Toddler Tuesday: World’s Best Hider.

“Mommy! I hiding!”

hidey beebs

Yesterday was tough. I was up early for my run, then in to the office for a couple hours, then we had to go say an emotional goodbye to my friend. At the church, I saw my first flowers of the year blooming. I would have been a lot more excited to see them under different circumstances, but it was kind of poetic in a way.

No matter how bad life seems, I can always count on two things: running to get my head on straighter, and an afternoon spent with this kid to bring a smile to my face. We hung out at my mom’s for the remainder of the day and despite the circumstances we had a lot of fun. Baseball was on TV and it was window-open weather. We taught her how to play hide & seek. Up until yesterday, tea party was my favorite thing to play with her, but now I think it’s going to be hide & seek. I could have done this for hours.

As you can see, she is a natural at hiding.

Is running like therapy for you too? What was your favorite game to play as a kid? How about with your own kids? Are you as excited about baseball as I am?

25 thoughts on “Toddler Tuesday: World’s Best Hider.

1. she's going the distance says:

running is very therapeutic for me..also being around kids, whenever i was going through a rough time i’d visit my nephews (all in Indiana right now) and they would make me laugh and put me in an immediate good mood

2. Kristin says:

OMG, soooo cutie!!! When I was young, I loved hiding, too!! It was so much fun!! Hehe!! 😉 Running is like therapy for me! I love it!! After a run is finished, I feel so wonderful and full of energy and excitement!!!

3. Diann says:

I just saw about your friend, I am so sorry to hear about that. Sending you condolences, and I’m glad you have running and that adorable and huggable little one.

Regarding baseball, opening day pretty much qualified as a holiday around here, even if the Sox were on your territory. (And even if the outcome was what it was.)

Thank you, my friend. It has definitely been a rough few days.
      It’s the same around here for Opening Day! I’m sure there were empty desks all over the city. I know I would have much rather been at Camden Yards. (But if the Sox had won I would have been okay with it. My friend was from here, but after living in Boston for so long he was a huge Red Sox fan.)

4. Piper's Run says:

Love the photo…too cute! Yes, running is like therapy for me. I think right now my girls love to be outside and exploring the neighbourhood….and of course tickles and giggles 🙂

I hear you! I feel like I did a lot of apologizing to my husband during those weeks when I could only ride the bike. The reunion will definitely be sweet for you! Thank you so much. xo

5. fitnessmeetsfrosting says:

So sorry you’re going through such a rough experience right now! Love the first bloom thing- very poetic. Betty is too stinking cute! Loved Hide and Seek as a kid! I used to have one of my parents hide me under a pile of blankets or pillows.

Tonight she was all about it again so I’m thinking it’s going to be a very regular game in our house. Totally fine by me!

And thank you. I’m feeling a little better today with it behind me. It was tough to get through the weekend knowing what we had to do today and now it’s just a matter of healing. He would want us to be smiling because that’s just the kind of guy he was so I’m trying to remember that.

OMG, so excited for baseball season…except my team isn’t in the area, and aren’t on tv here. I always try to catch them when they come play at Camden Yards though!! My favorite kid game right now is playing superwoman. My boys are totally into superhero’s right now!

Aw I LOVE that!!! I hope Betty wants to do the whole superhero thing one day. My husband put her in a Batman tee shirt at bedtime and she knows just who that is, so I’m optimistic. 🙂

7. littlegreenrunningshoes says:

What a cutie! Running is definitely my therapy. There’s no better place to sort things out and reflect than on a run. There’s something about the repetitive movement that allows my mind to wander and just let my feet go. Hoping you find some solace on the road!

I totally agree and I definitely have been. (Well solace in treadmill speed intervals today because the movie on at the gym was horrible.) I think you are absolutely right about the repetitive movement. It’s almost like meditation for me.

Whenever I have a tough day, I always look at our toddlers and see how care-free they are. I’m jealous of them. Their biggest worry is if I don’t put the ketchup on their food just the way they like it. Haha! Hope you feel better.

9. Button Tea (@Butt0n_Tea) says:

I still love hide & seek! The beef and I call it ninja game because if one of us steps outside for a minute or goes to the bathroom the other person will randomly vanish and you have to go find them. It’s hysterical especially since our house is so damn tiny, most of our hiding spots are very similar to what Betty has done there.

10. the Mom Next Door says:

I’m new to running and love/hate it, but mostly love it. It’s a fantastic therapy and gives me a needed afternoon energy boost.

Your adorable picture reminds me of the first time I played hide and seek with my daughter. After counting and as I started looking for her, I said out loud and to myself “where could Capri be?” She promptly replied “I’m in the closet!!”