And on the 62nd day…

Here are some of the things on my agenda today:

Finish drinking this giant coffee.

giantcoffee

Order this for lunch at my favorite spot.

nalley

Hang out with this girl.

cutestsweebs

Notice something is missing??

Since November 24, 2013 I ran every single day for a total of just over 280 miles. I ran through holidays, through hangovers, and through a nasty bout of food poisoning. I ran on pavement, trail, and treadmill. I ran in my skinny jeans. I ran in 4 races and placed in 2 of them. I ran my fastest mile, my fastest 5K, my fastest 10K, and my fastest half. I ran through all kinds of various body aches, but on Tuesday I noticed that I have a new little nagging pain in my ankle. It’s not bad and it doesn’t even hurt right now as I’m typing this, but something is different about it enough that I decided yesterday would be the last day of my Streak. I desperately need a real rest day. Then like a perfect end to my Streaking story, I finished my treadmill 10K and one of my big toenails partially cracked and fell off. I have a picture of that too, but I’ll spare you the gory details.

Then my perfect end got even more perfect because I arrived home last night to a mystery box on my doorstep. I couldn’t remember buying anything. I tore into the package and discovered that someone had sent me the most appropriate-for-me gift of all time:

best glass

I had already planned on celebratory wine and what better way to enjoy it?? For about 15 minutes I was totally confused about where it had come from and texted my husband and mom to see if they had ordered me this amazing glass, but before either of them responded a light bulb went off in my head. It’s from HELLY! Seriously…what kind of amazing friend – who obviously knows me so well – is she?? My life is better with her in it.

It says “Always Earned, Never Given”. The trophy at the end of my Streak.

Today I didn’t pack my running shoes with me for the first time in 2 months. It feels weird, but SO necessary. I’m looking forward to actually sitting down in a restaurant for the first time in a long time and enjoying my entire lunch break today. I did my hair this morning with a smile knowing that it will still look good at the end of the day because I won’t sweat all over it. This weekend I’m running, but today resting is going to be awesome. 🙂

~ Salt

23 thoughts on “And on the 62nd day…

Awesome! What a cool gift to get! Enjoy your rest day! I’ve been resting since the Dopey ended. And it is awesome. It’s nice to actually have the option to go to lunch instead of running or the gym. I’m starting to get the itch though and will be back running with a vengeance soon!

Thank you! Yes today has been amazing so far. I just got back from lunch and am drinking yet another giant coffee. Because it’s my rest day and I’ll do whatever I want. 🙂

AWESOME! I think one of the biggest learnings from a ‘streak’ is … when to stop. It gets addictive – as I followed yours I was also following mine from last year via the TimeHop app. I made it through 65 days, and am writing a ‘what I learned’, and encourage you to do so yourself after you get some distance. It really DOES matter.

Some comments:
    – LOVE the hat!
    – Your little girl is just SO cute!
    – And that wine glass … I loved it when you posted to Instagram, it is just completely awesome! Made my poor clear glass of wine seem so plain last night … 🙂

Ooo that sounds great! I’m excited to read your post and I think that’s a really cool idea! Once a little time goes by I think I will do just that. 🙂

And thank you on all accounts! My husband actually got me this hat for Christmas. He has good taste! And of course I love hearing sweet compliments on my little Bear. When I took that photo she was playing doctor with Elmo and showing me where the shots go. Poor Elmo. Haha.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. I have had pain in the past with my hip and I have chronic pain in my shoulder that comes and goes, but there was just something I didn’t like about this new pain. I don’t want to mess with it. I have too much stuff coming up to take that chance!

3. Andrea says:

Love the glass and it would be perfect for a few friends of mine! Do you know where she got it?

Congrats on an amazing streak, especially all of the days you ran when you didn’t feel well or the weather was horrible!

Thanks, lady! I am thankful for the treadmill or else it wouldn’t have gone on for as long as it did.

I’m not sure where she got it, but I’ll ask and let you know!

4. Corinne says:

Great job on the streak! A day or two of rest is definitely well deserved. And that wine glass? Amazing! What is the food you’re getting? It looks delicious!

Thank you thank you, friend! Today is everything I hoped it would be. 🙂
      I actually ended up ordering that exact thing today and it was so good I never wanted it to end. It is a brown rice bowl with: blackened tilapia, spinach, pepperoncinis, roasted peppers, edamame, corn, artichoke, asiago cheese, sriracha (I like hot things), and then there’s a really good broth added that soaks into the rice and makes it extra awesome. It’s from Nalley Fresh. Next time you come to Baltimore you have to check it out! (It is my most favorite lunch spot ever…you can get the best fresh and healthy meals there!)

5. Anita says:

Running through a hangover? You’re either dedicated or crazy … I’m not sure which. Cheers to that glass, love it. Enjoy your rest, you have earned it!