Good Luck, Disney Runners! {I wish I was there!}

I don’t go green with envy over many things, but today is an exception. It’s Disney Marathon weekend and rather than being in Florida where all the fun is, I’m in chilly Baltimore, drinking bad coffee, and drawing a picture of a parking lot.

Seriously. That’s the first thing on my agenda for today.

Ever since I started running I have been enamored with the idea of running a WDW race. Heck, I liked the idea of it even before I became an ‘actual runner’. It’s Disney. It’s warm, sunny Florida in January. It’s thousands upon thousands of happy people running together (some of them in hilarious and fun costumes). It’s some of the coolest finisher’s medals you will ever see in your life. It just sounds crazy awesome.

And then I heard about Dopey Challenge – which just sounds crazy CRAZY – and of course I became obsessed with it. In no way would I have been prepared to take on the challenge this year, but next year might be a different story. In case you don’t know what the Dopey Challenge is:

dopey-challenge-copy

It starts today with the 5K and wraps up with a full on Sunday and through blogging on here I’ve “met” a couple of people who are running it. I’m especially looking forward to this guy’s recap and photos!

Then I have come across the blogs of many, many people who are participating in one or more of the races this weekend and it’s just amazing to me how many people travel from all over the country to Orlando for these Run Disney events! I can’t say that I blame them. I definitely wish I was one of them!

So GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, Disney Runners! Have fun! I’m there with you in spirit this weekend! But really I’ll be over here hanging out with my parking lots and my green-eyed monster.

Have you ever run in a Disney race? Do you want to? What do you think of Dopey Challenge?

~ Salt

16 thoughts on “Good Luck, Disney Runners! {I wish I was there!}

1. sarahtgriffin2013 says:

I’m running the full, but may one day consider the challenge–I”ll be running my own 5k when I get there tomorrow to condition my body to the warmer weather, but I don’t know how these crazies can do all 4! I MIGHT be crazy enough in a few years of running, but we will see 🙂

2. Anita says:

I have been trying to convince my husband to head to Disney for a racecation since hearing about it. My friend is doing the Goofy this year.

I don’t think I would ever do the Dopey but you know how the saying goes … never say never. 🙂

3. Sarah says:

YESSS…… my first was the Wine and Dine, and I’m running Tink on the 19th!! The Dopey Challenge is something I really want to do……… maybe in 2016…

I’m super jealous of everyone there this weekend, too. Disney races are amazing!!!

4. Andrea says:

I really want to run the Wine and Dine or the Disney Princess. They just sell out so fast!

The Flying Pig has a similar challenge called the 4-way (Cincinnati Skyline chili reference). It is a 5k and 10k on Sat and a full on Sun.

5. michelle k says:

Myles and I did Wine and Dine 2013 – our first and only race. I agree with Sarah, it was amazing! They really keep you motivated and it’s so exciting to see what’s next. Wine and Dine is at night (10 pm) something to consider if you need a babysitter.

If you go I recommend staying at a Disney Resort. They pick you up at the airport, take you to the race and anywhere on Disney property. We also got highly discounted park tickets.

Do it!!

Love Disney (we’ve taken the boys 3 times over the years), not sure how much I care about the specific race … but the thought of being in Orlando right now is positively delicious!

I’m doing Disney Princess next month (ahhh so close!) and reading all the blog posts about this weekend is making me so excited! Disney Princess was literally the race that got me interested in running, so I can’t wait to actually do it!

Heyyyy! I’m just now getting caught up since flying home last night. Thanks for the shout out! I’ll have my first recap later today! Sooo much to cover!!! I was thinking of you in Florida, I knew how you wanted to run it and was thinking it’s too bad you weren’t there this year!