a lifetime experience for sure! 🙂

7. runningsouthern says:

Congrats!! I have never been a major Disney fan (or Disney World fan), but the Disney races really appeal to me for some odd reason. Probably because I have never heard anything bad about them. Excited to follow your training!

I haven’t either! Everyone always talks about how much fun they are. I need to see this for myself. I wouldn’t say that I’m a Disney fanatic, but I do like it and I’ve always loved Disney World. I’m pretty sure I’ll love it even more after this trip!

8. Corinne says:

Yeah no….I have no plans to ever do a full marathon! But I’m sure you’ll have a ton of fun! Betty is going to love Disney. She will be at the perfect age, trust me! I lived in Orlando until I was almost 3 years old and have distinct memories of Disney World and a number of visits/experiences there. Congrats on getting in! You’re officially the second person I know doing this crazy challenge!

PS – be prepared for loooooooong lines to meet characters along any of the courses. My friend did the Disney marathon earlier this year. His goal time was 4.5 hours and it took him almost 8 hours because he kept stopping to get pics with the characters. Plan on doing those in the shorter races so you can PR at the marathon!

9. Abby says:

SOOO exciting (both the race and Betty’s trip to Disney)! I did the Disney marathon a few years ago and it was a blast. I imagine the Dopey Challenge will be that fun X 4!
    Can’t wait to read about your training for it!
    My niece just went to Disney for the first time and was seriously in heaven!

I’m so glad you loved it! I’ve really only heard positive stories from anyone who has ever run down there (aside from bad humidity stories). I’m pretty sure it’s going to be Betty’s idea of heaven too. She is the biggest little Disney fan I know!

Hahaha I was trying to be all sneaky about it without giving too much away. I’m such a dork.

Thank you so much! I am already waiting for my recap too. I wish I was in Disney right now! (Though I would be so ill-prepared for 48.6 miles in 4 days at this point that it’s not even funny.)

10. irishrunnerchick says:

Congrats! I had to google to see how much running this was – amazing! Not sure I’d be up for it yet but it sounds like a once in a lifetime running adventure. And I’m sure B will have the time of her life too!

Yeah I was pretty fortunate to get that bonus or else this would definitely not be happening. 🙂 Definitely a once in a lifetime thing for me (mostly because I don’t think I could afford it ever again haha). Thank you so much! I just saw B on my break and she is still talking about Mickey’s House so I’m pretty sure she can’t wait either!

11. AshleyMcElheny says:

I have just started running so a marathon is probably not for me but I was wanting to put the Wine and Dine Half Marathon on my list. It is another one of the dishy runs that takes place in the fall during EPCOTs Food and Wine festival. At the end of the run you get exclusive access to the festival after hours!!

I know a couple people that have done the Wine and Dine before (one at Disney World and one at Disneyland) and both of them said it was amazing! You should do it! The exclusive access sounds awesome!

When I first started running I never saw myself doing a marathon either. My first one is next month! Never say never! 😉

12. Stacy says:

Congrats again!! I have just started to stop and think what this means in terms of training as well. We will have to chat training plans some time. 🙂 All I know at this point is that I will be running more miles in 4 days than I ever have in a full WEEK. Eak!!

So exciting!!! Let me know when you have Q’s! PS, my sis did Dopey with me, she works at Animal Kingdom (and also at a running store), so she can help you with info too! Just message me!

Yey! Congrats!! So jealous! I actually went to the website a few days ago and it was 90% full, I was so tempted to register but the hubby would have KILLED me. And plus, I just found out I got into the Paris marathon!!! I’ll be headed to Paris in April next year!!