WHERE IS THIS YEAR GOING!?
You guys. It’s November. Pretty soon it will be time to bust out the Elf on the Shelf and put up the Christmas tree. I can’t believe how fast 2013 has flown by, but I must say that it might just be my favorite year in the history of EVER.
October certainly did not disappoint either. My biggest accomplishments this month include my adventures in solo parenting this week (including a dine out at a not-very-toddler-friendly restaurant) while my husband works like a million hours and of course this:
Sometimes I put it on and look in the mirror just because I can. Is that weird? Maybe a little.
In October 2013, I…
- RAN MY FIRST HALF MARATHON. I had a goal to finish in under 2 hours and I killed it, finishing in 1:49:03. Crossing that finish line was one of the proudest moments of my life.
- My grand mileage total for the month was 109.28, which makes this my third straight month of 100+ miles. Looks like I’ll be getting new shoes again soon.
- Achieved a personal best 10K time again, although this time it was on a training run. Does that still count?
- Carved two pumpkins into the shape of Bubble Puppy from the Bubble Guppies because my daughter loves him so much.
- Made a contest winning Halloween costume.
- Took my adorable toddler trick-or-treating and it could not possibly have been more fun. It was her first year doing trick-or-treat for real and she LOVED it. We ended up doing two long blocks of town homes because she wasn’t ready to go home yet. She insisted on walking and carrying her own pail like a big kid the whole time and was very liberal with her “pleases”, “thank yous”, “trick-or-treats”, and “Happy Halloweens”. I didn’t know she could even say the last one until yesterday. My nearly-20 month old is apparently more polite than most teenagers.
I let her have a little treat from her haul after we got home last night. It was her first taste of a sucker and I think it’s pretty safe to say that she loved it.
So what does this new month have in store for us? Well for one thing, Halloween is the gateway to my most favorite time of year so I feel like there is so much (delicious food) to look forward to. It’s shaping up to be a great month for running as well. I will be completing my first virtual race tomorrow morning well before the sunrise and then I have at least 2 more organized races later in the month. Maybe 3 if I decide to take on a 5K next weekend.
I hope everyone’s October shaped up to be as marvelous as mine did! On to the next!