September 2013 was the most physically active and athletically awesome month of MY. ENTIRE. LIFE.
I’m not even kidding. It’s not like a was a total couch potato before, but I have a long history extending back to elementary school of being generally terrible at any kind of sport and not receiving any kind of athletic recognition whatsoever outside of the badges I would receive for completing a level in figure skating and these ribbons they gave out to everyone on Field Day.
In September 2013, I…
- Logged more than 128 miles. That may not be a lot for some, but it’s certainly a lot for me!
- Achieved a personal best 10K time.
- Won my very first medal in aforementioned 10K. I was the 2nd female finisher and 4th person to finish overall.
- Achieved a personal best 5K time.
- I didn’t win any medals for aforementioned 5K, but I came close. I was 5th in my division (only 9 seconds out of 3rd place! grrrrrr!) and the 22nd woman to finish overall out of 1,527. I did get a cool medal for finishing though and it is WAY better than a Field Day ribbon.
- I fell in love with Brooks shoes.
- I made it to 13.1 miles.
Can you tell I like purple things?
It’s going to be tough to beat you, September 2013, but I’m up for the challenge. This month I have 2 half marathons on the agenda (one of them is virtual) and a possible 5K. And with lots of Halloween candy is on the horizon, the outlook is delicious. Happy October everyone!