It’s time for another Streaking Party! Link up with Helly and me as we take on another week of the Streak!
Week 3 of the Runner’s World Holiday Run Streak is behind us and I feel like the time is FLYING by! All the fearful feelings that I had in the beginning about running every day now seem a little silly. I’m having a blast with this and I hope you are too!
Today marks my 26th day straight of running. I told my coworker this and she looked at me like I had three heads, which of course makes me feel extra proud of my accomplishment. Here’s a little recap of my past week:
- December 12: I must be smoking crack because running on the trail sounds like a super doable thing. I waste most of my lunch break driving to the trail, getting out of the car, seeing that the trail is a sheet of ice several inches thick, getting back in my car, and then driving all the way back to the gym. I end up running 5 miles on the treadmill, but seriously what was I thinking a trail would look like after all that bad weather we just got? Duh.
- December 13: SKINNY JEANS 1-MILER! I pop by the gym right after a work lunch, don’t even bother changing my clothes, and learn that I can run an 8-minute mile while wearing very unforgiving pants. People probably sneak cell phone photos of me looking like a total moron. Maybe I’m on a website somewhere. #caringnotcaring
- December 14: Quite possibly my favorite long run ever. I finally get back outside. It’s not too terribly cold, but it’s still snowy so everything looks super pretty, plus we have more snow in the forecast for that day so everything is quiet and peaceful the way it gets before a storm. It is early enough that I can run in the street and (mostly) avoid icy sidewalks. And I get to enjoy everyone’s beautiful holiday lights. In fact, it is so enjoyable that I don’t pay any mind to my watch the whole time and end up running 10 miles in just under 1:20 which is a new personal best for me.
- December 15: I stop by the gym for 1 mile after the HARDEST YOGA CLASS OF MY LIFE. I’m so glad the person teaching the class was subbing for my regular instructor because I kind of wanted to smack her the whole time. She was just awful.
- December 16: The wind chill is in the teens and I’m feeling like a big wuss so I run 7 miles on the treadmill. It is my longest treadmill run ever. Is that brag-worthy? Probably not.
- December 17: Need for speed! 5 miles of speed work on the treadmill. Those 800m repeats are getting easier!
- December 18: Cross train day in full effect! I run an easy mile, followed by 12 on the bike, and then hit up my aerial yoga class in the evening which leaves me super relaxed and at least an inch taller. I needed that!
Total Streak Mileage So Far: 103 miles and change (holy crap)
That brings us to today! I’m not even going to pretend like the trail is passable – plus I asked in one of my running groups yesterday if anyone had any info on it and was informed that it was painful even wearing Yaktrax – so I will be keeping my Streak alive with 5 miles on the pavement. We are expecting some VERY unseasonably warm weather the next few days (like 70’s on Sunday? WTF is that!?) so I’m hoping that will cause a massive melt and I can resume my normal outdoor running schedule. Fingers crossed!
Talk to me! Are you still going strong with your Streak?? Use the linky tool below and join our Streaking Party!