Helly and I (and Frank the Tank) would like to welcome you to our very first installment of our Runner’s World Holiday Run Streak link party! Woo hoo!
Week 2 has come to a close and we are both still going strong! Today actually marks my 19th straight day of running and I’m feeling much more phenomenal than I ever thought I would after 19 straight days of running.
Here is a quick recap of this past STREAK WEEK!
- December 5: I finally make it back out on the trail after a 2 week hiatus! After my first unfortunate experience out there I never thought I would actually miss the trail, but lo and behold I’m finding myself rather enjoying these days. I have my best day out there yet and run my 5 in just under 37 minutes.
- December 6: Rest day. 1 mile. I don’t even bother changing out of my sweet 1970’s high-waisted bell bottoms before hopping on the treadmill. A great many weird looks ensue.
- December 7: A wonderful, relaxing 7 mile run around my ‘hood. 38 degrees outside feels like a heat wave. I wear too many shirts and actually sweat for the first time in weeks.
- December 8: My last race of the year, Charlie’s Run! Race PR at 22:20 and first place in my age group! Snowstorm #1 fires up just as I finish.
- December 9: Due to snowstorm #1, we don’t have sidewalks around here and getting hit by a car is not my idea of a good time. So I run 10K on the treadmill.
- December 10: Oh hey look! It’s snowstorm #2! It’s not even officially winter yet and it has snowed more in 3 days than it has in like 3 years! Luckily it’s also speed day. 5 treadmill miles with much more successful 800m repeats than last week. I don’t even feel like barfing afterward.
- December 11: Cross train day! I hop on the treadmill again for a mile before 12 miles on a bike. Later on I will attend a holiday party where I will proceed to eat the equivalent of 4 dinners and drink about a gallon of wine.
I’m surprisingly un-hungover today. Must be all those dinners I ate.
Total Streak Mileage So Far: 73 miles and change.
To kick off this new week of the Streak I have a brand new pair of Brooks (EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESSIE!) and 5 miles planned. I’d love to hit the trail, but I’m sure it would be the sloppiest, slippery-ist miles I’ve ever run! So we’ll see. The treadmill has definitely been my BFF this week with all this gnarly weather we’ve been having.
Are you streaking with us? Are you doing weekly recaps of your streak? Link up with us using the linky tool below so that we can all visit each other and keep that motivation coming! Feel free to grab our badge and the code and post it up on you blog as well!
And another shameless plug for my Merry Fitness iBodyFit Giveaway which is still going on!