FINALLY. I think I’m all set on new shoes.

purple flow

I came home from work yesterday to the best kind of package; obviously not shipped by lame FedEx this time because said package was actually left on my doorstep. Introducing my beautiful new Pure Flows in the most badass color on the planet. They are the grape jelly to the peanut butter that is my new Connects.

Because the Connects are super light and flexible, they will perfect for my shorter distance runs and speed work. The Flows are a little more substantial and I’m looking forward to really breaking them in on my 18 miler this Saturday. Chances are that these are going to be my marathon shoes.

OMG I have marathon shoes now.

I’m running a marathon in 40 days. I could possibly throw up.

Anyway, much to my husband’s relief, the great shoe search of 2014 has finally come to a close with a happy ending, both for my feet and for my wallet. Both pairs cost me less than that one pair of Mizunos with enough money left over for like 12 venti skinny vanilla macchiatos. Really this whole situation is proof of what an amazing bargain shopper I am and not at all points to the fact that I have a shopping problem.

The shoe fairy may be done with me for now, but the skincare fairy is about to pay a visit to someone’s house! Wait. Am I the skincare fairy? I should have taken a picture wearing Betty’s Renaissance Fairy wings for this post.

amlactin

It’s time for a winner of an AmLactin prize pack full of all sorts of moisturizing goodies! And that winner is…

laurelwins

LAUREL CEDARBLADE!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I just had a really tough time typing your name because it’s so close to mine! (Yep…Salt is just a nickname. My parents aren’t cruel people.) I will be contacting you shortly for your information so we an coordinate the delivery of your prize. I want to hear all about how much you love that foot cream!

Thank you so much to everyone who entered and to the awesome people at AmLactin for providing me with such a great prize to give away!

Happy rainy-over-here Tuesday, everyone! I always feel like I should ask a question at the close of every blog post so…ummm…

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (I need some inspiration!)

41 thoughts on “I get another visit from the shoe fairy and someone else is getting a visit from the skincare fairy! {AmLactin winner!}

I like your shoes too! They are VERY blue, but still cool looking! I did get mine through the Brooks website though for quite the sweet deal and they had a lot of sizes left (they are the slightly older model so they are trying to sell them off). Just in case you need another pair. 🙂

I know exactly how you feel! My old shoes felt so great for such a long time and then they ruined my feet so I was forced to look for something else. And I didn’t like anything as much as the ones that injured me, which makes no sense. I’m so glad I finally found my new true loves!

1. Change of Pace says:

That’s awesome about your shoes, especially since they are so inexpensive!
    And crazy your marathon is 40 days away- exciting!
    I eat PB&J toast almost every single morning for breakfast. But my favourite is pancakes with fruit on top!

Maybe I should buy a few more pairs to keep as backups for when I run through these. 🙂

Mmmm pancakes with fruit on top sounds SO good. I have a day off on Friday to do whatever I want and I might have to hit up the diner in the morning and get some!

2. Cynthia says:

I’m not a marathon runner, can’t even run more than a mile yet. But my feet love my pure flows! And, yes, the price was right! Mine are red tho- like that grape jelly color!

3. Andrea says:

I may have to give those shoes a try since I’ve always been a Mizuno fan. I eat English muffins with peanut butter or crustless quiche for breakfast most days.

I think they are definitely worth a shot!
      Oh wow I LOVE quiche and I haven’t had it for the longest time. I’m kind of a weirdo and don’t eat peanut butter, but when I was pregnant I craved English muffins with PB for my entire first trimester. 🙂

4. irishrunnerchick says:

Love the shoes – what a great color! I had fresh strawberries with Greek yoghurt, honey and sliced almonds for breakfast this morning. I don’t really do cereals in the morning but love to have fruit.

If you find that the pure flows are too light for marathon training, you should look into the pure cadences. Those are my go-to heavy mileage shoe and since I also love the pure flows and pure connects it sounds like we are shoe twins! Haha not to complicate things or encourage you to buy more shoes, but just wanted to throw that out there:)

Oooooh I can always be encouraged to buy more shoes. 🙂 I will see how these work out this weekend and then maybe look and see if I can find the Cadence for a steal as well! Thank you for the suggestion!

6. fitnessmeetsfrosting says:

I need a shoe fairy! But I’m definitely going to try the Pure line now. I’ve heard so many good things about them, but for some reason I have yet to try them out. Still haven’t found the right shoes yet! Ugh!

7. littlegreenrunningshoes says:

I love smoothies for breakfast right now!

So I need the shoe fairy to come visit me. I am desperate need of new running shoes and would love any advice you have to offer. I’m looking for a lighter shoe that is midly neutral but still offers some support and doesn’t break the bank. Thoughts?

You basically just described the Pure Flow. 🙂 They are light and neutral, but still have a little substance to them. And since I got the older version they were wicked cheap. Check them out on the Brooks website! 🙂

Very nice! I really do need to get some of the connects or cadence to wear for speed work. Love love love my Pure Flows (As you know by now). Breakfast – I don’t like to eat much before running, but after I like me some eggs, and tacos, and egg tacos!

Thank you! I make eggs for breakfast whenever I can. Usually that involves scrambling them in the microwave because I’m so short on time. (I made a real omlette for dinner tonight though…breakfast for dinner rocks!)

9. DontBlameTheKids says:

I see a lot of people raving about pure flows (Hungry Runner Girl also uses them) so hopefully they will be good to your feet during your marathon!

Breakfast is my favorite! I would eat blueberry pancakes, bacon, and fruit salad every day if I could. But no one has time for that, so usually I have an English muffin, scrambled egg, and coffee.

I usually have a whole grain english muffin with almond butter or old fashioned oats with chia, hemp seeds, flax and berries (any maybe a few chocolate chips thrown in for good measure, lol).